3 posts in this topic

Well the paperwork's in files, the photos are in chronological order, now all we do is wait n keep our fingers crossed.

Driving test Saturday too (I figured it would take my mind off of AOS :lol: )

Good luck to everyone else that have their interviews in the next few days.

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Ooohhh good luck guys!!! Just think...nearly over for a couple of years :dance::star:;)

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Goodluck on your interview and on the driving test, too.

Is your driving test for an instruction permit or is it a road test?

Did you know something about the implemented new policy of the DMV lately?

Which state are you from? I'm sorry to dampen your spirits, but here in Co, I just took my road test and passed it the other day, but like how they do it in getting SSNs, they have to verify your status in the SAVE system. They'll be asking for your documents for permanent residency, etc. Then verify your docs with INS and then send you an approval or denial letter and only when you get the approval letter can you be issued a driver's license.

I don't know how it goes in your state, but just bring all of your important docs like birth certificate, marriage certificate, AOS NOAs, passport and IDs with photocopies just to be in the safe side, in case they do have this kind of thing too in your state.

Goodluck.

Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.