kaczkl25

Very confused - possible false checklist? Advice please

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone,

This is going to be long, but I really need your help!

I received an email today that said:

"We reviewed the Affidavit of Support documentation you sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). According to the current poverty guidelines, it does not appear you or any of your sponsors meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. To avoid delays, you may have an additional sponsor complete an Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and provide it to the intending immigrant to submit at their interview. At that time, a consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement."

My joint sponsor was $5,000 short on income, but made up way more than x5 with assets.

I then called the NVC and the woman I spoke to told me she does not have record of that email I received today, but she does have record of an email sent today that says my husband just needs to present my 2014 tax return at the interview. She stated that my joint sponsor's information was fine and that I do not need another joint sponsor.

She informed me that my case was complete as of August 4th and that the interview scheduling process should happen soon. I have not yet received a case complete email.

Based on all of this information I went from devastated (because I may not be able to find another joint sponsor) to highly confused because of the conflicting information (email vs. her information).

Could someone please let me know what to make of this situation, as I am very confused, and calling only made me more confused.

Do you think I should do my best to try to find another joint sponsor and have their I-864 on standby at my husband's interview, or should I believe the woman and not find another joint sponsor?

Thanks in advance

Edited by kaczkl25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.