Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi friends,

I got 3 year visa stamp (CR/1) on my passport. In 3 vks I got my SSN. 5 vks after entry, I had to return to Sri Lanka to finalize some official matters at office about my resigning from work. 2 days after I left US, my hubby got my GC. And I have a copy of it. Kindly advise me;

(1) should he post the GC to Sri Lanka?

(2) If he won't post it, will it be a problem for me to re_enter US?

(3) If he will bring my original GC to the airport, (when he comes to pick me) will that be any help?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your CR1 visa upon endorsement serves as a 1 year green card. You can use this in your first year as an LPR to enter the US. As long as it's valid, you do not need your physical green card to enter the US.

1. Bad idea. You do not need it, so no reason to risk getting it lost in the mail.

2. No.

3. He can bring it. Since he can't reach you before you enter the customs area, it will be of little use.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.