bashertdestiny

new year, new rumours

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi All!

I've been reading here for a few months before we start up the k1 visa (gf is in Vietnam.) She heard from a neighbor that k1 visas may take upwards to 1.5-2 years at the minimum. I think its a rumour but I was wondering if anyone heard anything official? BTW, the neighbor said it was a new law taking effect in 2007. The Vietnamesse embassy and USSD don't mention anything about this.

i really doubt it, but i want to check...

thanks so much

Filed: Timeline
:time:

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Hello bashertdestiny,

First of all, welcome and I do hope you find this forum a useful source of information for you. Secondly, tell your fiancee not to listen to her neightbor. They know nothing and most of the time, they just make up stories so they can gossip about. She is Vietnamese and she should knows that :) ... How long it takes for your fiancee to receive her visa depends on many factors such as you guys' background, economic status, relationship history, ect. I have seen cases go as little as a year without any problem to as long as three years with many obstacle. Hope that helps.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline

I've never seen a culture that speads SO MUCH mis-information between themselves as I have seen with the Vietnamese. I wonder if it's intentional. My wife is Vietnamese and the things her friends and family tell HER (never me) is so rarely true.

Filed: Timeline
I've never seen a culture that speads SO MUCH mis-information between themselves as I have seen with the Vietnamese. I wonder if it's intentional. My wife is Vietnamese and the things her friends and family tell HER (never me) is so rarely true.

I think it is the drama aspect of it. I think they get a thrill from the drama...the "OH NO!" factor...The "I just told you some important chit, call me your king/queen of information". I usually sit back and enjoy the show :pop: I find it quite entertaining actually.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

I guess generally it is in the Vietnamese nature to be a news commentator. Everything get spinned, guessed, elaborated, amplified, dramatized, then repeated. So by the time it gets to the third or fourth person, the story becomes a legend. In addition, generally it is very hard for a Vietnamese to keep a secret.

Edited by Tony/Anthea

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I took my wife, then Girlfriend, to Thailand for a holiday.....

The neighbors got wind of our holiday and said....."That foreigner is taking Phuong to Thailand to make her a prostitute to make money"

Another classic example of totally absurd thinking towards foreigners.... :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:time:
hi All!

I've been reading here for a few months before we start up the k1 visa (gf is in Vietnam.)

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

My wife has an aunt living in the US somewhere. When we were getting ready to leave VN, she told my wife's (fiance at the time) family that the US doesn't allow VN fiances to come into America and that I was tricking her (my wife). Anybody have some other rumors they've heard? Let's hear them. They are funny. We can dispell them here.

hi All!

I've been reading here for a few months before we start up the k1 visa (gf is in Vietnam.) She heard from a neighbor that k1 visas may take upwards to 1.5-2 years at the minimum. I think its a rumour but I was wondering if anyone heard anything official? BTW, the neighbor said it was a new law taking effect in 2007. The Vietnamesse embassy and USSD don't mention anything about this.

thanks so much

I heard the same rumor via my fiancee. She echoed what you say but also that K-3 visas would take 5 years. It seems a little too outrageous to be true. I have not seen any credible evidence of this so far. Of course, it is not the style of the HCMC Consulate to convey new policy to the public. They just enact it and leave those effected to twist in the wind. It was this time last year that they enacted the policy of rejecting most joint sponsors.

The only changes I can find on the internet relate to improvements in how the Consulates communicate with other government agencies through an "intranet". Hopefully this will lead to efficiencies and not longer delays.

I took my wife, then Girlfriend, to Thailand for a holiday.....

The neighbors got wind of our holiday and said....."That foreigner is taking Phuong to Thailand to make her a prostitute to make money"

Another classic example of totally absurd thinking towards foreigners.... :)

Wow, this is too harsh for you. This is truly a classic example: it's very typical.

Timeline
hi All!

thanks so much

some one told my fiancee the other day about a new law and it would take her 5 years to come to usa

I heard the same rumor via my fiancee. She echoed what you say but also that K-3 visas would take 5 years. It seems a little too outrageous to be true. I have not seen any credible evidence of this so far. Of course, it is not the style of the HCMC Consulate to convey new policy to the public. They just enact it and leave those effected to twist in the wind. It was this time last year that they enacted the policy of rejecting most joint sponsors.

The only changes I can find on the internet relate to improvements in how the Consulates communicate with other government agencies through an "intranet". Hopefully this will lead to efficiencies and not longer delays.

We (my fiance and i) also hear a lot of rumors. you will learn what to believe and not believe.

as far as time line... We are on our 7th month with this process and we are just waiting for her Interview date.

Advise given to me by the great people on this website: "Stay positive and be patient

it will all work out!"

take care

David and Xuan. (Portland, Or)

Good Times

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.