Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Wendy? I forgot to ask about you :lol::bonk:

You must be in either heaven or hell to not write so long...lol

You still in orgasmic bliss after Hawaii or?

Totally off topic: How do we get our guys to wear deodorant regularly? Anyone have luck? :blink: I know the norm in America is to wear deodorant almost obsessively, but can we have some middle ground? :unsure:

I realized today, after being largely unsuccessful in this department, that I often find myself trying to rush home when out together before "this" becomes problematic....lol :rofl: :rofl: :secret::hehe::help::dead::ph34r:

Haha! I take the direct approach of "Honey...you smell...go put on some deodorant." The first few weeks he was here I would ask him almost everyday after he showered, "Did you put on deodorant?" He has finally gotten into the habit - thank goodness!

I tried that for like 3 days and then so did he! lol When i was in Turkey, I did become less obsessive about trying to cover all natural body odors as for everyone there smelling (reeking lol) au naturale is the norm. The smell of cooked onions seems to permeate with no one is the wiser. But then again rubbing in a bunch of aluminnum and chemicals into your lymph nodes can't be healthy either!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

If you are Turkish yes, also you will need an English translation of it as well. If you are the USC-no

Shows how much I ignore details....lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey everyone! Just a quick update: Ramazan's interview last Wednesday went extremely well (except for one brief tax-return scare). He should be getting his passport/visa any day now.....he is packed and ready, so within a few days, he will be coming (assuming the plane tickets we have our eyes on don't disappear).

Hope everyone is doing well!

Deanna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hey everyone! Just a quick update: Ramazan's interview last Wednesday went extremely well (except for one brief tax-return scare). He should be getting his passport/visa any day now.....he is packed and ready, so within a few days, he will be coming (assuming the plane tickets we have our eyes on don't disappear).

Hope everyone is doing well!

Deanna

Congrats Deanna and Ramazan!

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congratulation on your Graduation and on your Marriage (F)

I hope your job interview went well...Sorry I am so late on this.

Sounds like you’re having fun and getting ready for this coming wedding ;-) enjoy.

Well for us all the paperwork was easy after they are here in the states....big business this immigration process. Money, money and more money. I hope this new process goes smooth for you guys.

Consider this time off as a little brake because we all know once working it is hard to be able to get a vacation any time soon plus be able to save for it and keep paying the bills....soon enough your hubby will be working and everything will fall into place. Best wishes for both of you to find the jobs you’re looking for.

I have not had a real vacation in almost 4 years, lol. My boss was nice enough to give me a month off to go to Turkey when I did in 2004. After I came back and found the mess in my office he told me never to ask again ;-( ...that’s my luck! I get 3 weeks off a year and just take a day here and there. Would like too, but its too hard right now.

My eldest daughter graduated from high school last Tuesday....kinda sad and happy at the same time. My youngest is going into the 10th grade next year.....my babies are growing up :( I wanted to attach a photo but cant seem to......

So happy for all you who are starting a family.....wonderful times. Hope all is well in that area. Anyone at the point of just wanting it done? lol...seems more so at the end in the final weeks.

Wishing everyone well.

Debbie

Hi everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I've written. It has been a busy last month or so. I graduated a couple of weeks ago and now can officially write "M.Ed" after my name :) I'm looking for a teaching job - have another interview tomorrow...wish me luck!

Onur and I officially tied the knot on May 18th. We are having our "wedding" this coming September 12th. I am having fun planning, dress shopping, and all that good stuff.

We have been saving money to apply for Onur's AOS. It looks like we are going to be able to send in the paperwork this week or next. Onur is getting bored out of his mind and REALLY wants to be working. It's stressful for both of us, but we know that this is only temporary.

What's up with the rest of you? Any more news? How are the mommas-to-be doing? Everyone else?

Timeline

Handan's green card arrived in the mail today. No more waiting or paperwork until 2011! :)

September 11, 2007 - Sent I-129F to CSC

September 12, 2007 - I-129F delivered to CSC

September 26, 2007 - Official date of receipt on NOA1

September 29, 2007 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

October 2, 2007 - Touched

February 20, 2008 - Touched/Approval date on NOA2

February 21, 2008 - Touched

February 26, 2008 - NOA2 via snail mail - Approved!

February 28, 2008 - NVC received file/NVC sent file to Ankara

March 4, 2008 - DHL delivered to embassy

March 21, 2008 - Packet 3 received

March 31, 2008 - Packet 3 sent to embassy

April 4, 2008 - Packet 4 received

May 28, 2008 - Medical appointment

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

June 3, 2008 - Interview was successful and K1 is approved!

June 9, 2008 - Visa in hand.

August 2, 2008 - Our wedding party

August 12, 2008 - POE Miami

August 20, 2008 - Legal US wedding

December 8, 2008 - Sent AOS packet to USCIS

May 4, 2009 - Interview day - Approved!

June 23, 2009 - Green card received.

Handan's green card arrived in the mail today. No more waiting or paperwork until 2011! :)

Congrats to you two! Wasn't Handan pregnant? I forget with all of these pregnancies going around!

Congrats to Deanna and Ramazan! Are you two together now? How are things?

Tanya when are you coming back?

Where in the hell is Wendy, Filiz and Sibel?

Julia-I think we are the only ones left in this little world as of late....lol

Oh well....hope to hear from some of you soon!

Merhaba everyone.... hope you are all well and that your pregnancies are going smoothly! (is everyone pregnant here!? I feel like a minority!) :whistle:

We've been in CA for ~6 months now and Okan hasn't been able to find the kind of job he wanted (IT), so we found a local community college and he's enrolling in classes as of next week. I think it will be really good for him to get out, meet more people, and have something concrete to do. We're hoping that through these classes, he'll be able to secure an internship or network into a good company, given some time. He'll probably get some part-time work on the side either on the campus or around our house, but for now, I'm bringing home the bacon! I still feel bad about moving back during this terrible economic time, but I'm positive things will work out in the long run.

We've also gone to some networking events for Turkish people, which were interesting. I haven't been around so many Turks since leaving Turkey, so it was nice to meet new people and for Okan to speak Turkish. It looks like we may not get to go back to Turkey this year to visit, so it's nice to have a little bit of Turkey close to home.

Not much else is going on, just working and trying to adjust to our new life here. I hope you're all having a nice week & take care!

:star:

Our Timeline

DCF - I-130

4/10/08 - Married in Istanbul!

5/14/08 - Sent I-130 to Ankara via UPS

5/15/08 - Packet arrived in Ankara at US Embassy

6/2/08 - Received email from Embassy, our interview is schedule for 8/11/08

8/11/08 - Interview at US Embassy in Ankara, I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!

8/13/08 - Visa RECEIVED.....

11/7/08 - Flew from Istanbul to Denver (via JFK)

11/21/08 - SSN received in mail

12/18/08 - Green Card received!!!

I-751 (lifting conditions)

8/10/10 - Sent to California Processing Center

8/20/10 - Received AOS letter

8/26/10 - NOA received biometrics appointment notification

9/16/10 - Biometrics Appointment in San Francisco

10/7/10 - Approved!

Citizenship

1/24/12 - Date filed

5/30/12 - Oath Ceremony!!!!

Adios, USCIS!

Timeline

Congrats to you two! Wasn't Handan pregnant? I forget with all of these pregnancies going around!

Good memory :) We, unfortunately, are no longer expecting.

June 3, 2008 - Scheduled interview date was 23rd. Asked for a closer date and was given the 3rd instead.

Kennyandhandan I do not want to pry with what that means, but I am sorry :( Well, hopefully everything all works out (L)

However, congrats on that green card!! Hamit and I just files on the 11th for his. At least now you can rest assured there are only one or two more times you have to deal with USCIS in the next decade or so!

Where is everyone?? I feel so lonely :whistle:

:blink::whistle::dance::help::alien::crying::protest::cry::pop:

debresul...how is baby Mehmet? I didn't know camiinistanbul moved to Ca...I am from there...how do you like the people? :blink: lol At least, like you said, there is a Turkish community there! Poor Hamit is waiting these lonely months out alone wile I am at work! He is doing well though and studying his English. He had quit smoking before he got here and so cooking has been his obsession now :lol:

I wonder if Sibel is ok?

Edited by ErikaAndHamit

Timeline

Kennyandhandan I do not want to pry with what that means, but I am sorry :( Well, hopefully everything all works out (L)

However, congrats on that green card!! Hamit and I just files on the 11th for his. At least now you can rest assured there are only one or two more times you have to deal with USCIS in the next decade or so!

Where is everyone?? I feel so lonely :whistle:

:blink::whistle::dance::help::alien::crying::protest::cry::pop:

debresul...how is baby Mehmet? I didn't know camiinistanbul moved to Ca...I am from there...how do you like the people? :blink: lol At least, like you said, there is a Turkish community there! Poor Hamit is waiting these lonely months out alone wile I am at work! He is doing well though and studying his English. He had quit smoking before he got here and so cooking has been his obsession now :lol:

I wonder if Sibel is ok?

No problem... we're going to keep trying. We had a miscarriage in December.

I was wondering about Sibel too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.