jonesbro

New Online Interview Scheduling System for Ghana

40 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Timam1 said:

They've been sent an email or package

We have as well, my sister-in-law is doing direct consular filing (DCF) so the NVC is not involved. At this point our process parallels folks with reaffirmed petitions

Edited by jonesbro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just spoke to the NVC  and they said for the  IR-1/CR-1 visa they do NOT schedule online 

that the NVC is still responsible for scheduling. They stated that they receive time slots usually 

once a month the last week of the month and the first week of the following month. So for last

week of October and first week of November they should be scheduling December interviews. Its 

all a waiting game and wish everyone the best of luck! 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, jonesbro said:

Weird, we tried for the first time around 11am. Maybe since you are reaffirmed they gave you priority? You've been waiting ten times longer than we have, you deserve it

lol :)   thanx    try again later - good luck

6 minutes ago, CHRIS&KAN said:

I just spoke to the NVC  and they said for the  IR-1/CR-1 visa they do NOT schedule online 

that the NVC is still responsible for scheduling. They stated that they receive time slots usually 

once a month the last week of the month and the first week of the following month. So for last

week of October and first week of November they should be scheduling December interviews. Its 

all a waiting game and wish everyone the best of luck! 

This is true for most IR-1/CR-1 visas. The exceptions that I am aware of are reaffirmed petitions, DCFs, and certain expedited petitions. The interviews for these particular IR-1/CR-1 visas were scheduled in person at the embassy until about a month ago when they started the process of moving to an online scheduling system. Yesterday they rolled out the new online system. Ultimately this thread is relevant to a pretty small fraction of VJ users

Timeline

Jonesbro thank you because I was confused when I seen all this online and needed to know if there was 

something I was missing and needed to do to actually schedule an interview date.

• 9 months later...
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 11:44 AM, jonesbro said:

So, my brother and sister-in-law picked up a packet yesterday and it directed them to go to ustraveldocs, but the website is not actually set up to schedule immigrant visas. I went in through the non-immigrant visa side and found that there aren't any available interview dates anyway...I guess this process is about taking minuscule steps between long waits. 

On 10/19/2017 at 2:28 PM, dmh59 said:

we scheduled ours about 4pm USA eastern time there were 4 available spots on the 1st and there were 5 available spots on the 8th.

Please how long did it take the Embassy to contact you after receiving your reaffirmed petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.