essjay

Good Luck rea

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Late to the party.... But Good Luck to rea today. Bring back another APPROVED please!! :thumbs:

hi essjay! it's so nice of you to have started a topic for me :luv:

i am approved! Praise the Lord! I actually asked the consul if i am approved but she did not said yes or no but instead she just said that my interview was okay..i will be sharing my interview experience shortly!

and again, here's my goodluck bear for your interview today!

220663ih4yk1edwx.gif

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

i am approved! Praise the Lord! I actually asked the consul if i am approved but she did not said yes or no but instead she just said that my interview was okay..i will be sharing my interview experience shortly!

and again, here's my goodluck bear for your interview today!

congrats-2.gif

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Congratulations rea, I'm so pleased. WooHoo :dance::dance::dance:

I'll watch out for your review. Well Done and Good Luck for the future...

(And thank you for your bear... IT WORKED!!! :D )

Yeah Baby Yeah! Rea took the good luck bear with her and the CO just had to say... APPROVED!!! Congrats!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

essjay 118976byad69yf2k.gif

gosh! my goodluck bear is so lucky :luv: !! i should be giving this to all the vj members with their upcoming interview!!

382701k3kygc6zsx.jpg lirachadsbaby, helen and of course sheriff uling! i couldn't have prepared this much if not for sheriff and to all the helpful members of vj!!

anyway, here's my interview experience:

i hardly got some sleep the night before my interview because of anxiousness, i thought my heart went up to my neck coz breathing was kinda difficult! haha! the documents i had with me are the following:

• Silly Girl's USE Layout information - can be found in Sheriff Uling's Manila Embassy's K1 Visa Guide
  • original appointment letter
  • 2 sets of DS157, 1 of it is BPI validated for payment
  • 2 sets of DS156 - computer generated with the same barcode, 2x2 photo glued in the form already
  • 1 copy of DS156
  • Original Birth Certificate from NSO
  • NBI Clearance
  • Cenomar - Certificate of No Marriage
  • Notarized Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support
  • Form W2 & 1040 - 2004 to 2006
  • 3 months pay stubs
  • bank statement
  • employment letter
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Original NOA2 and NVC letter
  • text messages log
  • phone bills - original & photocopy
  • yahoo webcam log with photos
  • chat logs
  • photocopy of engagement ring receipt
  • latest USC petitioner's letter of intent
  • money transfer receipts
  • mail receipts
  • email & chat prints
  • album of photos
  • hotel confirmation & reservation
  • plane tickets & boarding pass

my honey called & woke me up 3am..my younger sister went with me in going to the embassy because when i left the house at 4:30, it is still dark..when we arrived at the USEM, we went directly to the waiting area at the right side of the embassy, there were already many applicants and vendor at 5am..some were marketing their chairs for rent while waiting and even bluffed some applicants that the chairs were supposedly for queuing in going thru the guards at the embassy..just a tip, you don't have to rent those chairs coz there are benches available at the waiting area and don't believe them that it is for queuing...

at around 5:00, it was raining very hard! and i thought it was God's blessing for me before going for the interview..and indeed it is..

at 5:15am, the USEM guard went to the waiting area and called the 6:30 applicants..even knowing that my appointment is still at 7:30 i joined the others in queuing in the entrance gate but hehe nice try! they did not allowed me to go in yet, the guards told me to wait outside (well, the guards were all nice..i think its because of my goodluck bear) so after a couple of minutes, the guard called up the 7:30 applicants..i was 4th in line, the guard asked us to prepare the appointment letter and a valid id, so i was already inside the USEM waiting area at 5:30.

at 6:15, all applicants were requested to line up to go through the xray conveyor, by the way NO MOBILE PHONES or ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES allowed inside the embassy.

at 6:45, we were instructed by the guard to line up to get a number stub and i submitted the appointment letter and all DS forms then i got my number stub (my lucky number 7005)

at 7:30, my name was called (take note NAMES will be called and not the number) to go to window 33..you will be asked to present your number stub but remember to bring it back with you afterwards..

at 8:05, my number flashed on the queue board and it's time for my pre-screening (from 7:30 to 8:05 i was so damn nervous, what i did was pray & hold on to my rosary & sto. nino)..the filipina lady pre-screener at window 25 was so nice! she only asked for my birth certificate & my nbi clearance :luv: then asked me the following questions:

• who petitioned you?
  • how did you met?
  • when was the last time you saw him?
  • were you married before?
  • do you have kids? at this question, i told her that i have my cenomar with me and asked her if she likes to have it but she gently told me that there is no need
  • do you have photos together? so i showed my album full of photos & she just asked me to flip the pages & she said okay! so i asked her again if she likes to take some of our photos but she then again gently told me no need & i just have to show it later to the consular officer

then that was it, she told me to wait again for my number to be called/flashed.. yay! i'm so happy that my pre-screener was so nice!! :luv: the screening actually only lasts for 3 minutes!

at 10:10, my number flashed on the queue board & finally it's time for my consular officer interview..i was on window 33 and my CO was a lady..when she said my name, i told her yes maam & smiled and she smiled back...im so glad that she smiled back because it cooled me down..i was so nervous & felt that my heart was on my neck :help: luckily, she was nice and asked me these questions:

• who petitioned you?
  • what is your fiance's job?
  • when was the last time you saw each other?
  • when do you intend to get married?
  • where do you intend to live when you arrive in the us?

then she said okay, you may now go back to your seat & wait again for your number to be called..i took my courage and asked her if i am approved, she told me that her computer was a bit slow & she can't check if there are still documents that i should be submitting & she told me that my interview was okay..

after 5 minutes, my number flashed again & i went to window 37 for releasing, the lady just asked me to pay delbros..i told her that they haven't gotten my affidavit of support yet, so she checked my documents & told me that okay give me your affidavit of support, W2 & 1040 (only for 2006), i asked her if she wants the bank statement, paystub & employment letter but she gently told me that there is no need..she handed to me my appointment letter with a pink slip on top! then i saw on my appointment letter a green ink stamp "approved"!! :dance::dance:

so i proceeded to delbros to pay the fee, paid Php165.00 for metro manila and so i left the embassy with bien to have lunch!!

IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE OVERPREPARED THAN OTHERWISE..just sharing some applicants encountered some glitches so we all know what to avoid:

• applicant did not fill up the DS forms
  • applicant was not able to pay the visa fee at BPI
  • applicant worked abroad but did not secure police clearance
  • applicant did not submit notarized affidavit of support
  • petitioner's income based on W2 & 1040 did not meet poverty guidelines

i hope you enjoy reading!

Edited by rea

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Timeline

hi rea!

congratulations and thanks for your post of your interview experience. it's a big help to us who are still to go through the process. :)

March 26, 2007 - Sent I129F

March 29, 2007 - NOA1

April 2, 2007 - NOA1 hardcopy

April 2, 2007 - Touched

June 21, 2007 - Touched

June 22, 2007 - Touched Approved NOA2 (thru calling on the phone but case received and pending when

we check online)

June 29, 2007 - Touched

June 30, 2007 - Touched

July 5, 2007 - Touched

July 6, 2007 - Received NOA2 hardcopy

July 12, 2007 - Received letter from NVC informing that they forwarded our petition in USEM

July 19, 2007 - Packet 4 Left USEM

August 7, 2007 - Received Packet 4

Medical - August 27, 2007

Interivew - September 4, 2007 .....APPROVED....Praise God!!!

Visa in Hand - September 12, 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.