Our Timeline (because it's too long to fit in my siggy!)
-Marriage Proposal - August 2000
-Meet in person - May 2003 (yes, these two are backwards - we met online!)
- K1 visa, Texas SC. Applied Sep. 2003. Wait patiently...
-Police Check recieved. May 14 2004
-Medical exam May 31 2004
-Visa granted July 13, 2004. Sydney Australia. See timeline for details.
*Nov 4 2004 - Arrival in Florida
*December 19 2004 - OUR WEDDING!
*April 16 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD
*April 23/25 - receipts for AOS/AP/EAD received
*April 25 - checks cashed
*April 29 - biometrics booked (10th June)
* June 10th- Biometrics, Fort Lauderdale
* June 16 - AP/EAD approved online
* June 29 - EAD received
* July 13 AP lost in mail, helpline says call back in 30 days, on 18 July.
* July 13 - letter from ASC - I need refingerprinting
* July 21 - 'lost' AP still lost. Helpline says pay $200 'reissue' fee
* August - Senator's office investigating lost AP
* Sept 14 - repeat fingerprints
* Sept 19 - Case transferred to CSC
* Sept 27 - Case received at CSC, approx 300 days processing time
* Dec 2 2005 - RFE for repeat medical
* Mon Dec 19 - repeat medical appointment - what a nice way to celebrate our anniversary! (and it WAS nice because it was a piece of cake...)
*Sat Dec 31 - RFE mailed (wanted to wait till the Christmas Rush was over before mailing it.)
*6th Jan 2006 - RFE received, case status updated
*19th Jan 2006 - AOS approved :)
*24th Jan 2006 - Welcome to America letter received!
*Thursday January 26 - 2 year Green Card arrives in mail! HOORAY!!!!
STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions
*Official residency start date Jan 11th, 2006
*2year Green Card arrived Thurs Jan 26 '06.
*I751 (lifting conditions) mailed in Monday December 10, 2007.
*Application transferred to VSC.
*NOA1 received December 27, 2007
*Extension letter received December 31, 2007
*Biometrics appointment letter received Jan 18, 2008
*Biometrics appointment, 9am Jan 30 '08
* Total silence for 11 months! No touches, no updates, nothing.
*Greencard approved online December 11, 2008
* Greencard in hand December 15th, 2008!
STAGE FOUR - CITIZENSHIP