rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

My case is complete at NVC so now I'm waiting for everything to be posted and my interview at the consulate scheduled.

No good news on the house sale front though - what about you cdneh, any luck with selling yours?

Married: 08/05/2007

I-130 sent CSC: 08/09/2007

NOA 1: 09/05/2007

NOA 2: 02/19/2008

NVC case number assigned: 03/04/2008

Case complete at NVC: 05/12/2008

Case sent to Consulate: 05/28/2008

Consulate received: 06/03/2008

Interview & Approval: 07/07/2008

Passport with Visa received: 07/11/2008

POE San Francisco: 09/15/2008

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Guys,

tho i've posted in the forum before i thought i'd take the time to introduce myself and my loved one here in the kiwi/us thread, ha woudn't you know it i originally posted it in the wrong place and had to move it.

my name is michelle and my man's name is rob, we met on the internet, playing wow of all things

i'm currently with him at the moment visiting, our first visit since we fell in love and it has been wonderful, i've been here (Harmony, NC) since second of april and unfortunatley i have to go back 22nd may.

rob is on disability and lives with his parents and his nephew, rob is being being evaluated for a lung transplant and his doctor says it needs to be done sooner rather than later. unfortunately money is an issue and things are a bit of a mess here but i love him and i just want to get back as quickly as possible so i can be with him.

unfortunately we don't have a time line for the lung transplant or for me getting here as i need to sell my house and get a divorce so rob can start the whole visa process.

i thought i'd try and do all his side of the paperwork while i'm here in case my divorce comes through while he's in hospital, that way all he'd need to do is sign them and get someone to post them off, any thoughts on that?

another question is what is the A # they refer to in the i-129f and g-325a?

i've probably shared too much but all this seems very overwhelming and wouldn't you know it, i have 5 days left with rob and i get a cold sore

it's seems like the time has just whizzed by and the closer the 22nd gets the more anxious i get, i know i need to get back to nz and sort things out but i so want to just stay here, i guess we just have to be patient and get thru

hopefully it won't be too long before i'm posting that our process has started and we can eventually be together

michelle

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

My case is complete at NVC so now I'm waiting for everything to be posted and my interview at the consulate scheduled.

No good news on the house sale front though - what about you cdneh, any luck with selling yours?

I'm lucky there...I rent. I almost bought a couple of times, but in the end thought to wait. Just as well as it all turned out!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Welcome Michelle (& rob). Sorry you're having to leave soon,... boy, we know about that! :( I'd have all the papers filled out and just dont sign or date them until you know you're 'legal'. Be sure he makes copies of everything so that once you're approved here he can send you the exact duplicate of the package. Have you filed for your divorce yet? I too had to be divorced before I could file for Russell to come back home (to the u.s.). After a 10 year relationship, 1 1/2 years of living together abroad/US... he was denied entry on his last visit in. We then had to wait 7 months for my divorce to go through...(ex dragged his feet). :( Anyway, we filed 5 weeks ago and are awaiting our NOA2 now from VSC! The good news is the Auckland consulate is very efficient! ;)

Kel, when are you heading back to nz???

cdneh, glad your got your petition off finally! Did you get your NOA1 yet?

Justine... how's it going???

timeline.jpg

Welcome Michelle and Rob :)

Kim - how's the wait looking? VSC moving any faster? I know some people were concerned with the speed there for a while.

As for me, I'm leaving the US on Thursday so just a couple more days left here. Then it's back to work and organising, and all those other things ;)

Timeline

We're looking at about a 50-60 day avg to NOA2 at VSC right now (:lol: sounds like i'm talking in code!). Most January/February filers were approved in a month but they're just working on clearning the second half of March out now, so it's longer but still fairly quick. It's been 5 weeks today that we sent off our petition! Time has really flown! I'm hoping we see our approval in the next few weeks then Russell will do all he can to rush the consulate so he can be here asap. No house to sell, no great job to leave... as we did that years ago. :( We just need that lovely little stamp that allows him back into the country...for good! :)

Do you guys know if he can schedule his medical as soon as we have our new case number from the NVC or do we need to wait for p3?

Kel, sad you're leaving but I suppose there is a certain comfort in knowing it wont be much longer! I do hope your home sells quickly (and for more than you're asking :lol:) and that you're back 'home' in the U.S. ASAP!

timeline.jpg

Still waiting Kim...I think this process would try the patience of a saint...and heaven knows that wouldn't be me :no:

Timeline

There is a very special power that comes with being a mother. ;)

How sweet they are giving him a greenstone. I've had mine for years but Russell just gave my mom one for her birthday last month. I'm sure it warms your heart. :)

Six weeks today that we sent the petition. Still no formal April approvals (just an expedite) but we're hoping it's not too much longer.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Counting down now to being able to file for the dissolution of my marriage, i understand it takes a month after filing to come into effect and as soon as i have the divorce papers in my hand i will send copies to Rob so he can send off our K-1 visa petition.

I'm very excited that we'll soon be able to start the journey.

:yes:

6807.gif

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Timeline

Hi all,

Just thought I would write a note to say I am in the US now.

No problems at POE - came through LAX and it was quite quick. Lined up with Jo in the non US citizen line and the immigration officer dealt with the whole thing there and then - didn't have to go to another room or anything. He just checked through all my documents that were in the envelope. The only thing he asked for was some photos of us, as at the interview the CO gave me all the photos back and said they didn't need to stay in the file. We'll the immigration officer at the border asked for the photos - I had them all in my carry-on anyway so just handed them over to him. Did the fingerprints and photo, asked when we planned to get married and then just said to make sure we get married within 90 days and to file AOS afterwards. Was a friendly officer and didn't make it any harder than he needed too.

Have bought a car, finishing touches on planning the wedding and getting organised for moving down to South Carolina in early August. Our wedding is on June 28th.

KimandRuss - you asked a question about scheduling the medical. I rang up and got an appointment before I had Packet 3 - the doctors just said to make sure I bring in my passport, the photos and all documents I needed. They didn't ask for any numbers or anything. That was in Christchurch.

So now we will be onto the next stages of things and AOS soon.

Hope all of your journeys are going well. Best of luck.

Cheers,

Mark

18 September 2007: I-129F Sent to CSC

26 September 2007: I-129F NOA1

20 February 2008: Touch

21 February 2008: Touch

5 March 2008: I-129F NOA2

15 March 2008: NVC received

18 March 2008: NVC forwarded to Auckland

26 March 2008: Packet 3 Received

14 April 2008: Packet 3 Sent

18 April 2008: Packet 4 Received

29 April 2008: Interview Date

3 May 2008: Visa Received

28 May 2008: US Entry

28 June 2008: Wedding Day!!!!

30 June 2008: AOS/EAD documents sent to Chicago Lock Box

7 July 2008: NOA1 for AOS & EAD documents

15 July 2008: Biometrics Appointment

3 September 2008: EAD Approved and Card Production Ordered

15 September 2008: EAD Card Received

16 September 2008: AOS Approved and Green Card Production Ordered

26 September 2008: Green Card received

Timeline

Michelle, do be sure your divorce is completely FINAL before sending off the K1. Do not send it during the waiting period.

Mark, welcome to the U.S. and congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Thanks for answering my question regarding the medical. He's up near Whakatane but I hope the 'rules' are the same for wherever he's going.

The rest of you are very quiet... how are things???

timeline.jpg

Mark - congrats on making it over to the US and best wishes for your wedding. I hope you both have a fabulous day.

Justine - wow, it's getting close to the time for you to leave. It must be exciting!

I've got my interview scheduled for July 8th so the last hurdle is in sight. I need to get my medical done before then so I'm just waiting for the consulate to send the info so I can go and get that done.

Time seems to be flying, I'm still counting on leaving here in September which gives me 3 months to get everything in order. Unfortunately no news on my house, I've got a few more weeks before I start panicking about that so fingers crossed I get some good news soon!

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Timeline

Hi Folks.

Kel, hope you get some good news on your house soon! Congrats on the interview date! Do let us know how the medical goes.

I did hear back from the Auckland Embassy via email. Because i'm self employed and own some rental property I wanted to know what documents they were looking for in regards to the affidavit of support. They did mention that Russ's CV/Resume would also help. I thought that was interesting. Anyone else hear that from them?

They also suggested to wait for packet 3 from them before scheduling Russell's medical. Noted they just had an issue with someone who did it before they had record of that person and there was all kinds of confusion. I'm sure the medical wont take long to schedule and complete anyway. Still waiting for that darn approval! It's been 7 1/2 weeks since we sent it now...hopefully it wont be too much longer!

Justine, you must be jumping out of your skin!!! I hope you keep us posted!

timeline.jpg

The rest of you are very quiet... how are things???

I've been a bit quiet...we've struck a hitch, and an unnecessary one at that. I spent considerable time locating the bits of paper required, it can be quite a challenge to get some of those when you aren't in your country of origin to start with, it took 4 months for the long form birth certificate alone. All up I was five months assembling the bits and bobs, and I was quite thrilled to get the entire package bundled up and sent off to the States, so he could add his bits of paper and file. That was at the end of March.

He's still waiting on a copy of his divorce paperwork. He thought he had it, but it was not among his papers in the end. Pretty sure then he left it with his daughter in her safe, but she can't remember the combination. This was about mid-April. His daughter called on her Mum, the ex-wife, and she agreed to send a copy, which she hasn't. Now we are waiting 5 weeks for it to be sent from the courthouse in California. There was some confusion as to which courthouse....and on and on. It's meant to be in the post as of Friday last, but not arrived as of today. At our present rate of speed we will be lucky to file in June.

I'm annoyed, and not a little disappointed. Seems to me there was adequate time while I was busy assembling paper for him to have eyeballed what he needed, and been ready. Now we are delayed at least a couple of months and possibly longer. He's very contrite...but all the same we are not even in the queue.

In this morning's post, I received my fingerprint criminal report from the RCMP, report is dated May 14th. I wasn't expecting that back for at least 2 months, and if those are only good for 6 months...well as it stands at present we may not even be close to interview by then. If I have to repeat that process, getting fingerprints done again here, sending those off to the RCMP, anaother 120 day wait, sending those back.... *sigh*

:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.