i_n_s

DS-230 Fee for K-1?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I have a question about the fees that are required before the K-1 interview takes place. As far as I can tell, since my fiancee is classified as a K-1 nonimmigrant, she will only pay $131 for the processing of the DS-156K application and $85 for the biometrics. Will she also have to pay processing and security fees for form DS-230?? She did provide a completed DS-230 (part I) in the packet 3 she returned to the consulate, but in the packet 4 paperwork she received back, there is no mention of a fee requirement for the DS-230, only the $131 for the DS-156K. I also have not received any indication of a DS-230 fee requirement directly from the NVC. She is a national of Laos.

Also, I know that a medical examination is required, but are vaccinations also required before the interview, or can they be put off until after she arrives in America? According to the U.S. Department of State's website, vaccinations are optional.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated!!

5/20/07 I-129F sent to local service center

5/30/07 I-129F received by CSC

6/1/07 NOA1 received

9/18/07 Called USCIS, told to wait 6 months before checking status

9/24/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1

9/25/07 Touch

10/9/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1 and that case is pending

10/11/07 TOUCH!

10/12/07 TOUCH AND APPROVAL E-MAIL NOTIFICATION! WOOHOO!!!! Notice sent 10/11. (144 days from filing)

10/15/07 NOA2 hardcopy in-hand!

10/17/07 Packet 3 paperwork completed, given to relative who will hand deliver to fiancee in Laos on the 19th

10/17/07 Waiting for NVC to receive case

11/26/07 NVC received case

11/28/07 NVC forwards case to consulate in Vientiane, Laos

12/3/07 Consulate received case

12/10/07 Packet 3 received

12/26/07 Packet 3 completed and delived to consulate

12/26/07 Packet 4 received

3/17/08 Interview date!! (302 days from filing)

Filed: Timeline
Hello all,

I have a question about the fees that are required before the K-1 interview takes place. As far as I can tell, since my fiancee is classified as a K-1 nonimmigrant, she will only pay $131 for the processing of the DS-156K application and $85 for the biometrics. Will she also have to pay processing and security fees for form DS-230?? She did provide a completed DS-230 (part I) in the packet 3 she returned to the consulate, but in the packet 4 paperwork she received back, there is no mention of a fee requirement for the DS-230, only the $131 for the DS-156K. I also have not received any indication of a DS-230 fee requirement directly from the NVC. She is a national of Laos.

Also, I know that a medical examination is required, but are vaccinations also required before the interview, or can they be put off until after she arrives in America? According to the U.S. Department of State's website, vaccinations are optional.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone know..?

5/20/07 I-129F sent to local service center

5/30/07 I-129F received by CSC

6/1/07 NOA1 received

9/18/07 Called USCIS, told to wait 6 months before checking status

9/24/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1

9/25/07 Touch

10/9/07 Called USCIS, used RFE trick, told that last document sent was NOA1 and that case is pending

10/11/07 TOUCH!

10/12/07 TOUCH AND APPROVAL E-MAIL NOTIFICATION! WOOHOO!!!! Notice sent 10/11. (144 days from filing)

10/15/07 NOA2 hardcopy in-hand!

10/17/07 Packet 3 paperwork completed, given to relative who will hand deliver to fiancee in Laos on the 19th

10/17/07 Waiting for NVC to receive case

11/26/07 NVC received case

11/28/07 NVC forwards case to consulate in Vientiane, Laos

12/3/07 Consulate received case

12/10/07 Packet 3 received

12/26/07 Packet 3 completed and delived to consulate

12/26/07 Packet 4 received

3/17/08 Interview date!! (302 days from filing)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.