CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, XL2017 said:

We have similar dates ours was received 12/04/17 at the NBC still nothing. Very frustrated. 

It helps to keep in touch with other people with similar dates. I have done some case searches on the app and do see some June activity. However, I am not sure if it is for only people at Nebraska or if their cases are still at NBC. I do see an increase of RFE's and decision notices which  makes me so nervous!

Our 601A:

Received 19 June 2017 at NBC

Did 2 online inquiries in Jan and Mar

Contacted congressman 2nd week of May after seeing multiple June waivers transferred and approved last week of April on FB groups.

Transferred to Nebraska 15 May 2018 (NBC no longer prossessing 601a's)

RFE notice 16 May 2018.

RFE received today, 22 June 2018.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nena13 said:

@Mansini77Hello how did you obtain your police clearance 

Copy and paste job from the I601a Mexico 2018 processing times thread...

On 7/24/2018 at 11:21 PM, Mansini77 said:

Once we acquired the power of attorney and some paperwork from the Mexican Consulate, we used UPS to two day ship to Zacatecas.  Once he received the paperwork needed, he went to the police station and paid a fee and had it in hand that day.  The Mexican Consulate here told us it would be 80 pesos, but you know how things go in Mexico...they said down there it cost 200 pesos....whatever.  What are you gonna do?  Pay their fee, or don't get the paper at all.  Anyways, he then went to a local DHL courier and had it mailed back to us in three days.  So the process took a week.  It all really depends on how motivated your relative you give power of attorney to.  

12 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Copy and paste job from the I601a Mexico 2018 processing times thread...

On 7/24/2018 at 11:21 PM, Mansini77 said:

Once we acquired the power of attorney and some paperwork from the Mexican Consulate, we used UPS to two day ship to Zacatecas.  Once he received the paperwork needed, he went to the police station and paid a fee and had it in hand that day.  The Mexican Consulate here told us it would be 80 pesos, but you know how things go in Mexico...they said down there it cost 200 pesos....whatever.  What are you gonna do?  Pay their fee, or don't get the paper at all.  Anyways, he then went to a local DHL courier and had it mailed back to us in three days.  So the process took a week.  It all really depends on how motivated your relative you give power of attorney to.  

Ok thank you I’ll be in Juarez in 2 wks so I’ll go in person since i will be there 1 wk prior to my interview! Im so nervous if i forget anything 😫

Timeline
11 hours ago, Nena13 said:

Ok thank you I’ll be in Juarez in 2 wks so I’ll go in person since i will be there 1 wk prior to my interview! Im so nervous if i forget anything 😫

Exciting!  Well, since you'll be there in person, no need to do all that "power of attorney" nonsense and just get it yourself.  I've heard of some people doing it this way, by traveling to Mexico and getting the certificate in person.  Did the NVC schedule your interview without the certificate and tell you to bring it to the interview?  The NVC wouldn't schedule our interview until we received it.  I take it you already scheduled your ASC and medical exam, yeah?

It is a stressful time, but it goes by fairly quickly and easy as long as you have all your documents in order.  

8 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Exciting!  Well, since you'll be there in person, no need to do all that "power of attorney" nonsense and just get it yourself.  I've heard of some people doing it this way, by traveling to Mexico and getting the certificate in person.  Did the NVC schedule your interview without the certificate and tell you to bring it to the interview?  The NVC wouldn't schedule our interview until we received it.  I take it you already scheduled your ASC and medical exam, yeah?

It is a stressful time, but it goes by fairly quickly and easy as long as you have all your documents in order.  

They didn’t ask for it but I just want to have. It in case because you never know. I don’t want to give them any reason to reschedule me😫 yes i have scheduled those as well. Im prettu nervous getting everything together. I know it says on the birth certificates you need them translated to English if its in any other language than English and Spanish correct? My husband is in Spanish(puertorico) and mine is in Spanish as well. So I’m guessing those are not required to be translated since they are spanish.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Nena13 said:

They didn’t ask for it but I just want to have. It in case because you never know. I don’t want to give them any reason to reschedule me😫 yes i have scheduled those as well. Im prettu nervous getting everything together. I know it says on the birth certificates you need them translated to English if its in any other language than English and Spanish correct? My husband is in Spanish(puertorico) and mine is in Spanish as well. So I’m guessing those are not required to be translated since they are spanish.

Are you from Chihuahua?  One reason why maybe NVC scheduled your interview without the certificate but asked you to bring it to the interview is because Juarez is in that state and probably easy to get directly there.

I wouldn't worry about the translations too much.  All interviewing officers at the Consulate are bilingual.  They speak both English and Spanish.

2 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Are you from Chihuahua?  One reason why maybe NVC scheduled your interview without the certificate but asked you to bring it to the interview is because Juarez is in that state and probably easy to get directly there.

I wouldn't worry about the translations too much.  All interviewing officers at the Consulate are bilingual.  They speak both English and Spanish.

No i am from Coahuila. But I came into the states when I was 3. I just want to make sure I have it. I’ve read some people have been asked for it even if they are in the same situation as me.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, Nena13 said:

No i am from Coahuila. But I came into the states when I was 3. I just want to make sure I have it. I’ve read some people have been asked for it even if they are in the same situation as me.

How long did it take you to get an appointment? 

5 hours ago, Oro 01 said:

5 hours ago, Oro 01 said:

I started my i601a in November 2017 but i was required more information in april2018 and by may 10 i was approved. I got my interview in notice on July 6th. I had my Ds260 done before. Applying for my i601a

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nena13 said:

I started my i601a in November 2017 but i was required more information in april2018 and by may 10 i was approved. I got my interview in notice on July 6th. I had my Ds260 done before. Applying for my i601a

Got it. I just received a letter on june 21 saying that my file is complete, and I'm just waiting for an appointment, but I filled my ds260 after my i601a was approved. 

Timeline
Just now, Oro 01 said:

Got it. I just received a letter on june 21 saying that my file is complete, and I'm just waiting for an appointment, but I filled my ds260 after my i601a was approved. 

Did you make hotel reservations?  There's a you tube video of a girl that didn't have reservations and struggled to find where to stay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.