Meera12

August 2013 Visa Bulletin-Help please

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

So I had been waiting for the August 2013 visa bulletin. I have been trying to interpret the information in the right way, But i am so confused at the moment. Can someone explain the visa bulletin please. I have attached Visa Bulletin, Kabul Afghanistan below in the link.

My priority date is September 26, 2012.

Applying for a CR1 Visa.

Case Completed from NVC on May 24th, 2013.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6028.html

Regards

Meera

The visa bulletin does not apply to the CR1 visa. It only applies to the F1, F2A, F2B, F3 and F4 Visas. There is no visa limit for the CR1 so when your case is done with NVC you should be notified that the case has been sent to kabul to be scheduled for an interview. You might want to call NVC and followup with them

Edited by Atrain01

Hi Meera,

I am in the same situation as you. Two days ago I contacted my Senator's office and requested that they contact the US Embassy in Kabul on my behalf to find out when they plan on scheduling interviews. I have emailed the embassy twice but their responses are preprogrammed and one explained to me that this needed AP and my fiancé was told this at the interview. My fiancé has not had an interview! I did call the embassy and asked about when interviews were going to be scheduled and was told that this information was not available and there is not a number for me to call and check. I complained to my Senator's office stating that employees of the Department of State are public servants and since they are being paid by tax payers they should be available to me. Anyway, my Senator's office has agreed to contact the embassy to find out when his interview will be scheduled. Of course, not an exact date but a time range which I requested to be reasonable, within two months. Perhaps you should contact your Senator and have them add a little pressure too. It couldn't hurt.

Donna

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi Meera,

I am in the same situation as you. Two days ago I contacted my Senator's office and requested that they contact the US Embassy in Kabul on my behalf to find out when they plan on scheduling interviews. I have emailed the embassy twice but their responses are preprogrammed and one explained to me that this needed AP and my fiancé was told this at the interview. My fiancé has not had an interview! I did call the embassy and asked about when interviews were going to be scheduled and was told that this information was not available and there is not a number for me to call and check. I complained to my Senator's office stating that employees of the Department of State are public servants and since they are being paid by tax payers they should be available to me. Anyway, my Senator's office has agreed to contact the embassy to find out when his interview will be scheduled. Of course, not an exact date but a time range which I requested to be reasonable, within two months. Perhaps you should contact your Senator and have them add a little pressure too. It couldn't hurt.

Salam. I'm in the same boat with both of u, my case was received on may 13, 2013 and since then I have email the consulate numerous times and the only reply was that we need to find slot for my fiance's interview. I'm hoping in sha allah they contact him next week or so to set up his interview. And after interview they will put him under AP for god knows how long till they issue him visa. We are just stuck and can't do nothing. :( goodluck to u all. @meera urs is the marraige visa so u should know about ur interview date from NVC not the US embassy in kabul I just remembered that u didn't file petition for fiance but for husband. Good luck

Donna

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Hi Laila,

I am working on a K1 visa and our appointment comes from the embassy. Believe me, I have called anyone I thought could help! It is a shame that our fiancés are subject to administrative processing. From reading the forums here it can take a long time. It is over nine months since I have seen my fiancé. I too hope that next week they will contact them for interviews. I hope my Senator can influence the scheduling. I check the visa timelines often to see who has been scheduled an interview and it looks like there is about four of us waiting. I hope it isn't much longer, I feel like my fiancé is losing hope of getting a visa.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything.

Donna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.