Jump to content

I 864 taxes married filing together

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello my question is I'm on pending citizenship case I'm planning to help my mom when I became US citizen but my question is me and my husband made the income taxes married filling together last year I work but only made 8,000 my husband made so much more so can I put the total income as we put in the income tax o I need to put just my income please help thanks 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) So, after you become a citizen you are going to try to sponsor your mom to come to the United States?

2) You want to know on the I-864 for sponsorship if you put $8,000 (your income) or total income for you and your husband?


Obviously you don't have enough income yourself to sponsor your mom so I am guessing your husband will have to file a joint sponsor I-864. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.