*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Please do add me to the happy list. I have just received my interview date as well for the 1st feb early morning :thumbs::dance:

wooooohoooo :lol:

Thank you VJ people for the support :thumbs:

Congratulations Tinkerbell :dance::dance::thumbs:

Edited by mustang-sally

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I will update it all tomorrow, not sure when Julez leaves.

Still waiting on ddkm, I have pm'd him so hope for an answer and shadow. I will post an update tomorrow unless Julez does in the meantime

K1

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Literally just got in the door from London, and I am happy to say we are APPROVED!!!!!!!!! I've never been so nervous about anything but it was ok! I'll post a review and my questions a bit later on when I get the wee one to bed :D

:dancing: Wonderful news!!! :dancing:Congratulations!!!!!!

Please do add me to the happy list. I have just received my interview date as well for the 1st feb early morning :thumbs::dance:

wooooohoooo :lol:

Thank you VJ people for the support :thumbs:

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! Nearly finished!!!

Gratzies on approval and on interview date!! Oh it is so exciting hanging out here!!!

AAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm gonna crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clock:

Crack away :lol:

You arent from the UK but that doesnt matter, good luck in your journey. We are all in this together. All the best :thumbs:

PMSL :lol: I think that should win a prize for most random post of the day (week? Year?!). Made funnier by the totally natural way in which it was received :lol:

Ok - maybe I am just cracking myself :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

so i think i should update everyone...we were approved! sorry it has taken me so long to reply but i have been busy and havent had time to post it on here. And we got the visa in the post already...didnt even pay for extra postage and it arrived within 24hours, no text message or anything!

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Timeline
so i think i should update everyone...we were approved! sorry it has taken me so long to reply but i have been busy and havent had time to post it on here. And we got the visa in the post already...didnt even pay for extra postage and it arrived within 24hours, no text message or anything!

Well done, congratulations :dance::dance::thumbs:

K1

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

Congratulations!!!! Seeing so many approved this week has given me hope!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Gratzies ddkm!! Was worried when we didn't hear from you!!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Here was our day... we got to the embassy about 8.35 for our 9am appointment. As Sally's pics show, there are signs that ask for you to get your appointment letter and passports ready, and also to get any electronic stuff ready to show. The first lady I saw asked for the letter and passports, gave me a clear bag for my mobile to go in, told me to put my watch in my bag and asked me to wait in the 9am queue. There were still a few people in the 8.30 lane to go in, and about 10 people before me in our lane, although I noticed a lot of people were in groups, not all individual applicants. Just before we got to the security check (a white portacabin), another person wanted to see the letter and the passports again, and checked us off a list. In security, I had to hand over my phone and they gave me a number to reclaim it after the interview had finished. My bag was placed through an x-ray machine and we went through the scanner. My daughter set the beepers off, and they asked to check the bottom of her boots, and we were allowed through. We then had to turn right (it's not signposted where to go so I had to ask a very friendly policeman!), walk along the front of the building, turn left and up some stone steps and the reception bit is through the doors. The lady there checked our letter again, gave us some stickers with a number (5009) and asked us to go up the stairs into the waiting area. I noticed that the stickers were timemarked for 9.04am, so it took us about half an hour to get in. There are loads of seats, but it was pretty busy! There were screens everywhere stating how long the queues were, and what place in the queue you were at any time. We were 4th when we go there and we seen about half an hour later. They have different number systems for each type of visa - the non-immigrant visas were all starting 1000 and something, and they were going through really quickly!!!

We were called through to booth 15 first, and were met by a nice English guy. He flicked through a stack of paperwork, and then said he was missing something and would be right back. 5 mins later he came back only to disappear again! A couple of minutes later he returned and asked me if I had any copies of the paperwork I sent to the Embassy? Luckily I had one copy of each of the forms, as it seems they had lost them!!! He said they were there when the file came down this morning, but had vanished... for once I'm glad I was over prepared! He photocopied some of my forms so he had the right number, and then asked me to sign for myself and my daughter. He then asked for our passports, all the additional paperwork including copies of originals, and photos which were scanned in and then stapled to the paperwork. My fingerprints were taken, and he then asked my to go to booth 14 and pay for the visas. For the two of them it cost me £136, with the conversion rate at $1.96 = £1.00. I was then asked to sit down again, and told I would be called back shortly. I was also given a pink sheet of paper that I had to fill out for the courier.

After 20 minutes or so of trying to stop my daughter getting more and more bored, we were called to booth 16 where there was a grumpy lady who I think was in training as there was another lady sat behind her! She gave me my original paperwork back, asked for my fingerprints again, and had a quick scan through the file. She then asked me the following questions:

- where did we meet and when? Internet chatroom 4 years ago

- when did we realise it was more than just friendship? A couple of years ago

- when did we meet for the first time? Last Christmas

- where did we meet? The UK

- how long did he stay? 3 weeks

- have we met since? This Christmas

- why haven't I been to the US to meet him? Because the visa rules might mean I might be sent home lol

- why did I love him? (gave the answer then she kept probing!!!)

- how did I know he was 'the one'? Because I've never met another man like him

- But what do you really like about him? because he has a childish sense of humour and laughs at fart jokes!

- why where we moving to the USA and not him moving to the UK? Because of his job

(Then she asked a load of questions about my daughters father, as he's not on her birth certificate)

- why wasn't he on the birth certificate? He wasn't there when I registered her birth

- does he support me and my daughter? No!

- how often does he see her? Never

- Does he know he has a daughter? Yes

- Do you know where he is? I explained the CSA had tried to trace him and no joy

I then gave her a notarised letter I had that stated I had sole parental responsibility, along with a copy. She turned to her friend and showed her, and the second lady (who was lovely!), just nodded it was ok.

She then said that as long as all the paperwork was ok we were approved! She explained the 6 month from the date of the visa thing, and the 90 days from POE thing and said I was free to leave the Embassy after I paid the courier. The courier costs £15.00 (for 2 visas), plus £10.50 to be there before 10am... and that was it! The worst bit was the second lady - she was asking questions so quickly hardly giving me a chance to answer, and I swear she didn't blink once lol. I was so nervous that when she that we were approved (pending paperwork) I didn't hear her and had to ask if we'd passed! She sighed, and then repeated what she's just said :blush:

So that was my day... I'm absolutely knackered now and am going to bed as soon as my daughter gets tired enough to let me!!! Lucky for her she slept on the train on the way home - alright for some eh? :blink:

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

Gratzies!! I notice the numbers given all seem to be pretty similar :D That is a lot of questions as well - you think it was mainly because of your daughter? I'm going to add the Qs to my mahoosive list!! Ok - well it's getting there ;)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Congratulations! But what an experience - that's a lot of questions!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.