Stone

Anyone gone to pick up their visa and been told it wasn't ready?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got a very upset call yesterday. Pond was scheduled to pick up her visa wednesday (her birthday) after a successful interview monday. She showed up at noon and was called into a room to wait with all the others there to pick up their visa. one by one they were called until she was left and she finally asked if hers was there and showed her card.

They just unapologetically told her it wasn't ready to come back tomorrow and if not tomorrow then for sure friday. To me this sounds like a typical government office to me but she was absolutely crushed.

is there ANY reason for us to worry?

Thanks

Stone

June 17, 2005: Met in Bangkok

December 11, 2005: 2nd trip to Bangkok

Feb 05, 2006: 3rd trip to Bangkok Engaged

March 15, 2006: 4th trip to Bangkok

April 30, 2006: 5th trip, Chaiyaphum to meet family

May 27, 2006: I-29F mailed

June 07, 2006: Received

June 15, 2006: NOA 1

July 03, 2006: IMBRA RFE

July 25, 2006: 6th trip, Phuket & Phi Phi for fun

July 27, 2006: NOA 2

Aug 02, 2006: NVC Case Number, Sent to Bangkok Embassy

Aug 14, 2006: Packet 3 Received

Aug 15, 2006: DS230 submitted to the Embassy

Aug 23, 2006: Packet 4, interview date Sept 18 2006

Sep 18, 2006: Interview: Approved no problems.

Sep 20, 2006: scheduled to pick up visa.

Sep 22, 2006: Visa in hand!

Oct 05, 2006: Flight from Bangkok to LAX

Nov 22, 2006: Civil Service (just to please immigration have real wedding planned in Thailand next year.

AOS

Dec 21, 2006: I-485 Mailed

March 20, 2007: NOA notice that Case is being transffered to CA.

June 25, 2007: RFE (redundant financial info).

July 19, 2007: Email Card production ordered

July 20, 2007: Email Welcome letter mailed to new permanent resident..

Remove Conditions

May 20, 2009 : Mail I-751

Filed: Timeline

Stone,

Interesting to know for sure that the consulate was open on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if it was understaffed due to some (or many) of the Thai staffers who do the 'grunt work' staying home due to the unfolding events.

Yodrak

I got a very upset call yesterday. Pond was scheduled to pick up her visa wednesday (her birthday) after a successful interview monday. She showed up at noon and was called into a room to wait with all the others there to pick up their visa. one by one they were called until she was left and she finally asked if hers was there and showed her card.

They just unapologetically told her it wasn't ready to come back tomorrow and if not tomorrow then for sure friday. To me this sounds like a typical government office to me but she was absolutely crushed.

Thanks

Stone

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Stone,

Interesting to know for sure that the consulate was open on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if it was understaffed due to some (or many) of the Thai staffers who do the 'grunt work' staying home due to the unfolding events.

Yodrak

Thanks

Stone

Yodrak,

We really weren't sure if they would be open but I checked the website and she called. She wasn't happy about all the armed soldiers running around but if anything was going to get her out of the house this was it.

I'll keep everyone updated. She did fail to mention that there was something said about her name change. She was very sick when she was younger and they did a name change ceremony and had her name changed. We had all the paperwork for it so we didn't think it was going to be a big deal. Maybe this was holding them up.

I'll report back tomorrow night.

June 17, 2005: Met in Bangkok

December 11, 2005: 2nd trip to Bangkok

Feb 05, 2006: 3rd trip to Bangkok Engaged

March 15, 2006: 4th trip to Bangkok

April 30, 2006: 5th trip, Chaiyaphum to meet family

May 27, 2006: I-29F mailed

June 07, 2006: Received

June 15, 2006: NOA 1

July 03, 2006: IMBRA RFE

July 25, 2006: 6th trip, Phuket & Phi Phi for fun

July 27, 2006: NOA 2

Aug 02, 2006: NVC Case Number, Sent to Bangkok Embassy

Aug 14, 2006: Packet 3 Received

Aug 15, 2006: DS230 submitted to the Embassy

Aug 23, 2006: Packet 4, interview date Sept 18 2006

Sep 18, 2006: Interview: Approved no problems.

Sep 20, 2006: scheduled to pick up visa.

Sep 22, 2006: Visa in hand!

Oct 05, 2006: Flight from Bangkok to LAX

Nov 22, 2006: Civil Service (just to please immigration have real wedding planned in Thailand next year.

AOS

Dec 21, 2006: I-485 Mailed

March 20, 2007: NOA notice that Case is being transffered to CA.

June 25, 2007: RFE (redundant financial info).

July 19, 2007: Email Card production ordered

July 20, 2007: Email Welcome letter mailed to new permanent resident..

Remove Conditions

May 20, 2009 : Mail I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.