TungLinh

Interviewed and got the blue slip =(

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

This is my very first post and sadly it has to be of bad news on our behalf. My Fiancee had her interview on Dec. 18, 2007 and unfortunately we got the blue slip. The CO was very nice to her allowing her to answer the interview questions in Vietnamese even though she could speak and reply in English. The only two problems we had was our paperwork had wrong notarizations on it (notarizations from the small rural town area instead of a greater place)as well as there was a discrepancy in an email that I sent to her (travel date and email didnt match up). Dont get me wrong... the dates were fine, it was just that I had a hard time emailing her at first because the email that I started off was the wrong one... so I was sending random emails to the wrong person for over 2 weeks not knowing that she wasnt receiving them... anyways, they specifically told her that she passed her interview but that she needed further paperwork (notarized documents and timeline from which we met as well as any other additional information as proof of relationship but that she would not have to go through with another interview) I have just a couple questions that I hope anyone can help me out as I listed them below. Right now, I'm feeling very sad because of all of this but I am not giving up... I want to make this happen so I will do whatever it takes and however long it takes I will fight this all the way.

Questions listed in no order:

Once you've had your interview, and in my Fiancee's case where they told her that she does not have to come back to interview again because she passed but only needed to correct her documentations and to bring them back to the Consulate within a year, is this actually true? I know that once we've compiled all our documents necessary, we should drop it off in person, which I plan on scheduling time to head out there but does my fiance have to re-interview? If so, thats not that big of a deal but I hadnt seen anyone discuss this hence my question.

Does everyone have to wait 2 weeks after their interview to get their visa? Or do they allow you to come back the next morning for it should we pass after the submission of the corrected documents and blue slip? I am not sure how long of vacation time I am allowed hence I am asking because I have seen random answers to this questions.. but I guess my main question was after you've been given the blue slip and then on the day you submit all your documents to HCM City... granting that there are no more problems, will they issue her the visa soon or do we have to wait a while??

Finally, as far as heading back into HCM City to drop off the requested documents, do I have to set up an appointment??... I read that several people tried to set up an appointment but were denied this... I would like to speak with a general consulate officer if possible or to anyone there of which I could mention my case to them.... how difficult would that be?? Is that possible or do they just want us to drop off the paperwork at the window and wait... if that is the case then, when would we be notified? Would they tell us right at the window?? or would we be called at a later time? Heading to the window to drop off the documents, could we both go together or do they allow her to only hand in the documents? I would like to be there with her to hand in the paperwork in case they had further questions for us.

I am so sorry my post is this long as I have been losing my mind as well as being depressed over this matter. I really, really hate those who try to cheat the system to make fake visas for financial gain right now.... I could not imagine even doing this for a million bucks.... this is one of the most strenuous things that I have ever had to do in my entire life.... Anyways, enough of my whining... I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful posts and to those who will potentially assist me in my plentiful questions that I have listed above. Thanks for being there for me. You guys rock!! Ohh yea... and this site is the BEST SITE ever out there.... very very helpful information. Kudos to whomever started this website!!!

-Tung

Timeline
Once you've had your interview, and in my Fiancee's case where they told her that she does not have to come back to interview again because she passed but only needed to correct her documentations and to bring them back to the Consulate within a year, is this actually true? I know that once we've compiled all our documents necessary, we should drop it off in person, which I plan on scheduling time to head out there but does my fiance have to re-interview? If so, thats not that big of a deal but I hadnt seen anyone discuss this hence my question.

It's exactly what the CO said. They need more documents, then they will make their decision. You wont need another interview unless they ask for it.

Does everyone have to wait 2 weeks after their interview to get their visa? Or do they allow you to come back the next morning for it should we pass after the submission of the corrected documents and blue slip? I am not sure how long of vacation time I am allowed hence I am asking because I have seen random answers to this questions.. but I guess my main question was after you've been given the blue slip and then on the day you submit all your documents to HCM City... granting that there are no more problems, will they issue her the visa soon or do we have to wait a while??

It could be as soon as the next day, but looking at mine and 2 others that have recently passed they are pushing out to 2 weeks. I'm sure this could change at anytime.

I am so sorry my post is this long as I have been losing my mind as well as being depressed over this matter. I really, really hate those who try to cheat the system to make fake visas for financial gain right now.... I could not imagine even doing this for a million bucks.... this is one of the most strenuous things that I have ever had to do in my entire life.... Anyways, enough of my whining... I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful posts and to those who will potentially assist me in my plentiful questions that I have listed above. Thanks for being there for me. You guys rock!! Ohh yea... and this site is the BEST SITE ever out there.... very very helpful information. Kudos to whomever started this website!!!

-Tung

You'll get it in the end, just hang tough and don't let her get depressed!! We'll help you through it :).

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

3-17-09 - Transferred to Cali.

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-04-09 - Had to renew the EAD :(

3-04-09 - Got annoyed at being outside of the processing window

3-04-09 - Called and they confirmed. Will contact me within 45 days.

3-05-09 - Date on the EAD NOA1

3-12-09 - Received a confirmation email that I am outside of the window and will get a decision in 60 days.

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

5-09-09 - Randomly received the renewed EAD Card... w/ wrong A# :(.

Timeline

Tung

Sorry to hear the bad news but it sounds like you just have a little work to do then you will be approved.

I too don't understand about the recent two week wait for a visa after approval. On the HCMC Consulate website, they say the next day after 4pm, the visa will be ready to be picked up. The last few approvals have had to wait but before that, it seems most everyone got it the next day. Like you I can't stay for an extended time in Vietnam so I also want to know for sure.

I would like to know more about the interveiw if you care to share. What interview questions were asked, who the CO's name was, was the CO's Vietnamese or fluent in Vietnamese, do you know why they asked for a timeline from you (several others have been asked as well but why?).

Currently we're waiting for our Packet 3.

I'm sure you'll get everything together and get the pink.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Timeline

It's exactly what the CO said. They need more documents, then they will make their decision. You wont need another interview unless they ask for it.

It could be as soon as the next day, but looking at mine and 2 others that have recently passed they are pushing out to 2 weeks. I'm sure this could change at anytime.

-Tung

You'll get it in the end, just hang tough and don't let her get depressed!! We'll help you through it :).

Hello Neverseen,

Do you know if they will allow me to go directly to the Consulate to hand in the packet and speak to someone there? I wanted to go there directly and make my presence known to them but my fiancee said that they will not allow me in. She also said that they wouldnt allow her father in nor my aunt who were there with her waiting. Is that true? I got a PM from someone telling me to go there directly and go in alone (since only one person can enter) but I am not sure if they will allow me to do that since I am the petitioner. Regarding additional evidence, the only thing I can think of is getting a letter from a US official (Congressman or Senator etc), getting a petition and having my colleagues at work sign it, writing a letter myself to the consulate and attaching it to the packet, also getting a petition from my close relatives and friends. Any other suggestions that could help me would be great. As for their request on the blue slip, they asked me for a timeline (which I have almost completed) and they asked the applicant for a list of relatives living in the US etc etc.. Are they asking her for the list of relatives that she has in the US and other information or are they asking me for that? If they are asking her, then she has none... but if they are asking me, there's too many and they are all scattered living their own lives. I figured that they were asking her since she is the applicant trying to get the visa. Finally as for the time they would issue the visa... I hope that it will be within a week as I do not have that many vacation days. I do keep hearing that some get theirs within a week or even the next day but lately I've been hearing within 2 weeks... I hope and assume that this was just due to the US Holiday time. Anyways, thank you for your help in advance.

Timeline
Tung

Sorry to hear the bad news but it sounds like you just have a little work to do then you will be approved.

I too don't understand about the recent two week wait for a visa after approval. On the HCMC Consulate website, they say the next day after 4pm, the visa will be ready to be picked up. The last few approvals have had to wait but before that, it seems most everyone got it the next day. Like you I can't stay for an extended time in Vietnam so I also want to know for sure.

I would like to know more about the interveiw if you care to share. What interview questions were asked, who the CO's name was, was the CO's Vietnamese or fluent in Vietnamese, do you know why they asked for a timeline from you (several others have been asked as well but why?).

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Hello Peter and Thi,

I am assuming that the recent two week waiting time for the visa after approval is because of the US holiday times. They may be short staffed there during that time. From what my Fiancee told me... her interview wasnt too bad... she got interviewed around 11ish by an African-American woman who told her that she could reply in Vietnamese because the CO understood it and spoke it fluently. They asked her general questions like my birthday, how we knew each other, did we have an engagement ceremony yet, etc etc. They do not give out their names in order to protect themselves; personally I wouldnt either if I was the interviewer. The interview lasted approx 5 - 7 minutes. After that she told my fiancee that she needed to have her papers restamped and that I needed to provide them with additional evidence such as a timeline of our relationship and anything else that we have. That was pretty much it. I've already started the timeline (almost completed actually) and I figured I would head out there after New Years, hoping that they let me through the door to speak to someone. Thanks for your support though!!! Every little thing counts right now!

Timeline

We took the whole family to the consulate (my wife, son, and I) and waited in line, but then the security guard told me that only 1 person can enter. I presented the security guard with the blue paper and he let me in. Once in, I handed the blue paper to the front window woman and was told to wait. About an hour later the woman called me up to turn in my son's birth certificate and passport and then was told to come to window 12 and wait again. 5 hours of waiting later, I got the green slip and was told that no more paperwork is needed and to enjoy my trip in VN. I asked the CO why is this and she basically replied that today was so busy and a lot of the staff members were at a meeting that they needed more time to process our case. She was very polite and told me not to worry since we have a son together already. She told me we could recieve the outcome in a day or a few weeks.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-11-15

case forwarded to HCMC : 2005-12-11

Pack 3: lost in the mail

Pack 3 picked up @ window: 2006-1-20

Pack 3 sent: 2006-2-10

Pack 4 received: 2006-3-23

Interview: 2006-4-13

K3 Interview: 2007-7-6

Timeline

When I was in there about 2 weeks ago, i saw a lot of people having to wait 2 weeks for thier visa, although, i did see some having to wait only 1 week.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-11-15

case forwarded to HCMC : 2005-12-11

Pack 3: lost in the mail

Pack 3 picked up @ window: 2006-1-20

Pack 3 sent: 2006-2-10

Pack 4 received: 2006-3-23

Interview: 2006-4-13

K3 Interview: 2007-7-6

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yeah, my wife passed yesterday. and they told her January 9th. Probably the holidays push it back even more..

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

12/23/2004 Met First time on Christmas Eve (12/24 is Xmas day over there)

03/24/2005 2nd Visit

01/23/2006 Marriage Party

04/24/2006 Officially married and signed papers at Justice Department in HCMC

11/23/2006 I-130 Sent

11/30/2006 Received NOA1 for I-130

12/20/2006 I-129F Sent for K3 Visa

12/28/2006 Received NOA1 for I-130 Sent

01/10/2007 Notice of I-129 being transferred to CSC

01/17/2007 Notice of reciept of I-129 from CSC

04/05/2007 I-129 Approved ! (106 Days)

04/13/2007 Received NOA2

06/08/2007 Wife receives Packet #3

06/10/2007 Packet #3 sent

11/16/2007 Packet #4 recieved

11/28/2007 Medical Exam passed

12/05/2007 Interview Date: failed

12/19/2007 Passed!

Timeline
Tung

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Hello Peter and Thi,

I am assuming that the recent two week waiting time for the visa after approval is because of the US holiday times. They may be short staffed there during that time. From what my Fiancee told me... her interview wasnt too bad... she got interviewed around 11ish by an African-American woman who told her that she could reply in Vietnamese because the CO understood it and spoke it fluently. They asked her general questions like my birthday, how we knew each other, did we have an engagement ceremony yet, etc etc. They do not give out their names in order to protect themselves; personally I wouldnt either if I was the interviewer. The interview lasted approx 5 - 7 minutes. After that she told my fiancee that she needed to have her papers restamped and that I needed to provide them with additional evidence such as a timeline of our relationship and anything else that we have. That was pretty much it. I've already started the timeline (almost completed actually) and I figured I would head out there after New Years, hoping that they let me through the door to speak to someone. Thanks for your support though!!! Every little thing counts right now!

Tunglinh

Thanks for the infor about your interview. I agree I think it's more the holidays but has anyone asked why when they get their pink they have to wait? The offical policy is next day after 4pm.

While I think it's better if Thi can answer in English, it's good to there's a couple of COs that she can feel comfortable about talking Vietnamese to. Now if only gets one of them..... Vietnam isn't America but still not giving out your name at least first name doesn't sound too friendly. The safety issue I can understand. As a tourist, I never felt in any danger on my two trips to Vietnam.

What form are you putting your timeline in? I think I'll have one ready just in case. Thi doesn't have any relatives in the US, she does have an aquaintance or two from Vietnam who have come to the US but she doesn't know where they live in the US only that they came to Florida or San Jose or somethings like that. Once they left there has been no contact with them.

As the petitioner you should be able to ask to see a CO. From what I've read here, getting an appointment isn't possible usually, but being insistant and not leaving until someone talks to you seems to work. It may take hours of patience.....

From what you've said it looks like you'll soon be together.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent??????

Does everyone have to wait 2 weeks after their interview to get their visa?

One of my friends got his blue slip on 11/21.

He came back to the Consulate on 11/26 and they let him in after he had showed them his blue slip.

He got the Pink slip same day but he is still waiting for his visa. He said when he was at the Consulate, he talked to many persons, who also got their visa issuring delayed.

I wish both of you best luck, and I hope you can stay calm, you are so close to an approval now.

Regards!

2007k1

------------------------------

My timeline:

1st time we met: 05-19-2005

2nd time we met: 12-14-2006

I-129F sent: 05-01-2007

NOA1: 05-09-2007

NOA2: 09-29-2007

(145 days from NOA1 to NOA2)

NVC: 11/05/2007

(38 days from NOA2 to NVC)

NVC to Consulate: 12-10-2007

(35 days at NVC)

Consulate received NOA2: 12-12-2007

Consulate sent Package 3: 01-02-2008

Pick up Package 3: 01-28-2008

Consulate received Package 3: 01-28-2008

------------------------------

Timeline

If it becomes a big deal, do yourself a favor...take a week off of work, fly there, go inside the consulate with the paperwork, DEMAND that they read through everything and make a credible decision. The CO's are people too, don't forget that. Almost all of them have Vietnamese girlfriends/fiancee's, they will understand if you compose yourself in a decent manner. And, if all fails, blow it, move to Viet Nam, teach English. Wherever you're from sucks anyways.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.