1 post in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

I am an intending immigrant petitioned by my LPR wife.

As of current process of my case, we have paid both fees including IV application fee to NVC. I have completed online DS260 form and got the confirmation of submission of same. I have gathered all the civil documents as supporting docs. Now the next stage is to collect the financial documents from my wife. I have gone through the process of filling AOS form I-864/I-864A and checked the latest minimum poverty guidelines too.

My condition and prime query regarding filling AOS is explained below:

Current Financial Condition of my wife and her family:

• My wife lives with her Father, Mother, younger brother (Less than 18 yrs age) and Elder sister (27yrs age).
  • My Father-In-law has two dependents on him, his son (my brother-in-law) and his wife (my mother-in-law).
  • My wife has been working for past 3 years and her average annual income is around $12000. Recently she visited India and lost her job, so presently she is unemployed.
  • My father-in-law is unemployed for past 3 months and his annual income is around $13000 for last 3 years.
  • My Sister-in-law is not dependent on my father-in-law and her annual income is around $14000 for last 3 years.

Queries:

1. What is the minimum income my wife need to show for eligible sponsor?
  2. Can she use my father-in-law and sister-in-law's annual income to be added as Household member sponsor using I-864A?
  3. As my father-in-laws income is not enough as per the poverty guidelines, can his income still be used to add into my wife's income to overcome the shortfall of minimum income requirement for sponsor.
  4. From the figures stated above, Can someone pl calculate and represent the amounts form my wife, father-in-law and sister-in-law's salary.?

I would really appreciate a prompt response to this thread and have lot of faith in all supportive members of VJ.

Regards,

Divyesh Maisuria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.