Dantrolene

Reviewing a case with poor intial evidence...Help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, a case presented with B1B2 visa applying for changing of status in the US through marriage.

We don't have a lot of evidence, simply because we first time know each other was only 3 months ago when my spouse rented me a room in her own house. We both lived together and still living in the house and eventually we decided to get married and it was fast because of religion background and legitimate reasons. It's the contrast and diversity that made things beautiful. However, we are at two different level of religion, age, family, finances. But again the contrast make things are going and working so well.

All evidence we have together so far is a family mobile bill, wedding ceremony and family gathering pics, and Bank of America document that states the same house address.

It seems like these aforementioned things are not enough evidences. But we are thinking of creating a joint bank account if we received a RFE notification, as kind of a respond back. Also affidavit from third party is an option we are thinking about when we receive a RFE.

Any inputs or advises are most appreciated ?!

After reading cases on VJ for about 18 months, I think the most important part of immigrating (assuming you are not trying to defraud the gov't) is having a sponsor with enough money/assets to financially support the immigrate. I think things we think of as "red flags" are not so important.

Gather the evidence you have and submit it. A lot of people will turn their noses up at letters from friends and family, but if you have them turn them in. Did you get some wedding cards addressed to both of you? Any other mail with both names on it? Do you have any photos of you together on vacation or having a fun day? Be sure to write a short summary of your relationship...explaining how you met, etc.

Good luck

After reading cases on VJ for about 18 months, I think the most important part of immigrating (assuming you are not trying to defraud the gov't) is having a sponsor with enough money/assets to financially support the immigrate. I think things we think of as "red flags" are not so important.

Gather the evidence you have and submit it. A lot of people will turn their noses up at letters from friends and family, but if you have them turn them in. Did you get some wedding cards addressed to both of you? Any other mail with both names on it? Do you have any photos of you together on vacation or having a fun day? Be sure to write a short summary of your relationship...explaining how you met, etc.

Good luck

Thank you for your inputs Moustafa. Appreciate your relieving advises.

we don't have a problem with the sponsor. My spouse is getting paid pretty well. The point is the poor evidence of marriage because we decided to get married as soon as possible because you know a religious background and so forth. Yes we have wedding card from my spouse's family, photos together in sightseeing places and family gathering. We also have phone family plan together. Unfortunately, we don't have any mail or something states our both names on it. I only receive a monthly mail from Bank of America to the same address to my spouse's house. ONE MORE THING you should know, my family in my home country is ABSENT from this occasion due to long distance and logistical things. So no family member from my side is present in any picture or whatsoever. Regarding the affidavit from family and friends, I am thinking of making this as an option just in case if we received a RFE, because seriously don't know how to respond then?

Hope you give me another further review. Thanks!

Sounds like everything is okay. I would not plan for RFE. Send a variety of evidence. Why not have someone mail a greeting card to both of you? I would not be worried about your family not being there. It is what it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.