Noor881

Applied for I-130, need to know what's next

9 posts in this topic

I'm a US citizen, applied for for husband on July 2016. My priority date is July 22, 2016. Most recent update on my case is that it was sent to NVC and I just selected my agent. Not waiting to complete the other steps.  I wanted to know how much longer will it take now to receive an interview date. As now I have to wait 2-3 weeks after selecting agent to do the further steps (pay fees and submit financial & other docs).

For the police report what must we include in that? I am currently not working and don't have a W2 so my dad will be supporting us, so how can u include him on my affidavit of support.  

After the interview what are the chances of it going under review? As I have heard most of the cases for a guy go under review for 3 months

Thanks 

50 minutes ago, Noor881 said:

I'm a US citizen, applied for for husband on July 2016. My priority date is July 22, 2016. Most recent update on my case is that it was sent to NVC and I just selected my agent. Not waiting to complete the other steps.  I wanted to know how much longer will it take now to receive an interview date. As now I have to wait 2-3 weeks after selecting agent to do the further steps (pay fees and submit financial & other docs). When you submit your AOS (Affidavit of Support) and IV (Immigration Visa) supporting documents to the NVC they will give you a scan date (this date is the date they receive your documents into their database). The review time is 8 weeks to review your documents and give you a case complete. But right now NVC is still backlogged, so it is possible that you could get case complete within 8 weeks or could extend beyond that, which takes additional time. There is no way of knowing how long it will take from the time you get your scan date, to case complete, to interview. But the sooner you send in your AOS and IV the better. 

For the police report what must we include in that? The police report your husband will get from any country he is from and any country he lived in for 1 year or more. In his country he can get this report from his local police station. Perhaps someone from the UAE can advise you on this. 

I am currently not working and don't have a W2 so my dad will be supporting us, so how can u include him on my affidavit of support. You will fill out an Affidavit of Support I-864 and your dad will also fill out an I-864, but if you are living with your dad, then he will fill out I-864a. Your dad will provide the W2's and other financial documents. 

After the interview what are the chances of it going under review? Everyone goes through AP (Additional Processing) but for some it may take a couple of days, others, weeks, months, and rarely, years. It tough to say how long, as their are many factors that can cause someone to go under AP for a period of time.  As I have heard most of the cases for a guy go under review for 3 months

Thanks 

Please see my comments above and please read this guide as it is extremly helpful and provides all the information you need for these next steps at NVC

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Good Luck :) 

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

1 hour ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Please see my comments above and please read this guide as it is extremly helpful and provides all the information you need for these next steps at NVC

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Good Luck :) 

Thank you so much for your reply.

i have a few other questions,

What are the IV supporting docs ?

So I only need to do the I-864a only for the AOF, since I'm living with my father? My father will fill in the household member section and I will fill in the sponsorer section? The rest (interpreter & preparer) section I will leave blank? 

My husband will also also need to provide his medical record, so when will they ask for that? He has lived in Pakistan and now has been working in UAE for almost 8 years. So the medical has to be from UAE since he resides there now? And will they also ask for his immunization record?

Thabks Loadz 

2 minutes ago, Noor881 said:

Thank you so much for your reply.

i have a few other questions,

What are the IV supporting docs ?

So I only need to do the I-864a only for the AOF, since I'm living with my father? My father will fill in the household member section and I will fill in the sponsorer section? The rest (interpreter & preparer) section I will leave blank(best never to leave any blanks, write N/A for what doesn't applyYou will need to fill out I-864 and then your dad will fill out I-864a

My husband will also also need to provide his medical record , so when will they ask for that? Medical record will come after case complete with NVC and right before the interview. he will receive instructions on that later, he should NOT dot anything about the medical test/record now. He has lived in Pakistan and now has been working in UAE for almost 8 years. So the medical has to be from UAE since he resides there now? Yes his medical will be done in the UAE by physicians approved by the US Embassy/Consulate. And will they also ask for his immunization record? Yes, but if he does not have one, the doctor will determine what if any he will need.

Thabks Loadz 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html Once you've paid the fee's the NVC will email you the AOS and IV checklist. Above I gave you the link from NVC for collecting documents and the next following steps in the NVC process. I advise you read it well, and see what applies to your situation.

Also, please read the wiki link I had given you, it gives step by step, exact information on what you will need to do. If you follow it and take heed the advises it will make this whole process much easier. It's a lot to read, but totally worth it. :) 

5 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html Once you've paid the fee's the NVC will email you the AOS and IV checklist. Above I gave you the link from NVC for collecting documents and the next following steps in the NVC process. I advise you read it well, and see what applies to your situation.

Also, please read the wiki link I had given you, it gives step by step, exact information on what you will need to do. If you follow it and take heed the advises it will make this whole process much easier. It's a lot to read, but totally worth it. :) 

Thanks again, will review the information.

The last notice we got from NVC did include this Civer Sheet which had a checklist of all the documents we need to provided for the financial docs and AOS.

i was wondering if it's okay to get he police report right now, even though I have only completed step 1 only.

i called NVC to validate that I, the petitioner will be the agent so they noted it and said to wait a week and then continue to step 2, pay fees, and then the other steps.

So is it okay to have the police reports dated for now, since they are valid like for 6-12 months I believe?

5 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

One more question, on the letter we received it said that the interview will be in Islamabad Pakistan. But since my husband is in Uae is it possible to ask to have the interview in UAE?

36 minutes ago, Noor881 said:

Thanks again, will review the information.

The last notice we got from NVC did include this Civer Sheet which had a checklist of all the documents we need to provided for the financial docs and AOS.

i was wondering if it's okay to get he police report right now, even though I have only completed step 1 only.

i called NVC to validate that I, the petitioner will be the agent so they noted it and said to wait a week and then continue to step 2, pay fees, and then the other steps.

So is it okay to have the police reports dated for now, since they are valid like for 6-12 months I believe?

16 minutes ago, Noor881 said:

One more question, on the letter we received it said that the interview will be in Islamabad Pakistan. But since my husband is in Uae is it possible to ask to have the interview in UAE?

No problem. :) 

To be honest I would have thought the interview would have been in UAE as he's currently living there. But I would call NVC to be sure of this, especially if it's difficult to travel between UAE and Pakistan. I have known members to have their interview in the country they are living in and not the country they are actually from. So call and have it changed.

That's good you made yourself the agent. Be sure they have both your email address and your husbands, so that you both receive the information. 

Yes you can always get the police certificates now, and this is the time you should, as you are collecting these documents to submit to the NVC

Good Luck dear! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 2:09 PM, Ahmed & Amy said:

No problem. :) 

To be honest I would have thought the interview would have been in UAE as he's currently living there. But I would call NVC to be sure of this, especially if it's difficult to travel between UAE and Pakistan. I have known members to have their interview in the country they are living in and not the country they are actually from. So call and have it changed.

That's good you made yourself the agent. Be sure they have both your email address and your husbands, so that you both receive the information. 

Yes you can always get the police certificates now, and this is the time you should, as you are collecting these documents to submit to the NVC

Good Luck dear! :) 

Hi,

Thanks again. I just want to know if you know how we can check what the current interview dates are for the country. 

So I had it changed to UAE since he's working there. So NVC changed It to UAE

But now in thinking that I shouldn't have gotten it changed coz most of our docs are from Pakistan, like birth n marriage certificate n all. N i think interview dates are faster in Pakistan than UAE?

So what should I do now ?

Edited by Noor881

21 hours ago, Noor881 said:

Hi,

Thanks again. I just want to know if you know how we can check what the current interview dates are for the country. 

So I had it changed to UAE since he's working there. So NVC changed It to UAE

But now in thinking that I shouldn't have gotten it changed coz most of our docs are from Pakistan, like birth n marriage certificate n all. N i think interview dates are faster in Pakistan than UAE?

So what should I do now ?

I'm sorry I can really tell you what to do. If you think it's best to have your case moved to the US Embassy in Pakistan due to documents and it being easier for you, then maybe that is what you should do, as long as it isn't more of a hardship for you (traveling back and forth). I honestly am not all too familiar with the UAE or Pakistan US embassies, so I apologize I feel I can not really give you any solid advice other than, do what you believe will be best for you. May Allah make your journey easy for you.  Ameen 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.