3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Best wishes for 2017.

I have a couple questions and hopefully I can get some input from other people who went through the same process.

Yesterday i had a conversation about whether it is required to submit pay stubs of my husbands job or not. My conversation partner was convinced that it isn't required unless the UCSIC specifically asks for it. Her opinion was that it is sufficient enough to submit the tax returns of previous years that shows that he is has sufficient financial income. I am kind of confused now, since I read on this site that everyone submits pay stubs. he just started his new job three weeks ago and he is working 100% commission based. He is making good money so we aren't worried that he is not making enough, we can't prove it at this moment since commission get paid next month. Joint sponsor isn't an option at this moment.

So what we are planning to do is wait till January 23 and file our taxes for last year. This also shows co-mingling since me and the kids are his dependents. And send the I-864 with tax returns forms of 2014, 2015, 2016. Would this be enough?

But if pay stubs are a requirement than we probably have to wait a couple months longer, which I really don't  want since i can't travel to my country either.

Second question is: my husband files for me and my kids. I got confused by the following question:

Part 3. Information about the immigrants you are sponsoring:

"2. I am sponsoring the following family members, immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in part 2. ( Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition)"

I have no idea whether to include their information on the I-864 for me or not...I assume I have to fill out three I-864 forms for three people?

But it also seems that i have to put their names on my form. So confusing....

Also we found it very difficult to add a second name on utility accounts. I have utilities on my name ( electricity and internet) and he has the mortgage, cellphones and water on his name. they only can add one account holder. How did you guys solved this issue?

We both added each other to our saving and checking accounts. He is listed as the father at the kids school and he authorized me to receive and ask information about his VA account. I wonder if we can use this as evidence of co-mingling?

If someone can help me out I would be so thankful!

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

hallo from a fellow Dutchie :)

I don't have expertise on filing with kids, but I think you'd include their names under '2'. However, just a few questions to clarify:

- is he the father? If so, they should be American citizens, no?

- how old are the kids? That influences the fee you have to pay for them (under 14 is cheaper - not cheap though...)

- you list that you filed for F-1. I assume that's the visa you came in under? And that you are now filing for AOS (i-485)?

- was he already in the picture before you came to the US? That may complicate your procedure, although not necessarily.

Filling in your timeline could give us a better idea of how to help you best.

As for bills, I think you have the right solution: a few in your name, a few in his name. This is just to prove that you are actually living together and have co-mingled resources. I don't think you'd have a problem showing co-mingled lives based on the info you provided.

we did submit paystubs to prove my husband has a steady job. He also included a "verification of employment" letter from his company stating how much he makes per year. We only included one tax return. But given the fact that he works on commission, it's probably prudent to add more tax returns to show his income is consistent. If you can wait until he gets a payment, that could help.

Succes!

Edited by DrEllaNJ

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DrEllaNJ said:

hallo from a fellow Dutchie :)

I don't have expertise on filing with kids, but I think you'd include their names under '2'. However, just a few questions to clarify:

- is he the father? If so, they should be American citizens, no?

- you list that you filed for F-1. I assume that's the visa you came in under? And that you are now filing for AOS (i-485)?

- was he already in the picture before you came to the US? That may complicate your procedure, although not necessarily.

Filling in your timeline could give us a better idea of how to help you best.

As for bills, I think you have the right solution: a few in your name, a few in his name. This is just to prove that you are actually living together and have co-mingled resources. I don't think you'd have a problem showing co-mingled lives based on the info you provided.

we did submit paystubs to prove my husband has a steady job. He also included a "verification of employment" letter from his company stating how much he makes per year. We only included one tax return. But given the fact that he works on commission, it's probably prudent to add more tax returns to show his income is consistent. If you can wait until he gets a payment, that could help.

Succes!

Hey fellow Dutchie :-)

I'm still figuring out how to fill out the timeline, i'm sorry if its confusing. But yes, i'm adjusting from F-1.

As far as filling out the I-864; I included them on part 3 ( part 2 I can only add the principal immigrant)  and then got thrown off by this:   Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition)

He is not their biological father so they aren't US citizens, they were born in the Netherlands and have Dutch nationality. I met my now husband last year, a year after we came to America and I actually planned to go back to the Netherlands this year. But he changed my mind :-)

We probably will wait till he gets his pay-stubs of this month and last month, but i wasn't sure whether it is a requirement to send pay stubs or just wait till they ask for it. 

Dank !  Thanks

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.