mztreiz

NCLEX Test in USA

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all!

I will be living in Texas and was wondering if anyone from Philippines also took the NCLEX. My mga requirements pala, yung credential test... ang mahal!!

If anyone can be nice to help me, which credential service do you prefer over IERF or CGFNS? They are both $350... but is one faster then the other?

Also, I'm planning to take NCLEX review... can anyone suggest a good one that they had experience? Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all!I will be living in Texas and was wondering if anyone from Philippines also took the NCLEX. My mga requirements pala, yung credential test... ang mahal!!If anyone can be nice to help me, which credential service do you prefer over IERF or CGFNS? They are both $350... but is one faster then the other?Also, I'm planning to take NCLEX review... can anyone suggest a good one that they had experience? Thanks!!

Hi. I have a few people who advised me that its better to take the NCLEX there in the Philippines as it is the same here in America. My sister's friend who is nurse advised me to tell my fiance to take the NCLEX in the Philippines before coming here if he passed the local board but unfortunately he didnt pass the NLE so he would have to start all over to take the NCLEX here. Check the BON for Texas. I believe they require CGFNS + TOEFL.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! I will be living in Texas and was wondering if anyone from Philippines also took the NCLEX. My mga requirements pala, yung credential test... ang mahal!! If anyone can be nice to help me, which credential service do you prefer over IERF or CGFNS? They are both $350... but is one faster then the other? Also, I'm planning to take NCLEX review... can anyone suggest a good one that they had experience? Thanks!!

I chose CGFNS just because I'm more familiar with it. :) For reviewer, I used Saunders 5th edition.

I suggest you check allnurses.com for forums discussing NCLEX applications in Texas. Also, make sure to read the process and requirements from Texas BON's website.

Good luck! :)

Timeline

Hi. I have a few people who advised me that its better to take the NCLEX there in the Philippines as it is the same here in America. My sister's friend who is nurse advised me to tell my fiance to take the NCLEX in the Philippines before coming here if he passed the local board but unfortunately he didnt pass the NLE so he would have to start all over to take the NCLEX here. Check the BON for Texas. I believe they require CGFNS + TOEFL.

The NCLEX (the exam itself) is the same whether you'll take it in the US or in the Philippines. The difference is that if you'll take it outside the US, you'd have to pay an additional $150 international testing fee on top of the $200 exam fee. :)

Some states require that you pass the licensing exam where you got your nursing degree, some don't. I'm no expert at this so better to just check the requirements of the BON you plan to apply with. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! I will be living in Texas and was wondering if anyone from Philippines also took the NCLEX. My mga requirements pala, yung credential test... ang mahal!! If anyone can be nice to help me, which credential service do you prefer over IERF or CGFNS? They are both $350... but is one faster then the other? Also, I'm planning to take NCLEX review... can anyone suggest a good one that they had experience? Thanks!!

Check the TEXAS requirements. it depends on the states requirements, they are asking IELTS and CGFNS

better to take an exam here in the USA if u have already a SSN easy to apply .

good luck..

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

In IL, they do not require for us to take CGFNS. I used Saunders and Kaplan. Gather as many practice exams as possible so you can practice answering it on your spare time. :)

"You are my favorite reason to lose sleep."

Timeline

Actually from what I understand, he wouldn't have to start all over (that would be awful!!), but just have 1 of the credential evaluation services verify his courses. Also, they told me you dont have to be a local board passer (NLE) to take the NCLEX as long as you get your courses credentialized.

For those who have taken NCLEX in Philippines, where and when is offered? I did a google search but did not find any recent topics regarding this! But it would be much easier to just take it here vs. waiting til I'm with my fiance there! But.... how sure are you that NCLEX passers in Philippines is accepted by the state board of nursing in TX (or any other state in the U.S.)? I would hate to pass it here only to be forced to take it AGAIN over there.

Timeline

Actually from what I understand, he wouldn't have to start all over (that would be awful!!), but just have 1 of the credential evaluation services verify his courses. Also, they told me you dont have to be a local board passer (NLE) to take the NCLEX as long as you get your courses credentialized.

For those who have taken NCLEX in Philippines, where and when is offered? I did a google search but did not find any recent topics regarding this! But it would be much easier to just take it here vs. waiting til I'm with my fiance there! But.... how sure are you that NCLEX passers in Philippines is accepted by the state board of nursing in TX (or any other state in the U.S.)? I would hate to pass it here only to be forced to take it AGAIN over there.

Oh nice to know he doesnt have to start over again. I believe NYC you dont have to be a local board passer (NLE) not to sure though but I know its more strict here in NJ. I had a friend who is a local passer in the Philippines and took her NCLEX also in the Philippines and when she came to visit with her J1 visa she was able to work as RN in the hospital. Confirm with BON of Texas though to be sure. If my fiance had passed the NLE there and took the NCLEX there my tita who works at a nursing home and my sister's friend was gonna get him a job as soon as he got his papers but unfortunately we have to wait until he takes the NCLEX.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Timeline

NCLEX is NCLEX whether you take it in the US or in the Philippines or elsewhere for that matter.

NCLEX is an examination for the licensing of nurses in the US. But it's only a part of the licensing process.

You apply for licensure to the Board of Nursing (BON) in your state of choice. They will check your credentials based on their list of requirements. If they deem you eligible for licensure, you'll be issued an Authorization to Test (ATT). Only then will you be able to sit the exam. Once you pass, the BON will release your license.

The NCLEX is administered by Pearson VUE. So you have to apply with the BON first then register with Pearson VUE. There are steps in between (quite a lot). So I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the licensing process, most especially in your particular state.

You can check the following websites:

allnurses.com

ncsbn.org

pearsonvue.com/nclex

PS

Some really do have to start over and take the whole nursing course or at least part of it. Sad but true.

Timeline

is there anyone here who can tell me the locations that PearsonVue releases once one is ready to take the test?

i've heard from my friends that NCLEX is only offered in april and sept...

but i've also heard that it's avail every month............. can someone please verify this? also like to know where all the testing locations are and if i will have any problem finding one that will be open within the 75 day open period when i get my ATT... i dont know why there's not just a listing of all the places that ppl can take the NCLEX test???

im sure there's more then RnL that took the nclex in pinas... please speak up people!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

is there anyone here who can tell me the locations that PearsonVue releases once one is ready to take the test?i've heard from my friends that NCLEX is only offered in april and sept...but i've also heard that it's avail every month............. can someone please verify this? also like to know where all the testing locations are and if i will have any problem finding one that will be open within the 75 day open period when i get my ATT... i dont know why there's not just a listing of all the places that ppl can take the NCLEX test??? im sure there's more then RnL that took the nclex in pinas... please speak up people!!

Go kasa website ng pearsonVue, fill up ka ng form jan eh registered mo information mo, tapos saang states at city kaba? Meron yan local testing center jan. ang ATT 3 months..Pro bago ka mag reg. appy ka muna Nclex application kung saan ka mag exam.

Example. California, submit ka muna application doon, finger print etc, punta kasa website ng states kung saan ka mag exam ng nclex, tapos reg ka doon meron mga requirements , tapos ang BON mag request yan sila ng TOR from the school kung saan ka graduate ang school mo dapat ang mag send ng mga original TOR dapat meron kang utusan sa pinas na mag asikaso yan.. D pwde galing sa iyo anG TOR once ma approved k ng states kung saan ma exam , jan ma time mag reg sa pearsonVue kasi one validity ung sa states kung saan ma exam, kelangan maka exam ka bago ma expired ung reg mo sa BON

Goos luck

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

Go kasa website ng pearsonVue, fill up ka ng form jan eh registered mo information mo, tapos saang states at city kaba? Meron yan local testing center jan. ang ATT 3 months..Pro bago ka mag reg. appy ka muna Nclex application kung saan ka mag exam.

Example. California, submit ka muna application doon, finger print etc, punta kasa website ng states kung saan ka mag exam ng nclex, tapos reg ka doon meron mga requirements , tapos ang BON mag request yan sila ng TOR from the school kung saan ka graduate ang school mo dapat ang mag send ng mga original TOR dapat meron kang utusan sa pinas na mag asikaso yan.. D pwde galing sa iyo anG TOR once ma approved k ng states kung saan ma exam , jan ma time mag reg sa pearsonVue kasi one validity ung sa states kung saan ma exam, kelangan maka exam ka bago ma expired ung reg mo sa BON

Goos luck

The ATT can be valid for 3mos but some states require that you sit the exam within 60, 75, 90 days...

Most of the time, the BONs require that the TORs be submitted tp them directly from the school you graduated from. This is to prevent tampering.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check BON OF Texas for the requirements,sis. I advise you to have your credential evaluation done bago umalis kasi sometimes you need to follow up with your school kng may dumating n requests and syempre you need to pay them para sa pagpapadala pero kng may mapagkakatiwalaan ka naman magfollow up mas okey. Start the process now months din ang aabutin kasi nyan sayang naman oras :)

Good luck:)

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Btw make sure kung saang state ka tlg magwork kasi other state requires you to pass again their state boards before giving you a license others just requires you reciprocity/ endorsement. I took nclex in 2009 in makati but im not sure if we have nclex pa in the philippines. I enrolled in gapuz for my nclex Review.They will give you question trends in nclex.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.