Deontrae Bradley

About the Joint Sponsor's Part on the i-864 form

4 posts in this topic

Hey me & my wife are almost done with this whole visa process. We are just stuck on 1 thing & thats the Joint Sponsor part. Im using my dad as a Joint Sponsor but on the i-864 form which parts does he has to fill out & what other information does he needs to provide such as w2 forms, pay stubs & ect. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

As the petitioner, you will file an I-864.

As the Joint Sponsor, your dad files his own I-864.  What he needs to supply depends on his income and type of income.  A complete tax return with all documents sent to the IRS; it's not just the 1040.

And what do you mean by "its not just the 1040?" And if we only have a few days to complete the process how do you suggest that my father should send all of this information in time? Me & my wife are living in Italy because she's Italian so this "long distance/Joint sponsor" thing is hard for us you know? So which way do you think would be fast enough to complete this process in time?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

A complete tax return is required.  Many people erroneously thinks that the 1040 alone is a complete tax return.  It's not.  A complete tax return is the 1040 and every document that was sent in with the 1040.  This may include W-2s, 1099s, Schedule C, etc.

Have the JS scan the documents and email them to you.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.