Jaylen Brit

Medical - Basil St Docs

3 posts in this topic

OK so, as you may know I was stressing big time about getting there on time. My appointment was 11:15am on May 24th (today) and I don't live far from London (15-20 mins on a fast train); but I have this 'thing' about being late..so me and my 10 year old set off early, around 930am.

We actually got to Knightsbridge tube by 10:20am - way too early - but really i just wanted to find Basil Mansions (which isn't #15 Basil street - its a building opposite a hotel about 1/4 of the way down Basil Street).

We found it fairly easily after a quick diversion looking in Harrods food Halls (lol) and went in, early, at about 10:45am.

The Docs offices are on the ground floor, and were clean and neat - the receptionist was friendly and there were a couple of forms to fill in after she took passports, birth certs, medical questionaires and the photos.

I completed and signed my daughter's forms as she's only 10.

We weren't waiting long before they called us thru to be seen by a Doc called 'Rudolf'. He never gave me his surname, and I can't read it on the form, but he had an Aussie accent, tho he said he was South African. We had a little chat about Australia as I used to live there as well. He was really nice, very smiley (but Im quite smiley myself and I think it's catching,lol), and the actual exam was pretty straightforward.

Eye exam, ears checked, heart listened to, BP checked..belly palpitated (plus he had warm hands, always a bonus, most docs have hands they seem to keep in the freezer), height measured, (I haven't shrunk, which was good), and weight taken (56 kilos, I thought I was 60, we laughed over that but I said I wasn't complaining). He did my reflexes in my knees which I wasnt expecting and almost kicked over the lamp (lol), and a breast exam, then he drained about 3 pints (OK maybe not that much) of blood.

For my daughter it was just height, weight,eye test, ears, look in throat, belly palpitation and that was her done.

I had the chest xray after that - all clear apart from old 'proof' from when I had pleurisy as a child - the radiologist said it leaves 'tenting' on the lung and is like 'scar tissue' or 'fingerprint' of that illness. It's not a 'shadow' though and I'm not worried or bothered about it. Nor was he.

By now it was around 11:50am, and we went onto the nurse for vaccination check. My daughter needed Hep B - dammit, I could've got that free at the GP, but I thought it could wait til we got to the States. Apparently not tho; it has to be at least 'started' before you can emigrate - so that was £35 for a shot for her; one of 3 she needs to have within the next 8 months for Hep B.

After that we were done - just the most painful part of the experience - the cost! :lol:

£270 ($504) later we were out of there, with copies of the vaccination histories, and back into Harrods food halls :)

All in all - faster than I thought and a lot more interesting :D

As a post-script - this morning's post which arrived an hour before we left, brought my packet 4 and an interview date of June 14th - much faster than i was expecting..been an eventful day!

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:-D

Glad it was relatively pain free, except on your pocketbook.

So... when you flying... June 20th? :-D

How it Started

2001 to Feb 2002 - Met online, were acquintances

Mar to Apr 2005 - Talked about finally giving in to our feelings and getting married

Aug 1 to Aug 7, 2005 - Fifth US Visit - Engaged

Time for the Visa

Dec 8, 2005 - Finally mailed Packet

Dec 20, 2005 - NOA1 Notice Date

Dec 27, 2005 - NOA1 Rcv'd in Mail

Mar 10, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Mar 23, 2006 - NVC Received Packet

Mar 24, 2006 - Case Forwarded to London Embassy

Apr 7, 2006 - Recieved Packet 3

May 11, 2006 - Packet 3 Sent Back

May 24, 2006 - Medical Appointment

May 24, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

Jun 14, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

Jun 16, 2006 - Visa Recieved

Great info about the medical, i will not be so worried about my son having his now. And CONGRATULATIONS on your interview date and the best of luck to you

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.