92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratls,

Everything went well. Just a note, that was AOS for my parent, not K1 adjustment. So it could be different experience than for spouses.

Our interview was scheduled for 10am. We were called to the room at 11:50am. We left the office at 12:10pm. My guess they scheduled March 23 appointments for March 24th because the office was closed on March 23 due to snow storm. Therefore, we had such delay to be called.

I was asked whether I will be interpreting for my mom--apparently I should have completed some type of form which I did not. So I did completed the form at the beginning of interview. The officer took an oath and went over questions on the application like date of birth, name, kids, divorced/widowed, any past involvement with drugs, prostitution, political parties etc. Officer asked whether we received SSN, which we did but we did not have the number with us. She said it was ok.

Then the officer stated that no medical exam is needed (bummer because we did one just in case). She stated my affidavit of support was approved and that my mom is approved for Green Card and is considered a permanent resident beginning today even though the green card will be delivered by mail in 2-3 weeks.

We watched other people at the waiting room - mostly couples, all of them left happy. I did not notice anybody be upset. So i guess everybody had good experience.

I have received a txt message confirming the approval of the application while on the way to home.

That's pretty much all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Our case is still showing ready for interview since August last year. I received a letter from the immigration that indicates to make an appointment with info pass. Our case is outside normal processing times, so I was required to meet the local office in Denver to discus about my wife`s case. Good luck everyone.

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

07/07/2015 Application Date

07/14/2015 Receiving Date

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS & EAD

06/29/2015 Package sent ( EAD & AOS)

07/01/2015 Package delivered( Chicago Lock Box)

07/09/2015 Received sms NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP

07/10/2015 Check Cashed

07/15/2015 NOA1 Hard Copies

07/18/2015 Biometrics Letters received

07/30/2015 Biometrics Appointment

08/11/2015 Case ready for an interview

02/03/2016 Having a call to USCIS

03/22/2016 Received a letter from USCIS

04/05/2016 Appointment day for case discussion

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Everything went well. Just a note, that was AOS for my parent, not K1 adjustment. So it could be different experience than for spouses.

Our interview was scheduled for 10am. We were called to the room at 11:50am. We left the office at 12:10pm. My guess they scheduled March 23 appointments for March 24th because the office was closed on March 23 due to snow storm. Therefore, we had such delay to be called.

I was asked whether I will be interpreting for my mom--apparently I should have completed some type of form which I did not. So I did completed the form at the beginning of interview. The officer took an oath and went over questions on the application like date of birth, name, kids, divorced/widowed, any past involvement with drugs, prostitution, political parties etc. Officer asked whether we received SSN, which we did but we did not have the number with us. She said it was ok.

Then the officer stated that no medical exam is needed (bummer because we did one just in case). She stated my affidavit of support was approved and that my mom is approved for Green Card and is considered a permanent resident beginning today even though the green card will be delivered by mail in 2-3 weeks.

We watched other people at the waiting room - mostly couples, all of them left happy. I did not notice anybody be upset. So i guess everybody had good experience.

I have received a txt message confirming the approval of the application while on the way to home.

That's pretty much all.

Congrats :) thanks for sharing your experience! Happy for you and your parent!

Timeline

Our case is still showing ready for interview since August last year. I received a letter from the immigration that indicates to make an appointment with info pass. Our case is outside normal processing times, so I was required to meet the local office in Denver to discus about my wife`s case. Good luck everyone.

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

07/10/2015 Check Cashed

I also made an info pass appointment for April 7th. This office is really bad I don't know how they do their jobs. My priority date is May 4th and I called temperature and went to theiron office and they told me my case is not in outside normal time. It's very frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Gawan,

Any news from the uscis? How was your meeting with them?

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

07/10/2015 Check Cashed

Timeline

I just received a notification that our interview is scheduled for May 11th. (We applied on May 4th, 2015).

It is tomorrow for our appointment with the uscis , and I will let you know for the result.

Timeline

I just received a notification that our interview is scheduled for May 11th. (We applied on May 4th, 2015).

Congratls, it is a good news. it will be the same for us too because we applied on July 1st, 2015.

Timeline

Yesterday, we met with the uscis to discus our case, but we did not get any new information except still in process. The woman told us that our case could take a years or more. we wasted our time to get there for nothing. I think they will send us the interview date for July as we applied on July 1st 2015.

Timeline

I totally understand your frustration, I did go to that office at least 4 times and always had the same answer (I have to wait). I am pretty sure you will hear something from them about your interview date end of May, beginning of June. I will keep you posted when I am done with my interview.

Yesterday, we met with the uscis to discus our case, but we did not get any new information except still in process. The woman told us that our case could take a years or more. we wasted our time to get there for nothing. I think they will send us the interview date for July as we applied on July 1st 2015.

Timeline

I totally understand your frustration, I did go to that office at least 4 times and always had the same answer (I have to wait). I am pretty sure you will hear something from them about your interview date end of May, beginning of June. I will keep you posted when I am done with my interview.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Any updates for the Denver guys still waiting?

I filed on June 14 2015 and waiting to be scheduled for interview since July 9 2015... Any idea when should I be hearing from them?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

You should hear from them first or second week of May. My priority date is May 4th, 2015 and they scheduled my interview for May 11th, 2016. The process is taking exactly a year in Colorado.

Filed: Timeline

You should hear from them first or second week of May. My priority date is May 4th, 2015 and they scheduled my interview for May 11th, 2016. The process is taking exactly a year in Colorado.

Thanks for the reply! Did you renew your EAD before receiving the notice? I just want to know and be on the safe side

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.