Jolene551

AP questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am planning on spending xmas in my home country New Zealand, I have received my 'welcome to usa' Letter but my green card has not arrived ( its been 4months since i got the letter, and I have scheduled an infopass to resolve this). I applied for my AP in July 2007, my case is still pending.

My question is: is there anyway I can speed up the AP, would visiting my local office help?

and also, because my I485 technically is not still pending, and because NZ is a visa Waiver country, would i be able to travel without an AP?

I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me,

Thanks ! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I am planning on spending xmas in my home country New Zealand, I have received my 'welcome to usa' Letter but my green card has not arrived ( its been 4months since i got the letter, and I have scheduled an infopass to resolve this). I applied for my AP in July 2007, my case is still pending.

My question is: is there anyway I can speed up the AP, would visiting my local office help?

and also, because my I485 technically is not still pending, and because NZ is a visa Waiver country, would i be able to travel without an AP?

I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me,

Thanks ! :)

Make a infopass. Take with you copies of Welcome letter. Travellling to NZ wont be the problem, getting back into the USA will. If possible ask at infopass if you can have the stamp in your passport and also to find out why you never received the Green card.

Since you have been approved for a GC, you wont get or need AP. You will need either the GC or the stamp in your passport.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

You may find that your greencard has got lost in the mail.... this happened to me.. you need to make an infopass appointment as soon as you can and get them to check if the card has been issued... if it has then you will need to file form I-90 and pay the fee for a replacement card.... ask them for the I-551 stamp in your passport it is good for both work and travel....

As for your AP if was abandoned when you were approved for your greencard... so no point in chasing that one.

Kez

Thanks, this was helpful.

I spoke to uscis and they said my GC had been sent (months ago), so I am presuming it has been lost in the mail. I have a INFO PASS appointment at the chicago office. Do you think I can count on getting the stamp at that appointment, so that I can take the trip?

thanks for the advice ! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Thanks for your help. My Green card actually arrived in the mail last night! I am very happy and relieved.

:)

Congrats... that solves everything... but damn if the post wasnt slow....

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.