dbears

Our K1 & K2 USEM Interview Experience

52 posts in this topic

Sorry if nadelay ang lola nu, nabusy lang po konti sa kids camp sa church namin.

USEM INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE: May 21, 2008

Tips:

1. Bring water or bottled juice and food for your kids.

2. You don't need to be there too early since the line for immigrants and K visas are shorter than other types of visa applicants.

3. Being there too early will not guarantee you will be accommodated earliest.

4. Don't be afraid nor be ashamed to tell the guard your visa type and ask them where you should line up.

5. As long as you know in your heart that your relationship with your fiancé/fiancée/ husband/wife is true then there is really nothing to be afraid of (except fear of the unknown). You would definitely be able to answer all the basic questions about your petitioner.

We left the hotel at 6AM and were at USEM around 6:15 AM. They were already letting applicants inside when we arrived. The lines for tourist visa and seaman applicants were quiet long. One vendor insisted I lined up at the very back but I did not listen to her, instead I sought out a USEM guard/staff wearing USEM ID and asked him where K1 applicants should line up. I was directed to a shorter line and was inside the embassy immigrant applicants' area in no time at all.

There was the DS form submissions and then finger scanning(kids are exempted) and then another waiting time for pre-screener.

Pre-screener asked me for:

1. My BC and my kids BC

2. Affidavit of support (I had 3copies, she only took 1copy)

3. ITR (I submitted photocopy)

4. Photos of me and my petitioner

Pre-screener questions:

1. What is your name?

2. Who is your petitioner?

3. Do you have kids? (even if my kids was standing in front of her already)

4. Are they your kids?

5. What are their names?

6. When is their birthday?

7. What is your petitioner's occupation?

8. How long has he been a nurse?

9. How old are you?

10.When is your petitioner's birthday?

11.Has he been divorced?

12.When was the divorce?

13.Does he have any kids?

14.Who has custody of the kid?

15.When and how did you meet your petitioner?

16.How many times did he visit?

17.When was the first visit, for how long?

18.When was the last visit, for how long?

19.What is your occupation?

After the interview with pre-screener, we sat back again and waited for our number to flash. We were assigned to room 31 who is probably the infamous pompous consul that others have talked about. Before my time for interview, he has sent out and made one USC fiancé wait outside while he grilled the fiancée inside. Most of the interviewees assigned to him took a long time to come out.

When it was our time to take the hot seat, the consul made me swear under oath for the truthfulness of my interview answers. He then asked the same set of questions the pre-screener asked and in addition:

1. What is your name?

2. Who is your petitioner?

3. How old are you?

4. When is your fiance's birthday?

5. What is your fiancé's child's name?

6. Have you talked with her?

7. Has your kids seen your petitioner?

8. Do they like him? (I threw this question to my kids, I asked them: Do you like Ricky?... my kids replied with a resounding YES!)

9. When is your fiance's birthday?

10. So, you have not been married?

11. How old are your kids?

12. Where is their father?

13. Has he seen them lately?

14.How old were the kids when the father left?

15.Can I see any pictures of you and your kids when they were little? (I

then handed him some pics with me and the kids when the kids were

still babies and also during their toddler years.)

16.When is your fiance's birthday again? (he repeated the same question

3times, I told him June 30, 19XX three times also but on the last one, I

added: And that is also the date of our engagement, June 30, 2007. I

guess that finally shut him up)

The CO was flipping through our file (the one we submitted to USCIS and also the additional documents I provided that day) while interviewing me. After the last "when is your fiance's birthday" question, he then closed our file and said: OK. I guess that would be it. Your number will be called one last time and they will instruct you what to do next.

I then asked him: So, what should I tell my fiancé when I go out from this building?

CO: Well, as soon we verified that you truly have never been married before then I guess everything looks good and you are all approved. We do need to do our own verification.

I wanted to shout: BUT I PAID DOC VERIFICATION OVER A MONTH AGO!!!...

Instead, I just smiled and said thank you sir and God bless. Then went out of the room with my kids in tow.

After a few minutes of waiting, my name was called. The last screener was about to ask for my doc. verification deposit slip while flipping through my file when he saw my verified cenomar.

Post-screener: Oh, you have your results already, maybe he (the consul) have overlooked this. Ma'am could you pls wait for awhile I will just return this to the CO so he could approved you for issuance. You can sit back again, we will just call your name later.

After, another few minutes, another screener called my name but LO AND BEHOLD, he said exactly he same thing; that my results (referring to verified documents) are already in and they must have overlooked it.

It was a good thing, the 2nd post-screener took time to check my record on their data base and then said, this is already ok and gave me the pink slip and also returned all the pictures we submitted during the filing for I-129F petition.

After that, I paid the PHP1,200 visa delivery fee at the delbros booth and off we go. (PHP400 for each of us—me and the 2 kids)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many things I am most thankful in our stay in Manila... getting the chance to bond with my kids, passing the medical and interview, meeting fellow vjers, the overwhelming influx of moral support and prayers not only from my fellow vjers in the Philippine forum but also from fellow january filers and other vjer from other countries whose friendship I have gained in the past months since filing I-129F.

And most importantly, I bring back all the honor and glory to God who has never failed me. I have failed Him so many times but he has remained awesomely faithful. Truly "My Life is in You Lord" (F)

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

A very BIG congratulations for the 4 of you!!!! :thumbs: Have a safe flight over here and WELCOME TO AMERICA!!!!!

Congratulations!!!
congrats! :dance:

thank you very very very very much (F)(F)(F)

ROC

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
There are so many things I am most thankful in our stay in Manila... getting the chance to bond with my kids, passing the medical and interview, meeting fellow vjers, the overwhelming influx of moral support and prayers not only from my fellow vjers in the Philippine forum but also from fellow january filers and other vjer from other countries whose friendship I have gained in the past months since filing I-129F.

And most importantly, I bring back all the honor and glory to God who has never failed me. I have failed Him so many times but he has remained awesomely faithful. Truly "My Life is in You Lord" (F)

Hi,

Congratulations :dance:

1919m3v26vlf5u.gif

--------------------

01-25-2008 =I-129f sent to CSC

01-28-2008 = CSC recieved petition

02-05-2006 =Noa1

06-02-2008 =touched

06-03-2008 =touched

06-10-2008 = NOA2

06-17-2008 = NVC harcdcopy

07-03-2008 = medical (passed)

07-09-2008- Paid DV

07-16-2008 - DV Forward to NSO

08-05-2008= Interview

08-20-2008 = visa printed

08-21-2008 = VISA ON HAND ( my birthday too)

09-02-2008- flight to USA

10-18- 2008= wedding

A very BIG congratulations for the 4 of you!!!! :thumbs: Have a safe flight over here and WELCOME TO AMERICA!!!!!

Thank you dannymartin1... trip to the US won't be till end of July but an early "welcome" is mostly appreciated. :star:

ROC

N-400

Thank you dannymartin1... trip to the US won't be till end of July but an early "welcome" is mostly appreciated. :star:

That's great.... This will give you more time to spend with your family there. We know you both are relieved and feel like you are on top of the world. This Journey can be very exhausting, but in the end it is all worth the waiting and the pain being away from your loved ones. Anyway, we are Happy for the 4 of you....

Congrats on the approvals :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

congratulations ate :)

ur doc verification is finished, u will not wait so long...

:star:

i was in window 31 also .... but i dont know if the same consul.. he's kinda half greek/american

he's nice to us, just slow and confused who he will asked.. me or Ryan.. but I like him coz he did not put me in AR :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.