Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Process at Embassy with a Child

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Finacee and her 10 year old son have the interview at the embassy next week. My understanding is that the son does not have to be there.

However, does anyone who has been through this at Bogota or elsewhere know what kind of paperwork they are expecting regarding the son's "right" to leave the country? The divorce paperwork has it noted that the father gives permission for this. We have submitted copies of this already.

We also have a notorized statement from the father saying it is okay. We have just the one original copy where the father's signature was notorized. We we need to have a copy of this to leave at the embassy?

I'm just looking to find what might be expected.

Thanks for your assistance.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.