Lancelotte25

NBI and Police Clearance

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys, please help, I am working in Saudi Arabia and my petition will be process in US Embassy Riyadh, I would like to know if it's possible to ask my relatives to get these certificates on my behalf, because if I will go home just to take these cetificates it will cost me a huge amount just for the plane ticket. :blush:

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys, please help, I am working in Saudi Arabia and my petition will be process in US Embassy Riyadh, I would like to know if it's possible to ask my relatives to get these certificates on my behalf, because if I will go home just to take these cetificates it will cost me a huge amount just for the plane ticket. :blush:

My fiancee' just got her clearances and the officials required several forms of id (Birth cert and postal ID and her college ID). These need to be presented in person. Also you must be FINGERPRINTED. Not possible unless you are present. Here is the link.......http://www.nbi.gov.ph/clearance.htm

good luck

Try to inquire at Philippines Embassy in Saudi..Back in Hongkong where we filed the petition, they process the NBI. We complete the forms and had fingerprints then depends on you if you would like them to send it back to Phils. of course big fee or send the form back to your family to process it.

Hope it helps!!!

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

in my understanding, since u are in SA, u must have had an NBI before....if it has expired and u have a copy with you (there in SA),renew it by going to the Ph consulate and have your fingerprints done plus your 2x2 picture (of cors)...then send to your relatives to be submitted to NBI office.Enclose authorization who files and claims it in your behalf. I am here in UAE and this is what i have done. All ok.

For the police clearance, i didn't request for any even if i have moved around in ph before. NBI for me is suffice. Check your USE if you have to produce police certificate besides the NBI (remember, NBI covers the whole ph)

hope it helps and goodluck :star:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

in my understanding, since u are in SA, u must have had an NBI before....if it has expired and u have a copy with you (there in SA),renew it by going to the Ph consulate and have your fingerprints done plus your 2x2 picture (of cors)...then send to your relatives to be submitted to NBI office.Enclose authorization who files and claims it in your behalf. I am here in UAE and this is what i have done. All ok.

For the police clearance, i didn't request for any even if i have moved around in ph before. NBI for me is suffice. Check your USE if you have to produce police certificate besides the NBI (remember, NBI covers the whole ph)

hope it helps and goodluck :star:

Thank you so much, exactly i'm about to go to the Philippine Embassy-Riyadh to renew my passport on August 09. :dance:

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

Lee and Jen + Karenza

PASTED FROM NBI FAQ:

I AM PRESENTLY WORKING/LIVING ABROAD. HOW CAN I GET A NBI CLEARANCE WITHOUT GOING HOME TO THE PHILIPPINES?

You can visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and ask for a Fingerprint Card Form.

a.) Fingerprint Card Form – fill up the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.

b.) Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office or the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name, state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose on the card.

c.) In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:

c.1) Your maiden surname (father’s surname).

c.2) Your husband’s surname.

c.3) Your first name or given name.

c.4) Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)

d.) Attach a latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application).

e.) Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

1. Philippine National Bank (PNB)

2. Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)

3. ANZ – A New Zealand Bank

4. METROBANK

5. Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)

Upon completion of this requirement, send your accomplished form to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

IRD - Mailed Clearance Section

National Bureau of Investigation

Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila

Philippines

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers. Processing of application normally takes a maximum of three (3) days excluding days of transit.

You may also send your accomplished form to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) in NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

I HAVE BEEN WORKING/LIVING ABROAD AND WOULD LIKE TO RENEW MY NBI CLEARANCE. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT WITHOUT LEAVING ABROAD?

Just send the original Personal Copy of your old NBI clearance certificate issued not earlier than 1998 if you still have it. Otherwise, follow instructions on item #8.

Prior to sending your old NBI clearance, you must attach latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application) and photocopy of your passport with date stamped proving your presence abroad. Update any information that needs to be updated on your old clearance certificate, else write Same Data if there are no changes. Renewal only allows changes in address and purpose of clearance. If there would be changes in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and PLACE OF BIRTH, you are advised to fill-up a new application form (refer to instruction on item #8) and attach a photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate as proof on changes applied.

Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

4. METROBANK

Upon completion of this requirement, send your documents to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

Philippines

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers. Processing of application normally takes a maximum of three (3) days excluding days of transit.

You may also send your documents to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) at NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

***NBI Kiosks do not accept renewal of clearance handed by your representative.

***Alien or Filipinos w/ dual citizenship should send photocopy of passport.

PASTED FROM NBI FAQ:

I AM PRESENTLY WORKING/LIVING ABROAD. HOW CAN I GET A NBI CLEARANCE WITHOUT GOING HOME TO THE PHILIPPINES?

You can visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and ask for a Fingerprint Card Form.

a.) Fingerprint Card Form – fill up the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.

b.) Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office or the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name, state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose on the card.

c.) In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:

c.1) Your maiden surname (father's surname).

c.2) Your husband's surname.

c.3) Your first name or given name.

c.4) Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)

d.) Attach a latest copy of your 2"x2" photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application).

e.) Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

4. METROBANK

Upon completion of this requirement, send your accomplished form to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

Philippines

You may also send your accomplished form to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) in NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

I HAVE BEEN WORKING/LIVING ABROAD AND WOULD LIKE TO RENEW MY NBI CLEARANCE. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT WITHOUT LEAVING ABROAD?

Just send the original Personal Copy of your old NBI clearance certificate issued not earlier than 1998 if you still have it. Otherwise, follow instructions on item #8.

Prior to sending your old NBI clearance, you must attach latest copy of your 2"x2" photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application) and photocopy of your passport with date stamped proving your presence abroad. Update any information that needs to be updated on your old clearance certificate, else write Same Data if there are no changes. Renewal only allows changes in address and purpose of clearance. If there would be changes in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and PLACE OF BIRTH, you are advised to fill-up a new application form (refer to instruction on item #8) and attach a photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate as proof on changes applied.

Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

4. METROBANK

Upon completion of this requirement, send your documents to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

Philippines

You may also send your documents to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) at NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

***NBI Kiosks do not accept renewal of clearance handed by your representative.

***Alien or Filipinos w/ dual citizenship should send photocopy of passport.

:dance:Great!! Thank you so much buddy!!

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

Lee and Jen + Karenza

• 2 months later...

We are almost on the same status right now. Except that I did not send yet the DS-230 coz i'm on the process of collecting the document requirements. I'm just not sure about this, do we need BOTH NBI clearance & Saudi police certificate? Did you obtain both of this certificate? If you already did, how?

06-19-2008 : Filed I-130

06-24-2008 : NOA 1

04-00-2009 : Wife became USC

09-30-2009 : NOA 2

10-19-2009 : Paid AoS bill

10-29-2009 : DS-3032 submitted

10-30-2009 : I-864 submitted

11-14-2009 : IV bill received

11-19-2009 : IV bill paid

11-25-2009 : DS-230 sent (from SA)

12-03-2009 : DS-230 received by NVC

12-13-2009 : Log in failed. Yes!

12-14-2009 :Case complete. Oh yes!

12-15-2009 : Appointment letter received.

01-10-2010 : Medical exam

01-30-2010 : Interview date at US Embassy - Riyadh! Approved!

02-02-2010 : Visa on hand! :)

12-19-2011 : I-751 Receipt Notice

02-08-2012 : Biometrics appointment

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

NOBODY POSTED THIS ON THIS FORUM SO I GUESS I NEED TO IN ORDER TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO MY EXPERIENCE.

I) IF YOU ARE IN DUBAI, RENEWAL (I REITERATE, RENEWAL) OF NBI CLEARANCE IS SIMPLE. THESE ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS:

A) IF YOU ARE AUTHORIZING SOMEBODY IN THE PHILIPPINES TO RENEW YOUR NBI CLEARANCE.

1) YOUR OLD NBI CLERANCE CERTIFICATE (GREEN COPY). COPIES OR SCANNED COPIES NOT ALLOWED.

2) AUTHORIZATION LETTER

3) LATEST 2X2 PICTURE

B) ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN SEND YOUR OLD NBI CERTIFICATE TO THE NBI OFFICE IN MANILA. (VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS).

1) YOUR OLD NBI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (GREEN COPY).

2) LATEST 2X2 PICTURE

3) MONEY ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF P200.00

IMPORTANT!!!!YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE IN DUBAI TO DO THIS.

II) IF YOU ARE GETTING A NEW NBI OR A REPLACING A LOST NBI CLEARANCE, THEN, THAT IS THE TIME YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE IN DUBAI.

1) YOU NEED TO FILL UP A FORM AT THE CONSULATE

2) BRING 2X2 PICTURE

3) TAKE THE FORM TO THE GENERAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS FOR FINGERPRINTING AND PAY AED110.00.

4) TAKE THE FORM BACK TO THE CONSULATE. PAY AED100.00.

5) WAIT FOR RELEASING OF THE FORM (AFTER 5 WORKING DAYS).

6) EITHER SEND THE FORM TO NBI MANILA OR TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TO SECURE THE NBI.

THE CONSULATE PEOPLE WILL NOT ADVISE YOU OF THE RENEWAL INSTRUCTION. IT'S EITHER THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE PROCEDURES OR THEY WANT TO MILK YOU OF YOUR HARD EARNED DIRHAMS.

IN MY CASE, I TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE MY OLD NBI CERTIFICATE. THEY REPLIED I DON'T NEED IT AND I NEED TO FILL THE FORM AND START ALL OVER AGAIN.

Edited by joeltabun

• 9 months later...

NOBODY POSTED THIS ON THIS FORUM SO I GUESS I NEED TO IN ORDER TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO MY EXPERIENCE.

I) IF YOU ARE IN DUBAI, RENEWAL (I REITERATE, RENEWAL) OF NBI CLEARANCE IS SIMPLE. THESE ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS:

A) IF YOU ARE AUTHORIZING SOMEBODY IN THE PHILIPPINES TO RENEW YOUR NBI CLEARANCE.

1) YOUR OLD NBI CLERANCE CERTIFICATE (GREEN COPY). COPIES OR SCANNED COPIES NOT ALLOWED.

2) AUTHORIZATION LETTER

3) LATEST 2X2 PICTURE

B) ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN SEND YOUR OLD NBI CERTIFICATE TO THE NBI OFFICE IN MANILA. (VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS).

1) YOUR OLD NBI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (GREEN COPY).

2) LATEST 2X2 PICTURE

3) MONEY ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF P200.00

IMPORTANT!!!!YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE IN DUBAI TO DO THIS.

II) IF YOU ARE GETTING A NEW NBI OR A REPLACING A LOST NBI CLEARANCE, THEN, THAT IS THE TIME YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE IN DUBAI.

1) YOU NEED TO FILL UP A FORM AT THE CONSULATE

2) BRING 2X2 PICTURE

3) TAKE THE FORM TO THE GENERAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS FOR FINGERPRINTING AND PAY AED110.00.

4) TAKE THE FORM BACK TO THE CONSULATE. PAY AED100.00.

5) WAIT FOR RELEASING OF THE FORM (AFTER 5 WORKING DAYS).

6) EITHER SEND THE FORM TO NBI MANILA OR TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TO SECURE THE NBI.

THE CONSULATE PEOPLE WILL NOT ADVISE YOU OF THE RENEWAL INSTRUCTION. IT'S EITHER THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE PROCEDURES OR THEY WANT TO MILK YOU OF YOUR HARD EARNED DIRHAMS.

IN MY CASE, I TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE MY OLD NBI CERTIFICATE. THEY REPLIED I DON'T NEED IT AND I NEED TO FILL THE FORM AND START ALL OVER AGAIN.

Hello Joel! This is a great post for i need to apply NBI while I am here in Dubai. Sadly, I went to Philippine Consulate the other day about this and they dont know what Im talking about and they dont have any idea. I also asked them the embassy's phone no. and they dont have! :( I asked nicely the information but gotten no information and I wasted 200 AED for taxi. :( But it's not totally wasted bcoz I went to DPHQ to apply for Police clearance. Are you sure it's Philippine Consulate or Philippine embassy? Thank you! :star:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

If you just need to get a RENEWAL, you don't need to be fingerprinted again and present all those documents. However, you can only file for RENEWAL if you still have the original copy of your personal copy (remember, you get two copies of the NBI cleaarance - one is marked "personal copy").

I've renewed my NBI clearance twice while in Canada through a relative who was in Manila:

1. relative must have your original copy of your personal copy of the NBI clearance

2. authorization letter for your relative - should also contain instructions on address and purpose (same address/purpose or different?)

3. 2x2 photo

4. fee

That's all you need.

Your relative would have to call NBI to check which is the nearest office that would accept renewals via a representative. You can also choose to send directly to the NBI (There's a contact person named on the NBI website to whom the application should be sent).

If you don't have your original personal copy anymore, then you cannot do a renewal. You'll have to apply as if you were a first-time filer ---- i.e., submit all the requirements that the previous posters posted.

Edited by Armenia

• 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.