Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Wonderful that your hubby got a new job! Crazy how the economy is so bad that one would consider moving back to a country where the economy is supposed to be "worse," nuts!

Hamit still cannot find a job. Wish it wasn't such a bad time...but what can one do? His English is now good enough to take a driver's license test and he is doing so now! We are holding off of IVF as we have no money and I cannot get OT to pay the 10K needed, but I hope the economy hurries in time...I am 35 now!

Jenn how is Fuat adjusting? I am so thankful hamit didn't have too much a time of it. Everyone is different though!

Congrats on the pregnancy kennyandhandan! Yay!

Much happiness to all!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wonderful that your hubby got a new job! Crazy how the economy is so bad that one would consider moving back to a country where the economy is supposed to be "worse," nuts!

Hamit still cannot find a job. Wish it wasn't such a bad time...but what can one do? His English is now good enough to take a driver's license test and he is doing so now! We are holding off of IVF as we have no money and I cannot get OT to pay the 10K needed, but I hope the economy hurries in time...I am 35 now!

Jenn how is Fuat adjusting? I am so thankful hamit didn't have too much a time of it. Everyone is different though!

Much happiness to all!

Erika, I'm a rotten friend!! Happy belated anniversary!

Our application packet was signed for at 10:23:)

OUR TIMELINE

03/05/09- First FB message

06/13/09- First visit to Turkey

09/18/09- Second visit to Turkey

02/25/10- Third visit to Turkey

04/13/10- Sent I-129F Packet:)

04/14/10- Delivered to CSC at 10:23:)

04/15/10- NOA 1

04/16/10- Check Posted to account.

And touched.

04/21/10- NOA 1 Hard Copy

04/22/10- Fourth visit to Turkey

05/12/10- Touched

06/24/10- Touched

06/25/10- Touched

06/25/10- NOA 2 APPROVED!!

06/28/10- NVC Received

07/02/10- NVC sent to Ankara

07/12/10- Packet #3

07/16/10- Sent Packet #3

07/20/10- Packet #4 received

10/13/10- Interview- Approved!

10/19/10- Visa recieved

10/21/10- POE JFK

12/2/10- Married:)

02/24/11- Sent AOS packet

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We had a sonogram today and apparently we're going to have a girl!

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulations.....

:dance::dance:

Wishing you all the best at the Interview :thumbs:

I received my interview letter!!! :dance: obviously FBI was able to process my finger prints card this time! :) the interview is scheduled on April 27th! I also received an e-mail saying uscis has approved my EAD application!waiting for my card now! and last but not least I received my AP documents yesterday! :dance:

Jenn congratulations! I am sooo happy for both of you guys! :) I hope all is well with you and Fuat!

Timeline

Merhaba Camistanbul,

That is wonderful news about the job!! Things are looking upward now.

(F) Happy belated Anniversary (F)

Best wishes always

debbie

Merhaba! I haven't been here for a long time, but I wanted to share the good news. My husband has landed a fantastic job! We moved to the Bay Area over a year ago and unfortunately, he could not find work. He probably applied for over 200 jobs, had a ton of interviews, but because there were so many senior IT people out of work, it was impossible to find a job. We didn't waste time and he enrolled at a local college to take more IT classes, and did an internship with Cisco. Then last week, he got not 1 but 2 job offers! He took the better paying job with full benefits, at an international company, and will start on the 19th! Yay!

We've been in the US for a while, but it feels like this is a 'second beginning' for us. He was starting to talk about going back to Turkey for a while, even just to work for a few months, so he could help take care of things. We're both so incredibly thankful that didn't have to happen!

Anyway.... we got the news yesterday morning on the job offer and it was also our 2nd anniversary! Kismet.

Hope you're all well!

Timeline

Jenn,

Very nice to know all is going well. I am so happy to hear that things are calming down for Fuat...Sometimes it's easy..sometimes it just is very hard and takes time.

Congratulations on your marriage :dance:

Just so excited for you!!! cant say it enough...I know your busy and will be from here on out. But if you have a free moment, please pm me.

Hugs!

debbie

Hi everyone,

Since Fuat arrived I have barely had time to get on here...wanted to let everyone he is doing well and each day gets easier. It was really rough at first, but starting to calm down now. We got married on March 30.. but have the wedding planned, for my family, on May 1. Ended up getting married earlier than we had planned.. but the legal part is done now.

once we have a ceremony for my family we can wear our rings :)

Hope all is well....

Jenn

Timeline

Hi Erika,

Gosh, wishing things were better for you guys with the job issue. You asked what can one do...I would just have him get as much schooling in as he can. Keep him busy and meeting new ppl will hopefully keep him un-depressed about the situation. Pray things look up for you guys so very soon.

10k for payoff from military duty? If I remember correctly, he must have worked 3 years before he can "pay off" the military issue and has till he is 36. (this is foggy for me now...please correct me if I am wrong) He can apply for a 1 year clearance to military so he can get back into Turkey for a visit (must do this yearly if he wants to visit yearly). All can be done thru email with Turkish Embassy here in the states to get it going, rather easy. Also he can renew his passport too if need be at the same time (it is cheaper here).

Pardon, what is your next step? Citizenship?

Hang in there and best wishes (F)

debbie

Much happiness to all!

Oh Deb, Hamit finished his military duty! I was talking about 10K for IVF! You are too cute.

Congrats on the baby girl! So exciting. Better give us pictures when she's here lol!

Thanks Mindi!

Whatever happeed to Julia? How are ya Wendy?

How is it for all the newbies here?

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Hello, people! Thought I'd say hi another Turkish k-1 filer here. I've had a look at the posts related to Turkey, and it seems like the Turkish beneficiary is usually male? o_O It's interesting reading the stories of those that have managed to go through with the process. Makes me think about potential problems with adjusting... Our process is in the NOA2 stage, we've just received approval on the 15th. Pretty quick. I can't help but expect a late RFE or something. Sure hope not... also pretty clueless about Packet 3, I think we'll end up waiting for the consulate to send us the list before starting to collect anything...

K-1 - California Service Center

2010-03-04 - I-129F Sent

2010-03-05 - NOA1 Notification on USCIS Website

2010-03-08 - NOA1 "Notice Date"

2010-04-14 - NOA2 Notification E-mail

2010-04-20 - NOA2 Hard copy

Timeline

Hello, people! Thought I'd say hi another Turkish k-1 filer here. I've had a look at the posts related to Turkey, and it seems like the Turkish beneficiary is usually male? o_O It's interesting reading the stories of those that have managed to go through with the process. Makes me think about potential problems with adjusting... Our process is in the NOA2 stage, we've just received approval on the 15th. Pretty quick. I can't help but expect a late RFE or something. Sure hope not... also pretty clueless about Packet 3, I think we'll end up waiting for the consulate to send us the list before starting to collect anything...

Congrats on your NOA2. You must be pretty excited by now. I also get the impression that most Turkish beneficiaries in this thread are male, but not so for me and my Turkish wife. Anyway, best of luck dealing with the consulate in Ankara and beyond. It will be a cinch.

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

Timeline

Congrats on your NOA2. You must be pretty excited by now. I also get the impression that most Turkish beneficiaries in this thread are male, but not so for me and my Turkish wife. Anyway, best of luck dealing with the consulate in Ankara and beyond. It will be a cinch.

Thanks!! &) The main hope here is that they don't grill me during the interview, when/if things get to that stage. I have NO idea what the Ankara consulate is like when it comes to age difference...

2010-03-04 - I-129F Sent

Timeline

Flothera, I have packet #3 instructions, another VJ member passed it to me. If you would like to start working on it now I can send it to you:)

Good luck!!

Erika and Tayna...47 hours until take off:) I have a plan for us:D I will send you both a PM or maybe FB:)

OUR TIMELINE

03/05/09- First FB message

06/13/09- First visit to Turkey

09/18/09- Second visit to Turkey

02/25/10- Third visit to Turkey

04/13/10- Sent I-129F Packet:)

04/14/10- Delivered to CSC at 10:23:)

04/15/10- NOA 1

04/16/10- Check Posted to account.

And touched.

04/21/10- NOA 1 Hard Copy

04/22/10- Fourth visit to Turkey

05/12/10- Touched

06/24/10- Touched

06/25/10- Touched

06/25/10- NOA 2 APPROVED!!

06/28/10- NVC Received

07/02/10- NVC sent to Ankara

07/12/10- Packet #3

07/16/10- Sent Packet #3

07/20/10- Packet #4 received

10/13/10- Interview- Approved!

10/19/10- Visa recieved

10/21/10- POE JFK

12/2/10- Married:)

02/24/11- Sent AOS packet

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Flothera, I have packet #3 instructions, another VJ member passed it to me. If you would like to start working on it now I can send it to you:)

Good luck!!

Erika and Tayna...47 hours until take off:) I have a plan for us:D I will send you both a PM or maybe FB:)

Thanks! I would really appreciate that.

2010-03-04 - I-129F Sent

Timeline

Thanks! I would really appreciate that.

Here you go: http://turkey.usemba.../k1k2102009.pdf

My wife said that at the interview the officer was mostly interested in our pictures together. I had sent along one that I took just before I got on the plane to leave her at the airport and we had tears on our cheeks. He said "What were you both so sad about?" She told him "We were sad because he was leaving and we didn't want to be apart." He said "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..... approved!" There was no detailed interview for her or anything like that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.