Sunflower062093

I forgot to sign additional sheet with address on 1-129f ? will there be a problem?

7 posts in this topic

I just sent out my petition 1-129f for my fiance and I. On the form itself while filling it out I couldn't fit my fiances whole address, so in the box I typed additional sheet and so I included the additional sheet with his address and I did the same for his biographical form. But thing is I didn't sign or date the additional sheet. The only additional sheet I signed and dated was the one regarding the question on how we met. The forms itself are signed and dated though just not the additional sheets with the addresses. Do you think this will be a problem? I feel like it wont...but idk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just sent out my petition 1-129f for my fiance and I. On the form itself while filling it out I couldn't fit my fiances whole address, so in the box I typed additional sheet and so I included the additional sheet with his address and I did the same for his biographical form. But thing is I didn't sign or date the additional sheet. The only additional sheet I signed and dated was the one regarding the question on how we met. The forms itself are signed and dated though just not the additional sheets with the addresses. Do you think this will be a problem? I feel like it wont...but idk

It should not be a problem. Did you indicate that you put the address on a seperate paper?

Thank you! I've been freaking out.

Yes in the box for the address itself I wrote in it additional sheet and I attached the additional sheet in back of 1-129f form. And on the additional sheet I labeled the part and number of the question with the whole address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

No worries hunny. I did the same thing and our application was approved quickly and easily. I had to submit MANY additional sheets because of my husband's name being too long and the addresses in his home country being too long and blah blah blah...I didn't sign or date a single one of them. I never had to submit any additional information or anything like that. It all just went through easy peasy. He's now been here over a year and we are about to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary in March.

Omg its so nice to here that! Ive been so overwhelmed with all this papers ive been working on that petition for 4 months before sending it <3 knowing you guys have been together already over a year makes me so happy! And gives me hope everything will work out with my situation. Congrats btw! <3 My fiance is from england and im from miami fl. Were both 21 and so happy together.Just to ask, how long did it take for you to get the nao2 of approval?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I remember being on here when I was in your shoes and feeling the relief when I read other people's success stories. It's a pleasure to pay it forward. Here is my timeline:

2-15-13 129 USCIS Lockbox acceptance notice

7-16-13 This was when everything was completed. They had sent the NOA1 and NOA2 already at this time and his case was now being transferred to the American Embassy in Jordan.

Then the waiting game for an interview.........

I had to beg, borrow, steal, cheat, lie, and kill ( not people but perhaps brain cells) in order to get my husband his interview. But this is also because of a few things. His embassy has the highest traffic of any American embassy world wide. Also they were just launching a "brand new system and website" which had a million bugs in it and I had to call and scream and cry like a million times a day. It was so crazy dramatic. I think I blocked it out actually. But finally I got him a date...

9-18-13 Interview date. He got an immediate yes and then he had to wait like 5 or 6 days for the ViSA to be physically put into his passport.

9-30-13 In my arms in the glorious US of A!

So I guess the answer to your question is that it took about 5 months total for my NOA2 approval from the time that my case reached the original lockbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.