-PiLoT-

SSN Timing?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was readint the topic about SSN and when to go get one, it says to wait two weeks.

however upon looking at my i-94a expiration it runs out before that two weeks is up, so how long should i allow?

Additionally is there anything else i need my i-94 for

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

You'll get a new I-94 correlating with your new arrival and k-1 visa status. You'll need to send it in with your AOS packet as well.

Kas and I went to get his the Tuesday or Thursday after he arrived... He got here on a Saturday.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

The two weeks thing comes from when it was a card you filled out on the plane and somebody at homeland security manually entered the data. It allowed time for your entry to get in the database.

It is all paperless and populated by scanning your passport at POE. It should populate the database almost immediately. You retrieve your I-94 online and it will be good for 90 days. Just print it out for anything that requires I-94.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You'll get a new I-94 correlating with your new arrival and k-1 visa status. You'll need to send it in with your AOS packet as well.

Kas and I went to get his the Tuesday or Thursday after he arrived... He got here on a Saturday.

yeah this one ive got is for my new arrival and entry, but yeah ill get my ssn on monday

The two weeks thing comes from when it was a card you filled out on the plane and somebody at homeland security manually entered the data. It allowed time for your entry to get in the database.

It is all paperless and populated by scanning your passport at POE. It should populate the database almost immediately. You retrieve your I-94 online and it will be good for 90 days. Just print it out for anything that requires I-94.

yeah i have my i-94 printout and it matches my entry date and specifies k1 visa. however it doesnt last 90s days the expiration on the top right is 06/30/15, unless its a monthly renewal

yeah this one ive got is for my new arrival and entry, but yeah ill get my ssn on monday

yeah i have my i-94 printout and it matches my entry date and specifies k1 visa. however it doesnt last 90s days the expiration on the top right is 06/30/15, unless its a monthly renewal

It's a mistake if it doesn't last 90 days. And Social Security will not give you a SSN if your I-94 has less than two weeks validity. A K1 basically has a window of 76 days to get a SSN based on the K1 status. (90 days minus 2 weeks). After that, the next status that allows a SSN is work authorization (EAD card).

I wouldn't bother with going to apply Monday at SSA. Sort out your I-94 with CBP. Does it have your correct date of entry? Correct class-K1?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

It's a mistake if it doesn't last 90 days. And Social Security will not give you a SSN if your I-94 has less than two weeks validity. A K1 basically has a window of 76 days to get a SSN based on the K1 status. (90 days minus 2 weeks). After that, the next status that allows a SSN is work authorization (EAD card).

I wouldn't bother with going to apply Monday at SSA. Sort out your I-94 with CBP. Does it have your correct date of entry? Correct class-K1?

http://i.imgur.com/swl33I0.jpg

This is what ive got minus sensitive infio. top right of the form has an expiration date of 30th june

EDIT:

apparently this number im looking at is an expiration for the form itself? its connected to the OMB number not the actual i-94 info. its the admit until date i should be looking at

TL:DR

im a moron

Edited by -PiLoT-

http://i.imgur.com/swl33I0.jpg

This is what ive got minus sensitive infio. top right of the form has an expiration date of 30th june

EDIT:

apparently this number im looking at is an expiration for the form itself? its connected to the OMB number not the actual i-94 info. its the admit until date i should be looking at

TL:DR

im a moron

Yep, you win the moron crown today. Hahahaha

Go get your SSN. Glad we sorted that. I was really puzzled how an automated system could get that wrong. I have known it to happen with the manual data entry.

I have a question for you. Did you come on a round trip ticket?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Yep, you win the moron crown today. Hahahaha

Go get your SSN. Glad we sorted that. I was really puzzled how an automated system could get that wrong. I have known it to happen with the manual data entry.

I have a question for you. Did you come on a round trip ticket?

yeah, but the return journeys have been cancelled by me today, i read that if my name appears on the manifest it could be taken as i went back

yeah, but the return journeys have been cancelled by me today, i read that if my name appears on the manifest it could be taken as i went back

I was going to ask if your return was already populated in your I-94 history. I've been wanting to ask somebody that. Just curious if that was somehow part of the automation. But you are too wise and quick. Take off the moron crown.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I was going to ask if your return was already populated in your I-94 history. I've been wanting to ask somebody that. Just curious if that was somehow part of the automation. But you are too wise and quick. Take off the moron crown.

if ive interpreted you right ur curious if they add the departure pre emptively on the i94 travel history section if you book a round trip ticket

answer is not because they never asked me about the return journey, also all that section shows is my poe, not any exits

if ive interpreted you right ur curious if they add the departure pre emptively on the i94 travel history section if you book a round trip ticket

answer is not because they never asked me about the return journey, also all that section shows is my poe, not any exits

Yes, that's what I was curious about. Nobody enters anything manually supposedly, so it wouldn't matter what the person asked you. So I wondered what populated it. And where does the return date come from that appears in departures history. Especially all those people who had a departure they didn't take. The airlines are tied in somehow and I was just wondering when and how it happens.

The person I remember telling the story about not canceling the flight was kind of a fluke with the airlines and the manual system years ago. It was a very rare occurrence. So suddenly all those people are posting they have a departure record. Just seems odd, like there may be more to the story.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.