SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, I think anywhere war-torn citizens take priority but it still doesn't seem fair to wait three months and still not have an interview date. They should have a maximum wait time but unfortunately they don't and we just keep getting skipped over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Asked them the same question several times and they said no and confirmed that they go by the cc date. From my friend experience compared to mine, it seems that they pick and choose and they don't treat cases fairly and my friend mentioned that the priority date is the key. I am confused. A supervisor one time said that she can't answer such question since she does not know how they schedule cases. She said that they might do it in the order cases get completed or by the country for each case. Amman post seems to be treating Syrians, Iraqis and Yemeni applicants different than local Jordanian applicants unfortunately.

Timeline

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dEhlZjdKczRMRmJrSnc5MTk1SkVrYVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Someone has a case completed around my tim and he got interview date. See above excel sheet.

Timeline

His was completed on June 1st. I am kinda feeling that it is fishy and not accurate. I wish you all luck man. I am sorry to see people suffer.

His was completed on June 1st. I am kinda feeling that it is fishy and not accurate. I wish you all luck man. I am sorry to see people suffer.

Timeline

Also what is strange about Amman post is that they don't post the immigrant visa interview schedule compared to other posts such as the one in Turkey. See link below. This is kinda odd that the post in Jordan does not share such data.

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_iv.html

Timeline

Sam, I would love to see you getting an appointment before the 10th of July. I am not sure if they finished scheduling all August. What is frustrating is what you said which is they would not provide a timeframe. Almost all cases from March/April/May for other posts already finished their actual interview and received or are receiving their visas. I think that NVC and Amman post keep squeezing in those who play victims and we end up being the real victim since they are given our slots.

Edited by jo_member

Timeline

There is still hope, from my last call with NVC, I was told that they are not done with scheduling for August in Amman and they will continue next week.

Regarding not posting the schedule on their site, I did notice that too, even the embassies in India do post the schedule including case numbers and exact times of the interviews.

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.