Marshall15

CEAC Status still says 'Ready'

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys and Gals

I had my K1 Visa interview on Wednesday 16th July and was accepted.

However, it is now Friday 25th July and my CEAC status is still set to 'Ready'. Isn't it supposed to have changed to 'Issued' by now?

Anyone else had this "issue"?

This is a little disconcerting as I'm really hoping to travel out soon!

Thanks

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Had my interview on 18th and it still says 'Ready' also. They did something on 21st as my Status Updated date changed but nothing since :(

Think we may be in for a bit of a wait.

Timeline

Same for me too folks! I had my interview on Thurs 17th July and still nothing yet either. I've been "Ready" on the CEAC system every since the interview. Though, yesterday my status date did update to 21st July and my case changed from Immigrant to non-immigrant...

There's been global delays by the looks of things. Maybe it's beginning to sort out now. Am hoping I get a courier email very soon!

Let's keep this thread going and post any new activity here as it happens...

Cheers.

Timeline

P.s. When I contacted the visa unit via the London Embassy contact form the other day (Weds 23rd July) RE my CEAC status delay... I received this response yesterday:

cleardot.gif

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Embassy records show that your application is currently being processing. As processing varies in each individual case, we regret that we are unable to guarantee processing by any set date.

Once processing of your application has been completed, your passport will be handed to the courier company for delivery. On receipt, they will send you an email with a tracking number which can be used to track your delivery online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com You will be required to sign into your account and go to the “Applicant Summary Page” to check the status.

Sincerely,"

So we just need to "excersise some patience!" as the lady told me on the phone when I tried calling the embassy the othe day too!!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies peeps, makes me feel better I'm not alone!
My Case creation date and status update date both read July 17th, which is a day after my interview, so at least something has happened!

As for the 'exercise some patience' response you received, if only they really knew how long and difficult this K Visa process is.

Good idea keeping this thread going, we could be a visa support group!

Thanks for the replies peeps, makes me feel better I'm not alone!

My Case creation date and status update date both read July 17th, which is a day after my interview, so at least something has happened!

As for the 'exercise some patience' response you received, if only they really knew how long and difficult this K Visa process is.

Good idea keeping this thread going, we could be a visa support group!

They truly have no idea how difficult this process is.

Patience is in thin supply right now between waiting for the visa and packing up a house into boxes.

I have a flight booked to Denver in 10 days time but will keep drinking wine until the visa appears :)

Good luck everyone. Let's hope for a change in status tomorrow.

Timeline

They truly have no idea how difficult this process is.

Patience is in thin supply right now between waiting for the visa and packing up a house into boxes.

I have a flight booked to Denver in 10 days time but will keep drinking wine until the visa appears :)

Good luck everyone. Let's hope for a change in status tomorrow.

I'm also going to Denver! Might see each other getting the wedding licence!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make your flight.

I haven't yet booked my flight, but do have the wedding booked for August 24th, so can handle a small delay.

Best of luck to both of you lads, and as you said, hopefully we'll get some news tomorrow.

Reposting this info to your thread concerning not being able to print visas yet.

This just got posted on the U.S. DOS facebook page just FYI: ( https://www.facebook.com/travelgov?sk=wall )

"As of July 27, the Department of State has made continued progress on restoring our system to full functionality. As we restore our ability to print visas, we are prioritizing immigrant cases, including adoptions visas. System engineers are performing maintenance to address the problems we encountered. As system performance improves, we will continue to process visas at U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide. We are committed to resolving the problem as soon as possible. Additional updates will be posted to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available."

Hopefully things pick back up this coming week for all of us waiting for visas!!!!

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

In the thread about the computer crash, applicants from two countries both received this letter today.

"Dear Applicant,

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system which are affecting operations globally. We recognize that this may cause inconvenience to travelers, and apologize for the delay.

Although we have completed adjudication of your visa application, we are unable to take final action on the visa at this time. We hope to have our system fully operational again soon, but currently we do not have a timeline for when this may happen. If you have travel planned in the near future, we would suggest adjusting your travel arrangements accordingly.

Again, we recognize and regret the inconvenience this may cause. If you would like your passport returned to you (without the visa) please let us know and we will return it for later issuance.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter."

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

In the thread about the computer crash, applicants from two countries both received this letter today.

"Dear Applicant,

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system which are affecting operations globally. We recognize that this may cause inconvenience to travelers, and apologize for the delay.

Although we have completed adjudication of your visa application, we are unable to take final action on the visa at this time. We hope to have our system fully operational again soon, but currently we do not have a timeline for when this may happen. If you have travel planned in the near future, we would suggest adjusting your travel arrangements accordingly.

Again, we recognize and regret the inconvenience this may cause. If you would like your passport returned to you (without the visa) please let us know and we will return it for later issuance.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter."

Thanks Nich-Nick. This is interesting! Do you know which countries?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.