Redledbetter

London - CR1 Interview Documents - Letter received from Consular Section

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've recently booked my interview online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ inLondon for August 2nd and have been gathering all of the required documents listed out on the USCIS website.

I'm pretty confident I have everything I need - however, upon reading the confirmation email received from the online booking system, I noticed that it states the following:

"You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter you received from the Consular section"

I'm a little confused over what they mean by the letter from the consular section? As I understand from reading on here, the process of booking your interview has changed quite recently and you now book the appointment yourself (as I have done), and no longer have to wait for the embassy to send you a letter containing your interview date. Should I be receiving a letter from the Embassy confirming my interview details and this would then be the letter they're referring to?

I've also wondered if they're referring to the letter I received confirming my I-130 approval which contained my case number? Unfortunately I managed to be incredibly stupid and have misplaced this letter so I'm hoping it's not referring to this... I'm pretty certain however after reading some previous threads on here that this letter isn't required for the London interviews.

I would be very grateful if someone could help or point me in the right direction regarding this?

Tom

I think you are fine with just the confirmation of booking. They will have a list of the day's appointments outside to confirm you actually have an appointment that day and let you in.

"Consular section" means the Immigrant Visa Unit part of the Department of State, as opposed to the USCIS office in London where you started out with the petition. So yes, the missing letter saying they had your file and start the visa application part is the only letter you will get from the consular section, but you can still get in without it.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm still in disbelief at myself for managing to lose the letter but I really don't think they would refuse to let me in for not having it?

Ideally I'd like to not have to take any chances and have had a look into replacing it on here but have heard it costs around $400!?

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm still in disbelief at myself for managing to lose the letter but I really don't think they would refuse to let me in for not having it?

Ideally I'd like to not have to take any chances and have had a look into replacing it on here but have heard it costs around $400!?

It costs $400 to replace a lost greencard. That's a later chapter in your book.

YOU DO NOT NEED THAT LETTER. Relax and go to your interview.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.