Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pho4ray

police clearance Philippines

14 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

hello. im in the final stage of my petition for k1 visa. all we have to do now is gather all the required docs and then schedule and interview with manila embassy... now my fiancee is from manila but she has worked in cebu for 2 years....how do i get a police clearance from there?? please someone give me advise asap...i appreciate it thank you

hello. im in the final stage of my petition for k1 visa. all we have to do now is gather all the required docs and then schedule and interview with manila embassy... now my fiancee is from manila but she has worked in cebu for 2 years....how do i get a police clearance from there?? please someone give me advise asap...i appreciate it thank you

She only needs NBI clearance..

are you guys 100% sure she only needs a nbi clearance?? the website is not clear to me but it sounds like she only need a police clearance from any other country she has lived in for more than 6 months....-NBI clearance and police clearance it sounds like they are saying you need both.....grrr ppl need to make things more clear

-NBI clearance and police clearance. Applicants aged 16 or older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the Philippine National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), and a Police Certificate from every other country where they have lived for one year or more since reaching the age of 16 (six months or more for K visa applicants).

I got everything on the list of requirements except military clearance coz i never served and the proof termination of previous marriage coz i was never married. You never really know what requirements the pre-screener or the CO will ask you to provide.

if yu have not been out of the country for more than 6 months then you dont need to submit police cert.

nbi is nationwide, so whether youre in visayas or anywhere in the phils, that will do.

i am currently in the philippines already but previously i lived in maryland for 19 months as a j1 visa holder....then i am required to get a police clearance from maryland, police clearance from philippines also and, NBI clearance? is that right?

it also says on the maryland website thing that i need to personally get my police clearance from them how is that i'm already in the philippines? i haven't called them up yet but i just read in the website. would anyone know if it is possible that my fiance can just process it for me in my behalf so that i don't have to travel back to maryland to just get a police clearance...even if i want to go back there coz i will get a chance to see my fiance but hahaha i don't want to spend money for my airfare.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.