Akuaduk2

Visa pickup

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My visa status states issued on Feb 3rd my fiancee went there today feb 16th and was told its not at the DHL office, do u get an email stating its ready or you just have to keep going back and forth to check, any suggestions or experience will be appreciated 

Timeline

My fiancee keep going to DHL and I have been calling the call center line but to no avail. The person i spoke to at the call center said the embassy will email us about pick up but I think thats not true. DHL agent says she has to check with them every day. I have emailed the embassy several time but no reply yet. 

Edited by akns
s

Timeline

They tell you the embassy will email when the visa is ready for pick up i dont think its true either, so was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how you would know if your passport is ready for pick up, thanks

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aristotle456 said:

@Akuaduk2 have you received your visa? and when was your interview date?

No, interview was feb 2nd, i called the embassy on thursday feb 16th , they apparently tagged my file as a no show for the interview, i have called a couple of times and was told it was systems error, on thursday i was told that they had sent an email to the department that handles that but have not received a reply yet so to give them 24 to 48 hours so they will check to see whats going on, its really fustrating since they took his passport and gave him the blue slip, our status have been issued since feb 3rd, so he will go to dhl on tuesday to check then to the embassy if its not at dhl hopefully it will be at dhl, is there a way to contact dhl to se if its there? Thanks

@Akuaduk2  can you please give me the number for the embassy ?   I have called several times but they will tell you to rather email them. so if you could give me their number I will appreciate it.

Timeline

233505885956, 23324328351 thats the embassy number sometimes u have to call several times, ibrealised its easier for u to get a response when u call around 10am here that will be 3pm ghana time gud luck

Timeline

@aristotle456 does dhl staff actually tell u if your passport is there, cos i called once and was told they couldn't tell me anything over the phone

On 2/16/2017 at 9:26 AM, akns said:

1 minute ago, Akuaduk2 said:
1 minute ago, Akuaduk2 said:

@aristotle456 does dhl staff actually tell u if your passport is there, cos i called once and was told they couldn't tell me anything over the phone

I haven't called them myself .  but someone said he did and they told him it was ready. so you just have to keep bothering them.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Akuaduk2 said:

No, interview was feb 2nd, i called the embassy on thursday feb 16th , they apparently tagged my file as a no show for the interview, i have called a couple of times and was told it was systems error, on thursday i was told that they had sent an email to the department that handles that but have not received a reply yet so to give them 24 to 48 hours so they will check to see whats going on, its really fustrating since they took his passport and gave him the blue slip, our status have been issued since feb 3rd, so he will go to dhl on tuesday to check then to the embassy if its not at dhl hopefully it will be at dhl, is there a way to contact dhl to se if its there? Thanks

My fiance went to dhl and the passport was there, we thank the Lord for all he has done and continues to do, to anyone out there going through the wait times like we did please pray and call upon your God cos what hes written will surely come to pass, good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.