aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:( *lost for words*

Aug 16th, 2005 Mailed I-129F

Day 1 - August 19th, 2005- NOA1

Day 55 - WOOHOOOOOoo! NOA2 October 13th,2005!

Day 61 - October 19, 2005- Email -case shipped to NVS

Day 74 - November 1, 2005- Case Number !!!!!

Medical on November 11, 2005

Day 80- Nov 7th, 2005 -Recieved letter -Petition on its way to London!

Day 104- December 1st, 2005- Finally received police certificate.

Day 115- December 12th, 2005 -Mailed Packet 3 forms to London.

Day 167- February 2nd, 2006 -WOOOT- Interview date received in the post!

Day 207- March 14th, 2006 @ 10:30am- London Interview **APPROVED**

.png

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Jpkeswim, that really sucks!! I can hardly believe it. I was also thinking about you yesterday, but I didn't think it would be bad news. Sort of freaks me out, making me worry all over again, rethinking everything we put in our letter and is it enough. This whole process is so hard! Comforting to have others going through it alongside you. I hope things work out for you guys.

Tiff

We were denied...yesterday !!!

I just cant beleive it :o ...im just lost for Fxxxxxxx words... :o

Im so sorry..im really am :yes:

Ok i see you got your thinking head on....

Ist... appeal waiver M.T.R. But takes anything from 6/12 mths in WASHINTON DC, contact L.scott she can do if you like with a good track record

2nd...way..get married here in the uk and DCF K3 petition after you get married..(without a lawyer) not sure how long you must live in the uk before you can DCF but even so wherever you file here in the uk or usa you can still go for a k3 or i130 petition...130 is better than the k3 i think anyway..

3rd live in the Uk until bar is up...

I wanted to ask did they write to you saying it was 10 yr bar or you just think it is?

Whatever you both decide i wish you all the best and have my backing!

Im so sorry this has happened :crying:

This is a sucky, crappy system they have in place.... :angry:

Best wishes whatever you decide.. ;) But Dont give up your love! ;)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jeez, I'm really sorry to read that has happened. My heartfelt sympathy to you. I hope you can turn this around somehow.

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Timeline

They told us it was a 10-year bar in our nice denial letter! It seemed like the took it against us cause we weren't married yet. They called it "speculative conjecture". They said that john had no respect to the US government since he had not attempted to get legal residency before. But yes he had but the lawyer said there was nothing they could do for him - which we found out there was something they could do. They said yes he was brought over as a child but once he reached 18 he could of moved back to the UK and he could of made his own decisions. Well now we have to do all this on our own this time without the lawyer. We are broke now and don't have enough money to hire another lawyer. Our had no respect, they originally told us one amount and we ended up paying 3 times that amount!!!! Well have a good weekend! BTW they said that our hardships weren't extreme!

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

They told us it was a 10-year bar in our nice denial letter! It seemed like the took it against us cause we weren't married yet. They called it "speculative conjecture". They said that john had no respect to the US government since he had not attempted to get legal residency before. But yes he had but the lawyer said there was nothing they could do for him - which we found out there was something they could do. They said yes he was brought over as a child but once he reached 18 he could of moved back to the UK and he could of made his own decisions. Well now we have to do all this on our own this time without the lawyer. We are broke now and don't have enough money to hire another lawyer. Our had no respect, they originally told us one amount and we ended up paying 3 times that amount!!!! Well have a good weekend! BTW they said that our hardships weren't extreme!

Dear Jpkeswim,

I've just heard the news, and I am completely gutted and my heart goes out to you. (F)

I'm a little confused as to the reason why they denied you though?

Your fiancee had to file a waiver because of an overstay? is that right? What was all that about "brought over as a child and once he was 18 he could have gone back to the UK"?

also would it be possible to post your hardship letters on the forum?

It may help us all understand this mess, although I'll understand if you don't.

Like Tiff I am getting really worrried here aswell, thinking was our waiver and hardship applications good enough now?

This is not good, I am so so sorry for you both, no one deserves this

Nigel what the hell is going on with London? :(

OK Mary has very kindly gave me more information on your case, so Jpkeswim you don't need to answer.

I must admit I am totally dumbfounded as to the reasons why the guys at London (once again) said that a waiver could be filed, when perhaps your case application was unwaiverable??

Why put you through the hell of lifting your hopes to have then smashed?

I am so sorry guys :(

Timeline
OK Mary has very kindly gave me more information on your case, so Jpkeswim you don't need to answer.

I must admit I am totally dumbfounded as to the reasons why the guys at London (once again) said that a waiver could be filed, when perhaps your case application was unwaiverable??

Why put you through the hell of lifting your hopes to have then smashed?

I am so sorry guys :(

That is exactly it... lifting hopes to have them smashed. When we went to the interview in November we were already prepared for the denial. We only went for closure and had already made plans to move on. It was going to be difficult, the hardships were and still are real, but we were psyched up for it. Waiting in limbo for an addtional three months, unable to move forward with either plan... staying in this two room flat for example rather than moving into the bigger place we had lined up.... thats what really shattered us. We honestly were confident we would be approved because of things that were said at the interview. Maybe not 100% confident but we really were just waiting for the approval... waiting for that phone call... envisioning how excited and happy we would be. The denial letter left us numb and depressed. We grieved for the life we knew we couldnt have. I am still struggling with the realities of that. The fact that we will not be part of my kids and grandkids lives. The fact that now the government expects me to give up all the belongings that I have accumulated over a lifetime and leave the home I have lived in for 30 years. They don't care about any of our lives. They really don't.

We are getting ready to move ahead with plan B. We have no other choice. We will be together one way or another. Unless the UK won't let me in.. there is that worry.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Paul...

The 601/212 waivers are very complex and such a grey area!

The problem i think is that the departments, DHS , Uscis, and the Embassy Dont work together very well indeed ...what im saying is that they both read the rules different...and this must be stoped straight away...

Take for instance the 2 failed waivers here....embassy says yes to a waiver to be filed and the DHS says no...

A waiver of 601 or a 212 is a risk of whatever..in fact its a bloody lottery!

In my head a k1 visa and to file a waiver aswell is risky as the us goverment dont see that there's great weight cas the 2 loving human beings is not as one ..meaning married...now if married this can/will help as you make them work to denie you...

Take me for instance....yes i was married, and what made it stronger is that ive got a 3yr old usc child..

I never took just them two reasons tho to be Approved cas ive seen people getting denied with the same as me...so what i did is..to use whatever i could to make our case stronger..ie the USc ill mother ect...

But after all that it still was not clear and green....its still a hit or miss thing!

Like i said many, many times do not take this waiver stuff like a walk in the park....all i can say to anybody when writing such hardship letter make them strong but to the point...

but even so this is not a green light for a Approvell....

The hole Immgration needs to be looked at very carefully indeed as there is no real boss running the show....

IM so sad what is gone on here this last few wks...and im going to look into this and writing to my wifes congressmen/women and the DHS on this matter....

THE SYSTEM NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP....

Whatever the two members want to do i shall for one back them up and do what ever i can for them.....

if they want to fight well ill be there for them in whatever they want....

Best wishes .

God Bless..

Nigel/family xxx

Timeline

i was told from our lawyer that the 601's are getting harder to approve because they are now actually making the final decisions in washington and not in London.....I will write more later

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Timeline
i was told from our lawyer that the 601's are getting harder to approve because they are now actually making the final decisions in washington and not in London.....I will write more later

Please do. What in the world could that mean? Is that why they've upped the time frame? And why isn't it good enough for the people in London to approve anymore? How many people have to decide that your hardship is enough? This is all so ridiculous and really riles me up when I think about it!!! It seems that immigration is so broken that they just don't know where to focus and so make it difficult for the people who are actually jumping through the "required" hoops instead of those who are here illegally and completely mock any and all immigration laws! Unfair, I shout, Unfair!!!

Now, off I go to worry myself to death!

Tiff

Please do. What in the world could that mean? Is that why they've upped the time frame? And why isn't it good enough for the people in London to approve anymore? How many people have to decide that your hardship is enough? This is all so ridiculous and really riles me up when I think about it!!! It seems that immigration is so broken that they just don't know where to focus and so make it difficult for the people who are actually jumping through the "required" hoops instead of those who are here illegally and completely mock any and all immigration laws! Unfair, I shout, Unfair!!!

Now, off I go to worry myself to death!

Tiff

I would certainly agree with Tiff and Nigel and say again that I think it is a system that is full of holes and is floored....

However, I'm not sure about the longer timeframe being a result of the decision going to Washington though.....

As we all know there are only a few people in this forum going through the 601/212 process in London. My lovely fiancee recently came up with the suggestion that if you're waiver is sucessful, you should hear something around the 10 week mark, however if it is denied you will probably have to wait until the 13+ week date until you get your letter.

It makes sense when looking at our colleagues timeframes in here, Misty and Nigel (approved around the 10 week mark?), Jpkesim and Mary (denied around the 13+ week mark)........ hmmmmm what does everyone think of that suggestion?

Certainly it would help if we had more cases to try and prove it (maybe I think a visit to immigrate2us.net is worth it).

best wishes to you all

:thumbs:

Paul...you could be correct on that...but sometimes they do fall back there with staff holidays ect...

if i had a waiver and it was gone 10 wks then i be thinking positive and make some sort of excuse in my head for the delay...

As for the DHS in London not getting the power to Approve or denie waivers is very unlikely but i can see them passing such complex cases to WDC , but in WDC there up the walls with appeals from all around the the world so have they real time to look at London waivers too?

I did hear a few mths back that some Immgration laws was changeing and giving more power to congress so maybe just maybe this could be the start....

I sure hope not cas they havent a clue now nevemind messing about moving this and that around...!

Nigel... :thumbs:

Timeline

Gosh, Paul, if that's true, won't we be freaking out if 10 weeks comes and goes without any word for us? I wish I knew what the exact procedure was. I'm just so curious about how they actually decide these things. Is it really so arbitrary?

So has anyone else started thinking about what their plan B will be? The hardships in all our letters are real, and I for one don't know what we'll do if we're not approved. :(

Tiff

Timeline

don't forget that sometime in the past few weeks the timescale changed from 8-12 weeks to 12-15weeks. And that seems to be the case. maybe they had 3 people working on them and 1 left. plenty of pointless speculation to be had.

Plan B will probably involve valium or something similar. :blink: Our hardships are very real too. So much so that we agreed not to talk about a plan B as its difficult to get into a positive frame of mind about that while in limbo.

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.