Jump to content

Which address do I have to use in each form I-485, I-864, I-693, I-131, I-130?? US address or foreign?.

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


My husband and I are filing for I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693, I-765 and I-131.

I am french, and I married my US citizen husband while I am here as a visitor. So I am currently in the US living in my husband's house. And we are now doing all this paperwork. We have a question about when this forms are asking me for my address, because I am not sure if I have to write my french address or my address now in the US where I live with my husband


Can you help me?

I-130 (petition of alien relative)
1. In "Part C: information about your relative. Item 2 and 3": my french address, right?
2. In "Part C: item 18": my US address obviously, right?
3. G-325A about me attached to I-130: french or US address???

I-485 (adjustment of status)
4. In "Part1: Information about you": french or US address?? (I thought it was french address, but then I read that they will use this address to mail you post... so, the US address?) . //
5. G-325A about me attached to I-485: french or US address???


I-765 (employment authorization):
6. in this case, it specifically ask for US address, so: US address.


I-131 (travel):
7. In "Part 1. Physical address": US address, right?


I-864 (affidavit support):
8. In "Part 2. information about the principal immigrant": french or US address?.


I-693 (medical examination):
9. In "Part1: information about you": french or US address??


Thank you very much in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

By sending these forms, you are effectively acknowledging that you have abandoned your french home and taken up residence in the US. Use your US address unless they specifically ask for your last address abroad (g325a).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. so do I even put my US address in the form I-130 (petition of relative)?

I came here with an ESTA thanks to the Visa Waiver Program. My I-94 has not expired yet, so my status now is "visitor" if I am not wrong, right?
And if I also use the US address as my present address in the G-325A. from which date I write??? :

1. from the date I got here as a visitor?

2. from the day I got married?

3. from the day I am sending all the forms to usccis?

4. from the day that my I-94 will expire?


Edited by Lats

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You plan to continue residing in the US, right? You do not plan to return to your foreign address, so it is abandoned and irrelevant. I would put the date when you first moved into the US address, whenever that was. It's not an exact science.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.