edba2406

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila (PLEASE HELP)

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Manilaraf.... Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your experienced.... I believe our case are very strong as we submitted all possible requirements for I-130 application.

What other documents will they need moving forward other than the Affidavit of support?

Oh, sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I think you should expect it to take anywhere from 15 months-2 years. I'm also an American citizen with 2 children who are both American citizens, my spouse is from the EU and we've been married for over 9 years, and STILL it's taken us since Oct. 2013 to finally get to the point where my husband will have his interview here in Helsinki on April 9th. And I know it stinks, but since she is from the Phillipines, she might expect a harder/longer time. I'm not racist by any means, but I say this because some of my good, personal friends are from the Phillipines, and the always, sadly, seem to face discrimination just because of where they are from. :( Is there any way to avoid the separation? If you were to stay there? I can't imagine how hard it will be to be apart . . .

I'm guessing you filed via the USCIS lockbox system since USCIS doesn't have an office in Helsinki. Just note that you're replying to someone who's filing DCF with the US Embassy Manila, so the timeline is much more compressed.

The DCF process goes by very quickly. From the day I filed the I-130 directly with USCIS Manila, it took just a day under two months to when my wife had her Passport with her IR-1 visa printed inside.

Good luck with your husband's interview. If you can make it over to Helsinki to be there with him for the interview, it really does help. Godspeed.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Manilaraf.... Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your experienced.... I believe our case are very strong as we submitted all possible requirements for I-130 application.

What other documents will they need moving forward other than the Affidavit of support?

Read through the post that's linked in my signature. It details everything we went through and everything we prepared for the Medical and the Interview.

Once you get approved and get your MNL Case number from the Immigrant Visa Section of USEM (US Embassy Manila), they'll send you an attachment with instructions on how to proceed.

That attachment is publicly available here on the USEM website:

IV Applicant Interview Preparation Instructions (English)

I see you've gone through this via K-1 before, it's very very similar. I suggest getting all the required documents (NBI, Marriage Certificate, CEMAR, etc) ahead of time. If you haven't filed your 2014 1040 returns with the IRS, get them done and filed now since most likely it'll be close enough or beyond Apr 15th so that they'll be asking for that instead of the 2013 1040 to support your AoS come interview time.

Oh, as a DCF filer, you send NOTHING to NVC or the Embassy. Everything goes with you to USEM on interview day.

EDIT: DO NOT fill out the DS-260 until you have the MNL Case number or get a go ahead from IV-Manila!

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

The US Embassy Manila DCF said, it will take up to 6 to 9 months. However, I have read on this site that some have completed the process within a month or more. Trying to find out how I can complete this in a month or two.

That would be the timeline the USCIS officer behind the glass at USEM told me as well, but having checked out other threads regarding DCF via USEM, if you stay active and don't sit back and wait for things to happen, it goes by much quicker.

If I didn't follow up via phone with USCIS-Manila as well as emailed IV-Manila after I found out from USCIS-Manila that we were approved, I'd probably still be waiting for "Packet 3" to arrive.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

I'm guessing you filed via the USCIS lockbox system since USCIS doesn't have an office in Helsinki. Just note that you're replying to someone who's filing DCF with the US Embassy Manila, so the timeline is much more compressed.

The DCF process goes by very quickly. From the day I filed the I-130 directly with USCIS Manila, it took just a day under two months to when my wife had her Passport with her IR-1 visa printed inside.

Good luck with your husband's interview. If you can make it over to Helsinki to be there with him for the interview, it really does help. Godspeed.

Oy, that should read a day under 3 months. I was thinking 2 months and change while I typed that and I guess the 2 got hit instead of 3.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

We came here on April 2013 and didn't work 2013 and 2014. The latest I have is 2012

Hmm, you will need to show income that'll put you over the 125% poverty level for your family size.

(See I-864P here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf)

If you don't have work lined up yet, you might need to get a joint sponsor, preferably a close relative with the income to put you all over the top of the income requirements.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

We came here on April 2013 and didn't work 2013 and 2014. The latest I have is 2012

Oh wow, ok so that's why this happened. As a green card holder, you're not supposed to stay outside the US for more than a year without having a reentry permit. Add to that the fact that the wife's GC expired while you were here:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Timeline

Hmm, you will need to show income that'll put you over the 125% poverty level for your family size.

(See I-864P here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf)

If you don't have work lined up yet, you might need to get a joint sponsor, preferably a close relative with the income to put you all over the top of the income requirements.

With God's Blessing, I recieved a job offer and will be starting on March 23. I make over 6 digits salary and that's over 125% poerty level. I just don't have 2013 and 2014 W2 since I did not work after we left the US.

Timeline

Oh wow, ok so that's why this happened. As a green card holder, you're not supposed to stay outside the US for more than a year without having a reentry permit. Add to that the fact that the wife's GC expired while you were here:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

Yes, she was not supposed to stay here longer than one year but we had no plans to stay here since we came here ONLY to attend a wedding. However, she was almost 5 months pregnant and had complication traveling here in the Philippines. She had contractions and bleeding and doctor advised her to be on bed rest. Could not fly and after the baby was born, it took a year for the US Citizenship to complete for my son.

With God's Blessing, I recieved a job offer and will be starting on March 23. I make over 6 digits salary and that's over 125% poerty level. I just don't have 2013 and 2014 W2 since I did not work after we left the US.

If that's the case:

1) Try to get a letter from HR or someone stating your current pay level and your expected salary for this year. It'll help you prove that you'll exceed the income requirements by a good margin.

2) If you didn't file your IRS 1040, you have to write a letter stating why you didn't file for those years. If you were like me and didn't file because you didn't meet the income requirements for filing ($20,000 when filing married, jointly in our case) you'll just have that letter handy when you submit your I-864 (AoS) come interview time. (Just now saw that you didn't work, so the above still holds true). This letter is actually required if you read through the I-864 instructions.

3) If need be, especially since you won't have the income proof via 1040, you can submit proof of assets (bank accounts, real estate holdings, securities, etc). Again, it's all there when you read the I-864. (And I just realized, you may already have done an I-864 in the past as part of the Adjustment of Status, so don't mind me :) ).

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Yes, she was not supposed to stay here longer than one year but we had no plans to stay here since we came here ONLY to attend a wedding. However, she was almost 5 months pregnant and had complication traveling here in the Philippines. She had contractions and bleeding and doctor advised her to be on bed rest. Could not fly and after the baby was born, it took a year for the US Citizenship to complete for my son.

I'd go back to the hospital and get a Discharge Summary as well as a Medical Certificate from the OB-Gyn. It'll probably help if you run into the inevitable question of why this happened come interview time. And definitely bring all the paperwork involved in doing the CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad)/Citizenship/Passport of your son.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

?? Now this doesn't make sense. Why would I need others to decide if it's rude or not? It was. End of story. I know the queation wasn't asking about my situation, but I was trying to give a basis as to why I suggested it would take so long, and my experience was a case in point. If you people on here who haven't experienced prejudice, then I'm happy for them, truly! I wish it never ever did but it does happen and is something to consider.

Philippines petitions were being expedited as a humanitarian effort due to the typhoons in late 2013. They seem to still be expedited, although no one is completely sure (it certainly appears that they are, if you look at the VJ data). That's what they're talking about with you having it all wrong. Also the OP was asking about direct counselor filing which is much faster than the standard spousal visa petition (which is what you gave timeframes for).

Yes, some countries are harder than others to get US visas from, not sure the Philippines is really stand-out on either end of the spectrum, depending on the visa. I can certainly see how that feels like discrimination (my fiance is in Costa Rica and didn't get a tourist visa to come visit me, I get it), but really it's about meeting the requirements of that visa. Some countries have a large population that can meet the requirements, some don't.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

I filed a I-130 Petition at the US Embassy Manila on March 12, 2015. Does anyone know how we can expedite the process?

Was this done thru the Embassy Outreach Visit, Homeland Security Section at the Azzuro Hotel, across from the Casino Filipino last Thursday? This is considered DCF, which I don't think is any faster.

I submitted two I-130's for my Spouse & Stepson there at that time myself, its been a week and I have not received anything from the USCIS.

Edited by guitarjam

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Was this done thru the Embassy Outreach Visit, Homeland Security Section at the Azzuro Hotel, across from the Casino Filipino last Thursday? This is considered DCF, which I don't think is any faster.

I submitted two I-130's for my Spouse & Stepson there at that time myself, its been a week and I have not received anything from the USCIS.

Call USCIS Manila this week or next and ask for an update or if they've been approved. Don't wait for them to send you anything.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.