jonnydi

NOA 2 to receiving case number (London)

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, stevecov said:

Is this the form you used to email them https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv_contact_form/ ?

If so it looks like they've removed any option enabling you to ask for your case number!

I followed the link given on the NOA2 letter, which presumably is the same as your link above. Looks like they might have changed it and removed a few options since I got in touch with them - I think we selected something like 'other query'. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, stevecov said:

Is this the form you used to email them https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv_contact_form/ ?

If so it looks like they've removed any option enabling you to ask for your case number!

Yes. Incidentally, I've heard that all the Feb appointments are now gone, so you and I will be unlikely to be entering with a visa before April if that's true.

Edited by Cam73

21 hours ago, Cam73 said:

Yes. Incidentally, I've heard that all the Feb appointments are now gone, so you and I will be unlikely to be entering with a visa before April if that's true.

Cam, where did you hear that all Feb appointments are gone? I still haven't heard back for a case number, this is so frustrating. :(

10 minutes ago, Bello said:

Cam, where did you hear that all Feb appointments are gone? I still haven't heard back for a case number, this is so frustrating. :(

This makes no sense based on all the other processing times I've been seeing, it's almost as if they have just suddenly stopped assigning case numbers...

I feel your frustration...the not knowing what is going on is killing us!

5 minutes ago, stevecov said:

This makes no sense based on all the other processing times I've been seeing, it's almost as if they have just suddenly stopped assigning case numbers...

I feel your frustration...the not knowing what is going on is killing us!

I know they assigned case numbers January 5th, 10th, and 12th, but only a total of 8 numbers have been assigned. Before that the last time the assigned numbers was back on Dec. 15th (11 cases assigned in one day). My husband and I are guessing that people were away on holiday, or they are short staffed, so we are hoping to hear something next week. Either way the wait is so dreadful, we have been separated for 5 weeks now and its looks to be another month :/ 

48 minutes ago, Bello said:

Either way the wait is so dreadful, we have been separated for 5 weeks now and its looks to be another month :/ 

I'd love it if it's only another month - I've been alone for 12 weeks and I'm guessing another 10. 

3 minutes ago, Cam73 said:

I'd love it if it's only another month - I've been alone for 12 weeks and I'm guessing another 10. 

Cam where did you hear about the Feb Appointments?

Just now, Cam73 said:

One of the many forums I read. How do you know about the dates of issuing case numbers?

I read on a forum how they assign your case number. I have been guessing case numbers every day hoping to unlock something. haha

Our case number came in! It looks like it was assigned on January 11, but we didn't receive it until now since my husband lives in Northern Ireland and postage takes a while. But it finally came in!

17 minutes ago, Bello said:

Our case number came in! It looks like it was assigned on January 11, but we didn't receive it until now since my husband lives in Northern Ireland and postage takes a while. But it finally came in!

Great news, it's good to hear they are getting through them.

Let us know how the interview schedule looks when you get ton that stage!

Medical booked for this Saturday! When my husband called, the lady was quick to give him an appointment next Wednesday, but he quickly asked if there was anything sooner and she said first thing Saturday morning. So definitely ask for a sooner date, the worse that could happen is they say nothing is available.

We also checked out the calendar for available dates for the interview (we didn't book anything yet) and the soonest date was for Feb. 24th. So there is at least a rough estimate for how long we should be waiting. We are hoping someone cancels in the upcoming days haha.

20 minutes ago, Bello said:

Medical booked for this Saturday! When my husband called, the lady was quick to give him an appointment next Wednesday, but he quickly asked if there was anything sooner and she said first thing Saturday morning. So definitely ask for a sooner date, the worse that could happen is they say nothing is available.

We also checked out the calendar for available dates for the interview (we didn't book anything yet) and the soonest date was for Feb. 24th. So there is at least a rough estimate for how long we should be waiting. We are hoping someone cancels in the upcoming days haha.

Thanks for letting me know, good to get an idea of how long we might be waiting for interview. 

I have my fingers crossed for my case number this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.