Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honeybear

Birth Certificate & CENOMAR Validity

9 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

i read in one of the posts here at VJ regarding the 6months validity of the birth certificate and Cenomar from NSO...IS this true?

Did anyone have to get a more recent copy of ur BC and Cenomar before you were interviewed?

I got my BC and Cenomar last april2007...

I'm kinda worried...Should I start requesting for a new BC & CENOMAR?

Help pls!!! :help:

better get copies of these docs 6 weeks to one month before your interview so that the information are still very fresh. although the BC has no expiration, well, you can use the old ones in the future. submit to the embassy the newest copy as well as for the CENOMAR.

check all the info in your BC and CENOMAR like spellings, dates and places and correct them in advance to avoid the necessary delays after your visa interview.

better get copies of these docs 6 weeks to one month before your interview so that the information are still very fresh. although the BC has no expiration, well, you can use the old ones in the future. submit to the embassy the newest copy as well as for the CENOMAR.

check all the info in your BC and CENOMAR like spellings, dates and places and correct them in advance to avoid the necessary delays after your visa interview.

Thanks Sis Beng, as always!!! :thumbs:

You're always a great help!!!

God Bless!!!

From what I know, BCs dont expire. As for the CENOMAR, its valid for 6 months. I got my first CENOMAR last June 2007. So I decided to get a new one. I got a more recent one, dated Jan 8, 2008.

Thanks lady anne!

I will be going to the local NSO over here to request for new copies of my BC & CENOMAR...

I'm ssooooo glad for VJ!!

I requested 2 copies of my birth certificate last June 2007. Can I just use these and not get any recent ones since BC got no expiration date? Or I really have to get more recent copies?

Birth certificates should be fine since that info isn't going to change. We did get a new NBI report and a new CENOMAR which, of course came back as a CEMAR since it's showing our marriage. We got these in early Dec. for our Jan 22nd interview. Trying to cover all the bases and eliminate any chance of a hold up.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.