Hector J Morales

Gay Couple from New York and Cuba

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello, let me start with our story.  We are a gay couple, we met on my trip to Cuba in December 2016, introduced by friends.  We got engaged on July 29, 2017.  We have all the necessary documents required by USCIS (my trips from 2016 and 2017, phone bills, lots of communication via MSN, IMO video chat, emails, lots of photos from each trip including our engagement.  I have copies of my boarding passes, visa, passport with stamped pages, witness letter about out bona fide relationship, copies of Western Union receipts of my financial support, etc.  I have a few questions about the I-129F (k-1) application.  

Back in 1998, I filed for a K-1 and it was approved and marry in March of 1999.  I currently divorced.  The issue is that I can't remember my first I-129F filing date, will the petition be rejected if I put UNKNOWN, as I have no idea on the exact day? 

The other questions when I when to court to get a copy of my divorce papers I was provided with 3 pages document (Judgement of Divorce) and on the 2nd page shows lines such as: 

• Ordered and adjudged there are no orders from other courts to be continued, and it is further
  • Ordered and adjudged that there is no award of maintenance and it is further
  • Ordered and adjudged that the plaintiff be allowed to resume the use of previous last name _____ and it is further
  • Ordered and adjudged that the defendant shall be served with a copy of this judgment, with notice of entry, by the plaintiff, within 20 days of such entry
Filed: June 10, 2002

Would this divorce document be sufficient or do I need to request the Divorce Decree?  The marriage was never consumed nor we ever had any properties, child, bank accounts, nothing to disclose.

Also, I noticed that my SSN on the divorce document has 1 incorrect digit.  I was informed at the court that it does not invalidate my divorce.  I have my original SSN card which matches all my tax returns.  Would this be an issue and get my petition rejected?

I am worried due to my fiance is from Cuba and don't know for how long the US embassy will remain open.  Can any one help?   Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.