Single Status Update
Hi Please share visa interview experience. And what documents did she take with her?
My husband's interview is also in Mumbai next month so any information from you will be very helpful.
The document list she took were as follows:
1. AOS Docs
- Copy of signed i864 form which I sent to NVC.
- Copy of Updated signed i864 form which I sent her before interview (the one I sent to NVC did not have tax return for 2016)
- Copy of IRS Transcript 2015, 2014, 2013 (I sent this to NVC)
- Copy of IRS Tax Returns 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013. (I only sent 2015, 2014, 2013 to NVC)
- Copy of W2 Forms 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 (I only sent 2015, 2014, 2013 to NVC)
- My Paystubs which I sent to NVC and last 4 Paystubs before Interview date.
- Copy of Employment Letter which I got from my workplace
2. Civil Docs
a. Petitioner Docs
- Copy of my USA passport.
- Copy of my Naturalization certificate
- Copy of my SSN card
- Copy of my US Driving License
- Copy of my Selective Service Registration.
b. Beneficiary Docs
- Her Original Old and Current Passports and Copies.
- Her Original name change affidavit.
- DS260 Confirmation. Also took the DS260 form that I submitted and took snapshots.
- AOS and DS260 Fee receipts.
- Original Marriage Certifcate and Copy.
- Original Police Clearance Certificate and Copy
- Her Original Birth Certificate and Copy.
- Our Wedding Album. (Also, we had some other photos printed. For e.g. before wedding photos and after wedding honeymoon photos).
- Honeymoon trip tickets and itenary.
- Our social media chats and phone records (just selected few and printed them out - 4 pages).
- I will be flying soon so those upcoming flight tickets.
Not sure if I forgot something above.. I know some of the documents are not needed but I would go prepared for anything they need to see.
She told me that it was good experience and they made it an easy process. They were friendly and explained her each step. She also choose interpreter for our language . All in all a good experience.
Let me know if you need to know anything else. All the best for your interview.