bjejelola.isscamr

One-way ticket from Nigeria

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead (but its what gets me through the day sometimes).......When I flew to Nigeria I used Orbitz to book my flight. When I checked their flights, and those similar; cheaptickets.com, etc..they said that they don't book flights that originate from other countries. I'm trying to get an idea of what the cost might be for a one way ticket from Nigeria to NY. Of course this will depend on many factors. But besides going on the Airlines website, do you know of any other websites that compare prices for tickets originating from Nigeria? Also, do you think that it would be cheaper if I booked the flight from the US or if I sent him the money and he purchased the ticket in Nigeria? I once 'heard' that sometimes the cost of the ticket is based on what they feel you could pay (based on your country). Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy New Year..... I was reading you post and I tried looking at airline's from Nigeria and was unsuccessful, One-way tickets are very expensive, I read on this website that buying roundtrip is the way to go and I can remember someone posting that they encourage you to buy a roundtrip ticket just incase your SO doesn't make it through customs... (Which we know He Will Make it with No Problems).. But that will save you a lot's of money. A one way ticket can be up to 5000.00 or more, but a roundtrip cost about 1200.00 big difference.

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I kind of priced things already for budgeting reasons and a one way ticket will only be a little less expensive than a round trip ticket. Many times you will have to deal directly with the airlines. We all know that Nigeria has extra issues when buying tickets. A couple of the major airlines make you call rather that show info online. I guess too many people pretend to be flying to the US from Nigeria. I actually found Kayak and bt-store( best travel ) to have better prices usually. But I am in California.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Try North American Airlines for pricing information.

N 400 Journey

Sent Package-12/13/2008 VSC

Biometrics - 01/07/09

Original Interview Date - 04/07/09 (File has not arrived)

Interview Date - 05/13/09

Oath Letter Received - 06/11/09

USC - 07/02/09

Passport/PC (Expedited) -07/02/09

Passport/PC Received - 07/11/09

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I payed for my ex-husbands ticket and now wished aI would of let him figure out his ticket on his own. Silly me , thinking this man would be greatful and thinking that we were a couple........lol

My ex-husband had other plans once he arrived here.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I found Kayak.com helpful. But still wondering how to go about booking the flight. If I purchase ticket online, can my husband pick it up at airport there? (Lagos) or do I need to fedex it to him? Or can he purchase it there for the same price quoted on the site?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead (but its what gets me through the day sometimes).......When I flew to Nigeria I used Orbitz to book my flight. When I checked their flights, and those similar; cheaptickets.com, etc..they said that they don't book flights that originate from other countries. I'm trying to get an idea of what the cost might be for a one way ticket from Nigeria to NY. Of course this will depend on many factors. But besides going on the Airlines website, do you know of any other websites that compare prices for tickets originating from Nigeria? Also, do you think that it would be cheaper if I booked the flight from the US or if I sent him the money and he purchased the ticket in Nigeria? I once 'heard' that sometimes the cost of the ticket is based on what they feel you could pay (based on your country). Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Cheaper to get from nigeria thru a travel agency.

Embassy admit having petition (interview date not known yet) 20th Oct 2005

Picked up package 4 at embassy 24 of Oct

Interview date: 19th January 2006 DENIED (221G)

Second interview: 3rd of Feb 2006 VISA APPROVED! Thank U Lord!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well,i dont know if u have alraedy purchased the ticket or not.I came over on a k-1 visa in june and i came with a direct flight from Nigeria to newyork.My wife booked the flight for me online through north american airline.I think their website is www.naa.com.My wife booked the flight and give them my e-mail address,their sent me the confirmation and i went to murtala muhammed airport to pay for the ticket.North american airline have an office in murtala muhammed airport.Or he can buy the ticket at any branch of UBA that is accredited to sell their ticket.He only need to show the confirmation of the online booking,which he will print out from his e-mail.It cost me 1260 dollars,ofcourse that was in june 2007.Good luck.Travel agents are very costly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well,i dont know if u have alraedy purchased the ticket or not.I came over on a k-1 visa in june and i came with a direct flight from Nigeria to newyork.My wife booked the flight for me online through north american airline.I think their website is www.naa.com.My wife booked the flight and give them my e-mail address,their sent me the confirmation and i went to murtala muhammed airport to pay for the ticket.North american airline have an office in murtala muhammed airport.Or he can buy the ticket at any branch of UBA that is accredited to sell their ticket.He only need to show the confirmation of the online booking,which he will print out from his e-mail.It cost me 1260 dollars,ofcourse that was in june 2007.Good luck.Travel agents are very costly.

Hey! this is Paul once more,i checked and the correct website is www.flynaa.com.I hope everything works out for u.

Timeline

wow! thats a good deal then. When I came early 2006. there wasn't that benefit of a direct flight from lagos to newyork.

We couldn't find a ticket less than 1500 dollar from the U.S for just one way. Someone I met at the embassy and made friend with then gave me a contact to a travel agency and right now as I type am looking at the receipt, it only cost me 136,800.00 naira. although it was KLM and had to stop at amstedam for connecting flight, north west airline. Like I said there was no direct flight from Lagos to Newyork then. good deal but at the same time the OP can compare prices and see what is best for her and her spouse rite now. Never bad to do some research.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow! thats a good deal then. When I came early 2006. there wasn't that benefit of a direct flight from lagos to newyork.

We couldn't find a ticket less than 1500 dollar from the U.S for just one way. Someone I met at the embassy and made friend with then gave me a contact to a travel agency and right now as I type am looking at the receipt, it only cost me 136,800.00 naira. although it was KLM and had to stop at amstedam for connecting flight, north west airline. Like I said there was no direct flight from Lagos to Newyork then. good deal but at the same time the OP can compare prices and see what is best for her and her spouse rite now. Never bad to do some research.

If I'm calculating it right, 136,800 N should be about one thousand dollars, tho now it seems the dollar has less value in 9gia these days; about 118N per dollar compared to approx. 127N per dollar when I was there just months ago. I've found KLM to be on the expensive side, but $1000 is not bad at all. I checked Kayak and a one-way ticket is roughly $1300 to NYC. Not bad, and very close to what NAA was offering. Thanx for all your input.

Timeline

If I'm calculating it right, 136,800 N should be about one thousand dollars, tho now it seems the dollar has less value in 9gia these days; about 118N per dollar compared to approx. 127N per dollar when I was there just months ago. I've found KLM to be on the expensive side, but $1000 is not bad at all. I checked Kayak and a one-way ticket is roughly $1300 to NYC. Not bad, and very close to what NAA was offering. Thanx for all your input.

Yea, ya quite rite. The exchange rate has change alot from what it used to be. I don't know how klm do it but I think they give the acredited travel agency a big break. I remember we tried getting this same ticket on klm site and the price was so high there, infact when I was told by the agency how much it would cost me, I thought someone is trying to scam me until I got my travel intineary. Anyway which way U wanna go bout it, wish U and ur spouse speedy reunification

Timeline
I found Kayak.com helpful. But still wondering how to go about booking the flight. If I purchase ticket online, can my husband pick it up at airport there? (Lagos) or do I need to fedex it to him? Or can he purchase it there for the same price quoted on the site?

There are restrictions with fedex and I'm not sure if you can SEND an airline ticket to Nigeria. I vaguely remember some sort of restriction regarding that, but I could be wrong. I doubt he would be able to purchase a ticket in Lagos for the same price quoted to you on a website.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

I've got enough frequent flier miles through Delta, so purchasing a ticket won't be an issue for me (and there's a DIRECT flight to Atlanta). Although, I did check into this because we were hoping to get the application filed earlier and I wouldn't have had enough miles and would have had to purchase the ticket. I'm not aware of any websites that will allow you to book a flight originating in Nigeria. I'm pretty sure you will have to call. If you book directly with the airline, you should be able to pay for the ticket here and he can pick it up at the airport in Lagos.

Good luck - I hope you're able to get a good price on the airfare!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.