bunny honey

Waiting for DHL package from CDJ Mexico

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband was told, after his interview, to wait for his DHL package. I am trying to speed things up by calling the 703 number, but was told that our case was not in the system; therefore, I was unable to set up a waiver appointment incase we need one. They told me to call back tomorrow to see if we are already in the system. Anyone else experiencing this? The immigration officer did not take my husband's passport. We are dying to know the results of his interview.

CR1 Timeline Electronic Processing

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-12

NVC Received : 2011-05-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-04

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-06-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-06-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-06-03

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-15

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-06-24

NVC Left : 2011-07-15

Consulate Interview: 2011-08-12

Waiver Interview: 2011-9-30

z82Tm5.png

Timeline

My husband was told, after his interview, to wait for his DHL package. I am trying to speed things up by calling the 703 number, but was told that our case was not in the system; therefore, I was unable to set up a waiver appointment incase we need one. They told me to call back tomorrow to see if we are already in the system. Anyone else experiencing this? The immigration officer did not take my husband's passport. We are dying to know the results of his interview.

[/quote

Wait...your husband has his passport with him still...?? And you are waiting for the Visa to come with DHL...?

What´s the visa going to be attached to? If the interview was approved the officer was supposed to have recieved the passport,told your husband he was approved and then you would wait 3-7 business days and receive visa through DHL..

Edited by vanessa.diaz

Sent I-130---------6/6/11

NOA1---------------6/10/11

Touched------------6/15/11

Touched------------8/9/11

NOA2---------------10/14/11 :) yeeeaaahh no RFE´s

Interview----------02/10/12 ***** :) a piece of cake!!

Got Visa in hand---02/13/12 in Morelia,Mich.

uZFTm5.png

Timeline

That is the problem. We do not know what we are waiting for because the immigration officer did not tell my husband is the visa was approved, denied, or can file for a waiver. To know the results, we have to wait for the package from DHL. They threw a curve ball at us because we were not expecting this.

CR1 Timeline Electronic Processing

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-12

NVC Received : 2011-05-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-04

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-06-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-06-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-06-03

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-15

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-06-24

NVC Left : 2011-07-15

Consulate Interview: 2011-08-12

Waiver Interview: 2011-9-30

z82Tm5.png

Timeline

That is the problem. We do not know what we are waiting for because the immigration officer did not tell my husband is the visa was approved, denied, or can file for a waiver. To know the results, we have to wait for the package from DHL. They threw a curve ball at us because we were not expecting this.

[/qu

Yeah that does sound very weird...if the visa was not approved then you should not be expecting anything from DHL..Why didn´t your husband ask the officer what exactly is going on?? Try calling the Consulado..

why does your timeline say denied??

uZFTm5.png

Vanessa.diaz this is common procedure in Mexico.

-If the beneficiary is placed in Administrative Review

-If visa is denied but beneficiary qualifies for a waiver

Then beneficiary is told to pay for DHL and expect a package that will let them know how to proceed. The beneficiary is not informed of the outcome of the interview right away but expected to wait for that DHL package with the information.

The OP is getting ready to file for a waiver if needed so she is in the right track, just wait for the DHL package and remember to call the DHL office because sometimes they "neglect" to let you know that your package is ready and they only keep it for some days before sending it back to the consulate.

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Timeline

Vanessa.diaz this is common procedure in Mexico.

-If the beneficiary is placed in Administrative Review

-If visa is denied but beneficiary qualifies for a waiver

Then beneficiary is told to pay for DHL and expect a package that will let them know how to proceed. The beneficiary is not informed of the outcome of the interview right away but expected to wait for that DHL package with the information.

The OP is getting ready to file for a waiver if needed so she is in the right track, just wait for the DHL package and remember to call the DHL office because sometimes they "neglect" to let you know that your package is ready and they only keep it for some days before sending it back to the consulate.

So if the outcome of the interview is AP they have to wait for a DHL package that says that with paperwork/or if the qualify for a waiver that will be sent? Why don´t they inform the interviewee...? I mean thats the least they can do...

One question: The waivers are for people who entered the US illegally? or what exactly are they for?

uZFTm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Once you know that DHL picked up your package at the consulate it takes 1 business day to arrive to one of the DHL couriers in Ciudad Juarez, anywhere else in the country takes 2 o 3 business days, no more.

Praying you hear back soon... By the way once you have your DHL package tracking number is better to call since sometimes the destination is the wrong one online, just to make sure give them a call.

So if the outcome of the interview is AP they have to wait for a DHL package that says that with paperwork/or if the qualify for a waiver that will be sent? Why don´t they inform the interviewee...? I mean thats the least they can do...

One question: The waivers are for people who entered the US illegally? or what exactly are they for?

I have no idea why they don't inform the beneficiary on the spot! I feel the same way :blink: ...

Yes, if the beneficiary was in the US illegally they may still be able to qualify for a waiver. It appears to be a common procedure in Juarez so it doesn't take much time to be processed.

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.