Huanyen

visit my spouse for a year. will there any problem arised?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am very new to the K3 process. However, I have a strange concern. I hope everyone can help me.

I plan to sponsor my wife* ( we are getting married soon). She lives in Vietnam. I am currently in US.

I plan to go to Vietnam; first to visit her; second to getting married with her; I plan to stay and work there ;and file the K3 forms.

So I will be working and living with her while waiting for her K3 Visa and stuff.

Questions:

1. Am I allowed to stay and work in Vietnam while petitioning for her?

2. If it's allowed, will the process be going to be different in term of waiting times or others? Please list them, if any.

3. Is there any else that I should beware of , in my case?

Thank you very much.

if you will live and work there, try looking into the Direct Consular Filing Option as well. It is quicker than filing in US.

I-130 Timeline

06-28-06 Sent petition to California Service Center

07-21-06 NOA1 Notice date

09-21-06 email received saying NOA2 approved

I-129F Timeline

07-31-06 Sent petition to Chicago

08-18-06 NOA1 Notice date

10-04-06 NOA2 approval

10-16-06 NVC received application

11-03-06 Received Packet3 / Packet4

12-06-06 Interview - Successful

12-08-08 Visa Issued

12-12-06 Visa Received

AOS

12-22-06 Sent petition to Chicago

12-25-06 Petition delivered

12-29-06 NOA1 notice date

01-02-07 Check cashed

01-03-07 NOA1 received by mail

01-04-07 Biometrics Notice Date

01-09-07 Touched

01-10-07 Biometrics Notice received

01-17-07 Biometrics appointment

01-17-07 Touched (Biometrics)

01-20-07 Touched

03-01-07 Touched

03-20-07 Interview Date

03-20-07 Interview successful and AOS approved

EAD

12-22-06 Sent petition to Chicago

12-25-06 Petition delivered

12-29-06 NOA1 notice date

01-02-07 Check cashed

01-03-07 NOA1 received by mail

01-04-07 Biometrics Notice Date

01-09-07 Touched

01-10-07 Biometrics Notice received

01-17-07 Biometrics appointment

01-17-07 Touched (Biometrics)

01-20-07 Touched

03-09-07 Touched

03-15-07 Card Production Ordered

03-17-07 EAD card received

Filed: Other Timeline

how will you show that you can support your wife, if you have no home or job in the US?

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Huanyen,

1. That's up to the Vietmamese government.

Yodrak

I plan to sponsor my wife* ( we are getting married soon). She lives in Vietnam. I am currently in US.

I plan to go to Vietnam; first to visit her; second to getting married with her; I plan to stay and work there ;and file the K3 forms.

So I will be working and living with her while waiting for her K3 Visa and stuff.

Questions:

1. Am I allowed to stay and work in Vietnam while petitioning for her?

If he files for a K3 and goes to be with his wife can't he stay there untill they approve his wifes petition, and once they have an approval he could return home and find a job before the interview date. I did not read any where that people have to have a job for a certain amount of time, just as long as you can prove that you are employed and have a letter from your job stating that you work for them and the salary that you earn. So as long as you prove that you earn over the poverty guidelines and even if you had the job for a few weeks or even a few months then would that be ok for them? If he really wants to be there with her could that be an apotion for him? Just an idea.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: Other Timeline

sure, its an option, but jobs are hard to come by in some areas. Plus he'll have to give up his home and will have to find one before his wife's interview. Without a job, that's difficult to do. Buying or renting, banks or landlords like to see some form of income. The affidavit of support requires not just a job but a definite home for the beneficiary to move to once they're in the US.

Sure, these are all obstacles easily overcome, but they are things that need to be considered. Some consulates are harder on the affidavit requirements than others. A brand new job may or may not be sufficient.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Reba,

I agree that good jobs may be hard to come by in some areas, but McDonalds always has openings.

And what has Huanyen written that indicates he'll have to give up his home and then find a new one? I went to Asia for a 2-year stay and did not give my home in the USA while I was away. Huanyen's circumstances may be such that he can do the same. Or not. He hasn't told us anything that would indicate one way or the other.

Yodrak

sure, its an option, but jobs are hard to come by in some areas. Plus he'll have to give up his home and will have to find one before his wife's interview. Without a job, that's difficult to do. ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.