Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

what about this bread and A/C muscle thing? i dont get it lol

can someone explain it to me?

--------------------------------------------------

should we start a new thread to tell more about us? like where are we now? where are we going to live once the visa is in hand? for how long have you known each other? the first impressions on your spouses city/village/town/home? and his/her impressions on USA?

I have read some interesting stories of people here. it would be nice to keep them in 1 thread. this thread is kinda like visa help topics. the new one would be just sharing experiences , advices , suggestions more on culture and living.

I am waiting for your responces

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
what about this bread and A/C muscle thing? i dont get it lol

can someone explain it to me?

--------------------------------------------------

should we start a new thread to tell more about us? like where are we now? where are we going to live once the visa is in hand? for how long have you known each other? the first impressions on your spouses city/village/town/home? and his/her impressions on USA?

I have read some interesting stories of people here. it would be nice to keep them in 1 thread. this thread is kinda like visa help topics. the new one would be just sharing experiences , advices , suggestions more on culture and living.

I am waiting for your responces

Hi substance

That was my original topic when I had started this thread for those of us whose spouses where already in the USA, but then others started to post their visa problems here and everything else got lost in the translation! :ot:

Anyway about the bread and A/C muscle thing, you will soon find out once your fiance/spouse is in the USA but I will be fair and explain a little. Ever notice how much the turks eat bread for just about every meal and yet they stay so slim? well that was one of the interesting thing we realize because most of us are not used to eating that much bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner! :o

The other one is about how they complain about sored muscles, especially my husband who always needs a massage every single day or night and blames it on the heat or cold!!! Geezs are the turks so sensitive :bonk:

And yes, I agree to just keep the "Just Turkish" topic for our everyday daily living situations for those of us with our spouses already here in the USA to share with others in similar situations please. :ot2:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline

Thanks for the answers.

I am sure your answer will help people understand the reason of this thread. The questions on visa will go on new threads.

Not all Turks eat that much bread. not all Turks gain no fat from bread either. You are just lucky your spouse has relatively faster methabolsm. Yes I have heard the AC thing, most Turks order cars with AC but they never use it, keep the windows open. When ask to turn on the AC, they say it makes them sick. btw who doesnt like getting massages? lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm sorry but yes, all Turks do eat that much bread and do stay skinny! All the Turks I know are exactly like that. And yes, I know more than just my husband and his family.

Yeah, the AC makes them sick. Must be something in their genes. Some strange Turk gene that no one else in the world has. The same gene that doesn't make them vomit when they are trying to eat in a restaurant that's filled with smoke.

I'm not bitter, seriously I'm not. Turks are just funny.

SOL

Married May 21, 2004 in Istanbul.

NVC Timeline (to make my signature smaller)

02/11/2005 I-130 APPROVED!!!

03/12/2005 NVC sent I-864 fee bill to me.

03/28/2005 Received NVC case number and I-864 bill.

03/29/2005 Husband in Turkey receives DS-3032

04/01/2005 Husband mails the DS-3032 via UPS.

04/02/2005 Sent fee bill overnight to NVC

04/15/2005 Received IV Visa bill.

04/16/2005 Overnighted IV Visa bill.

05/11/2005 Received I-864 packet.

05/16/2005 Faxed requests for tax return transcripts.

06/01/2005 Received tax returns from IRS.

06/02/2005 Received W-2's from IRS.

06/03/2005 Mailed I-864 packet with required documents.

06/06/2005 NVC received I-864 packet.

06/17/2005 Mailed DS-230 papers to husband.

06/24/2005 Called NVC, I-864 is complete

08/18/2005 NVC received biographic info from husband.

09/15/2005 NVC message, RFE (not enough passport pages copied and sent)

09/30/2005 NVC receives RFE, entered in system.

11/01/2005 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!

11/08/2005 Case forwarded to Embassy

12/27/2005 INTERVIEW IN ANKARA!!!

12/27/2005 Was told to get a joint sponsor (total #######)

01/20/2006 Embassy received our joint sponsor packet.

01/30/2006 Visa arrived at my husband's house via UPS!!!!

02/03/2006 Husband comes home to Austin, Texas!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Merhaba!

Hope everyone is well.

It's been awhile sence I have been on VJ.

So where did the new thread end up? can someone post a link here?

Thank you,

Peace to All,

Debra

Hello Debra&John,

How are you doing?

Just to put this on top of all other topics..

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Timeline

Merhaba internetkafe

We are doing great, thank you. How are you and your family? Please say hello to Justine for me.

We will file I-751 in November.....so back to the immigration thing for a short time.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Anything new going on for anyone?

Best wishes,

Peace to All

Debra

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for the reply Debra&John,

We are doing fine thank God.

Also we are expecting a baby-girl in May :dance:

I wish you a speedy, problem-free process for I 751. :)

Summer is around the corner. I do not remember impatiently waiting for summer when I was in Turkey. But here I do. It has been very cold.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

I have to tell you that Mahir could eat a loaf of bread a day back in Turkey but now he really can't! He used to be sooooo skinny but has gained a good amount of weight (as have I) since we got together! It'll be 8 years this summer since we met - I can't believe it! We're heading back to Turkey in August to visit the family (he hasn't been back since 2004 and I haven't been there since 2003). We're just waiting right now for his military service extension to come back all set - otherwise we won't be able to go to Turkey - don't want to take the chance of my hubby being taken for service just during our quick two week visit! Mahir got me the Rosetta Stone program so hopefully I'll be able to learn some Turkish before heading over there in August - would like to speak to my in-laws sometime!

Allison

August 1999 - Allison & Mahir met on ICQ

November 29, 1999 - Allison & Mahir meet face to face

January 11, 2002 - Allison puts Mahir on a plane back to Turkey so he can fulfill his 2 year J1 commitment

September 13, 2002 - Mahir is in U.S. to visit for two weeks and PROPOSES!!!

February 2003 - Mahir in U.S. again for another two weeks

August 2003 - Allison goes to Turkey to meet the family and see Mahir for two weeks

K1 Visa (VSC) ~ December 17, 2003 - May 18, 2004

May 25, 2004 - MAHIR ARRIVES IN THE U.S. :-)

June 1, 2004 - Allison's birthday - Mahir and Allison get married on top of a hill in Whitman, MA

Adjustment of Status (Boston) ~ June 7, 2004 - February 24, 2005 (interview) - March 4, 2005 (GC arrives in the mail)

Removal of Conditions (VSC) ~ November 27, 2006 - ???

November 27, 2006 - Sent to VSC, check cashed two days later...

January 26, 2007 - After several 800 number calls and INFOpass appointments NOA with extension of green card arrives in our mail box. The receipt date shows that our application was received January 11, 2007 (frustrated because this means they didn’t count when it REALLY arrived on November 28, 2006).

February 3, 2007 - Biometrics (done on a Saturday - went ahead of appointment date)

NOW WAITING AGAIN!

http://www.allison-mahir.net

Timeline

:dance: Congratulations to you and your wife internetkafe.

Wow, its so close to May :dance::dance: Please let Justine know that I am thinking of her (F)

Great to hear all is well.

Thank you for your best wishes also. I am sure this next process will be as Pleasant as the Previous(LOL)

I understand the weather issue. I am always waiting for summer to come....It rains too much in this state, really ready to move.

Take care,

Best wishes

Peace to All,

Debra

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share the news that Resul and I had our interview on April 24th and he was approved for his greeen card! The interview was a piece of cake! Lasted only about 20 minutes. So he is anxiously waiting for it to come through the mail! We are happy to be done with all this governmaent "madness" for at least the next 2 years! Hope you are all doing well!

(L) Deb & Res (L)

post-21151-1178153410_thumb.jpg

AOS Journey

11/06/06 - We're Married!!! Finally Mr & Mrs!!!

12/04/06 - Resul received his Social Security Card

12/08/07 - Filed for AOS & EAD

01/02/07 - Biometrics Appointment

03/07/07 - Received work permit in the mail

03/24/07 - Resul was hired for his first job in the USA

04/24/07 - Our AOS interview date

04/24/07 - Green card approved!!!

05/05/07 - Green card has arrived! Hooray!!!

Post AOS Journey

12/05/08 - Baby Mehmet born!

04/24/09 - Applied for Removal of Conditions

05/22/09 - Approved for 10 year Green Card! InshAllah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes :star:

btw..nice pic!

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share the news that Resul and I had our interview on April 24th and he was approved for his greeen card! The interview was a piece of cake! Lasted only about 20 minutes. So he is anxiously waiting for it to come through the mail! We are happy to be done with all this governmaent "madness" for at least the next 2 years! Hope you are all doing well!

(L) Deb & Res (L)

• 4 weeks later...

Merhaba Everyone,

I thought I would just write a post since no one has written since May 8th. Nasilsiniz?

Does anyone have anything to share about their loved one from Turkey? Mine is still over in Turkey and not sure when he will be here in U.S. I do miss him so.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!

iyi gunler,

Wendy

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.