Ahmed N Cheryl

Internet Connection In Egypt

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks for all your replys. My SO lives in Damanhour Egypt. He had connection one day at his home all day while I was at work and lost it again as soon as I got off. :angry:

He has tried so hard to go to net cafes so we can talk but we have not had much luck there either. Once or twice we were able to talk for a couple of hours. :dance::dance:

But the Interview is Monday and he needs to print our Skype Log for phone calls, Our emails, and our msn conversations from December until now for the Interview. Lucky we had printed all up to December 29th because we sent it with our Packet 4. :unsure:

They returned it to us and told us bring to Interview....so we still have it. But we have nothing from December 29th until now. So I am getting nervous about it. Think they may tell him he does not have enough proof of relationship....and may deny him or put us into AP. :unsure:

Maybe I am worrying over nothing.....But sometimes Cairo is quick and sometimes it seems as if they search for anything to hold you in AP. :(

Just pray he will get connection or find internet cafe with connection and printer so he can print our records before Monday. :innocent:

Thanks for all your support. (F)(F)(F)

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl,

Good luck with the interview to you both. Try not to worry. He knows you..he loves you.... THAT is what will come out in the interview. So dont worry. I did some number crunching and took the K1's from over the last 2 years from VJ. And this is what I found......

Almost 70% of the k1 interviews have their visas. Out of 24 interviews only 8 still wait. The longest wait I found was 15 months, but there are reasons for that. 2-3 have waited 10 months...the rest have waited only 5 months for visa. The AVERAGE time to visa in hand for those that did get I found to be 3 months. The longest wait to GET a visa for those that have was 7 months. In a nut shell...The odds favor a visa to be issued in a timely manner for a K1 visa. Yes there are those few that have waited...but on the whole for K1 the numbers speak for themselves. Bearing in mind this is coming from the VJ REPORTED timelines. So dont worry...relax....

For the internet connections...my SO has his own line and we have had no issues over the last 2-3 days now. If your guy shares a line...that will weaken his connection right up front. My SO ssays that they finished repairing the actual lines...however through today they are rerouting the services back through the newly repaired lines..and that may cause issues still for some. Hang in there...I'd say in the next day he should have better luck with net.

As far as recent call activity...i wouldn't worry...they rarely ask or WANT to see any documentation from what i've been reading...he just needs to show what he can..as he answers questions...relax...its in Gods hands now. Your relationship is real...they will see that. Calm...breath...do something for yourself in the next day or so...get out a bit...the work is done...now its time to reap the benefits...

Good luck...may God guide your SO"s words...give you comfort, peace and strength... Rise like the Eagle and soar. You are in my prayers....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks for all your replys. My SO lives in Damanhour Egypt. He had connection one day at his home all day while I was at work and lost it again as soon as I got off. :angry:

He has tried so hard to go to net cafes so we can talk but we have not had much luck there either. Once or twice we were able to talk for a couple of hours. :dance::dance:

But the Interview is Monday and he needs to print our Skype Log for phone calls, Our emails, and our msn conversations from December until now for the Interview. Lucky we had printed all up to December 29th because we sent it with our Packet 4. :unsure:

They returned it to us and told us bring to Interview....so we still have it. But we have nothing from December 29th until now. So I am getting nervous about it. Think they may tell him he does not have enough proof of relationship....and may deny him or put us into AP. :unsure:

Maybe I am worrying over nothing.....But sometimes Cairo is quick and sometimes it seems as if they search for anything to hold you in AP. :(

Just pray he will get connection or find internet cafe with connection and printer so he can print our records before Monday. :innocent:

Thanks for all your support. (F)(F)(F)

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl,

Good luck with the interview to you both. Try not to worry. He knows you..he loves you.... THAT is what will come out in the interview. So dont worry. I did some number crunching and took the K1's from over the last 2 years from VJ. And this is what I found......

Almost 70% of the k1 interviews have their visas. Out of 24 interviews only 8 still wait. The longest wait I found was 15 months, but there are reasons for that. 2-3 have waited 10 months...the rest have waited only 5 months for visa. The AVERAGE time to visa in hand for those that did get I found to be 3 months. The longest wait to GET a visa for those that have was 7 months. In a nut shell...The odds favor a visa to be issued in a timely manner for a K1 visa. Yes there are those few that have waited...but on the whole for K1 the numbers speak for themselves. Bearing in mind this is coming from the VJ REPORTED timelines. So dont worry...relax....

For the internet connections...my SO has his own line and we have had no issues over the last 2-3 days now. If your guy shares a line...that will weaken his connection right up front. My SO ssays that they finished repairing the actual lines...however through today they are rerouting the services back through the newly repaired lines..and that may cause issues still for some. Hang in there...I'd say in the next day he should have better luck with net.

As far as recent call activity...i wouldn't worry...they rarely ask or WANT to see any documentation from what i've been reading...he just needs to show what he can..as he answers questions...relax...its in Gods hands now. Your relationship is real...they will see that. Calm...breath...do something for yourself in the next day or so...get out a bit...the work is done...now its time to reap the benefits...

Good luck...may God guide your SO"s words...give you comfort, peace and strength... Rise like the Eagle and soar. You are in my prayers....

I agree...they didn't look at the BOOK full of chat logs and phone records we had and they only looked at the photo album for all of two seconds after he pushed it in his face.

As for the number crunching.....if Cairo didn't change their methods then that would be valuable but they have changed their procedures at least twice over the past two years so I wouldn't put much stock into those figures at all. If I had my interview a year prior my husband would be here by now. The only bright side that I can see though is that many of the K-1's and K-3's that we have seen here come out of their interview saying they are approved. Not something that used to happen that often. Interviews are not always approved on the spot which is what makes the ap hang so long. I was told this both by DOS and by Cairo. On Cairo's website now they state the following:

“When Will I Get My Immigrant Visa?”

This is the most frequent question we get. Our best answer is that “You cannot be sure of when you will get your immigrant visa until it is in your hands.” Acquiring an immigrant visa is a lengthy, complicated process.

While some applicants may have an immigrant visa one week after their visa interview, others may never get an immigrant visa because they are ineligible under the law. Procedures and documentary requirements also change, and you may be asked several times to provide additional documents. We are committed to processing all immigrant visa applications as expeditiously as possible, given our resources and all relevant laws and regulations. We are also committed to giving applicants who contact us as precise an explanation as possible as to the status of their cases. In some cases, an applicant may be refused. If an applicant is refused and feels that he/she did not provide all relevant information during the interview, the applicant may submit that information and request reconsideration. We may then review that information and reconsider the decision. A request for reconsideration, however, does not guarantee further review.

bolded emphasis mine

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/when.htm

So bottom line, if the interviewer outright says yes you are approved then no sweat, you'll have the visa within a month I would think. If he doesn't and just gives you the thing saying you are in administrative processing then you won't know that you are approved or not until that visa is in hand. That is what makes this time more stressful then all of the other steps in this process....knowing you could be an entire year in AP only to then be denied. INshallah that won't happen to you...or anyone else in AP hell.

Good luck.

Oh and my husband was able to chat with me yesterday at a cafe but there was a huge line to get a computer since everyone is trying to catch up on the time they lost.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have a peek here, for what it's worth :

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/webchat/wc103107.htm

Scroll down to this post :

31/10/2007 03:05:29 م

Yehia Hussein : Can you please give us some examples of the administrative processing that is required to issue a visa and takes many weeks? Could it be just a simple similarity of names that triggers such administrative processing.

Conn Schrader: When a consular officers approves a visa, it may require additional administrative processing. This means that the officer is inclined to issue a visa and does not infer that he or she believes there is any problem with an individual applicant. Again, the overwhelming majority of approved cases are ready within a few days of the interview.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Yehia Hussein : Can you please give us some examples of the administrative processing that is required to issue a visa and takes many weeks? Could it be just a simple similarity of names that triggers such administrative processing.

Conn Schrader: When a consular officers approves a visa, it may require additional administrative processing. This means that the officer is inclined to issue a visa and does not infer that he or she believes there is any problem with an individual applicant. Again, the overwhelming majority of approved cases are ready within a few days of the interview.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If it does not infer that he or she believes there is any problem with an individual applicant why interrogate the no-problem applicant's neighbors, why ask him demeaning questions at the interview? Is this just their way of saying you're awesome!

whoops.....nagishkaw...that is for non-immigrant visas. The ones we are going for I believe are immigrant visas. The procedures are very different.

Edited by bridget

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since there must be only a small percentage of applicants going through Cairo that are on this site, I'm curious what the actual statistics are for Cairo. I'm guessing most people probably do get their visas pretty quickly.

As to the internet connection, ours is fine now, has been for a few days with no problems. And hubby just got his own dsl instead of having to share, so it's even better alhamdulillah.

Bridget, aren't all visas except CR1 non-immigrant visas?

Edited by melly

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline
Since there must be only a small percentage of applicants going through Cairo that are on this site, I'm curious what the actual statistics are for Cairo. I'm guessing most people probably do get their visas pretty quickly.

As to the internet connection, ours is fine now, has been for a few days with no problems. And hubby just got his own dsl instead of having to share, so it's even better alhamdulillah.

Bridget, aren't all visas except CR1 non-immigrant visas?

I thought they were all immigrant visas. Maybe someone else can chime in but regardless this is the start of the chat:

Moderator : Hello and welcome to today's webchat with Mr. Conn Schrader, Chief of Non-Immigrant Visas in the U.S. Embassy's Consular Section. We are delighted to host this chat and thank you for spending time with us today. The topic of today's chat is visas for people who plan temporary visits to the U.S., including tourists, businesspeople, and students.Mr. Schrader will lead this discussion and answer your questions.

bolded emphasis mine. The K-1 and the K-3 are not temporary visas to the best of my knowledge.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That makes no sense whatsoever. If it does not infer that he or she believes there is any problem with an individual applicant why interrogate the no-problem applicant's neighbors, why ask him demeaning questions at the interview? Is this just their way of saying you're awesome!

whoops.....nagishkaw...that is for non-immigrant visas. The ones we are going for I believe are immigrant visas. The procedures are very different.

:yes: :yes: That's too funny! I think it was a way to tell that person and others that , "we wanna be nice cos this will be posted online so people should keep their hopes up while we keep spewing the superficial BS. "

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Egypt says Internet back to normal by Monday

Fri 8 Feb 2008, 17:25 GMT

[-] Text [+]

CAIRO, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Internet service in Egypt should be restored to normal by Monday after repairs to undersea cables are completed, an official at Egypt's state-controlled telecoms firm said on Friday.

Repairs on one of the two cables cut last month had been completed and repairs on a second cable were almost done, said Mohamed Nawawy, an official at Telecom Egypt, in remarks carried on state news agency MENA.

Breaks in the cables off Egypt's northern coast and another cut cable between Dubai and Oman had caused Internet disruptions in parts of the Middle East and Asia, with Egypt losing most of its capacity.

Repair work on part of the intercontinental cable known as SEA-ME-WE 4, co-owned by India's Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd , was finished, Nawawy said.

Repairs to a section of the FLAG Europe-Asia cable between Egypt and Italy would finish soon, he said, without giving further details.

Egypt has said it did not know if the cables were cut by bad weather. Storms forced the country to close the northern entrance of the Suez Canal around the time the cables were cut.

Egypt's Telecommunications Minister Tarek Kamel had ordered Telecom Egypt to compensate all users with a month's subscription free of charge. Egypt has also said it wants compensation from the undersea cable operators. (Writing by Will Rasmussen; Editing by David Holmes)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.