sophisgent

N-400 TSC CASHING CHECKS???

4 posts in this topic

Just threw one in the hopper on Sep. 26.

From you recent filers, how long is it taking TSC:

1. Cash the check?

2. Provide receipt and give you a case number?

My N400 went in on 26 July (received 30 July in Mesquite). To date cheque not cashed - more than 8 weeks later.

According to the weekly update of progress from USCIS, TSC had reached only as far as apps received on 17 July last weekend.

A couple of threads below for July Filers and August Filers have links to the updates. TSC is very slow on N400s, they have moved only 2 days in about 5 weeks if I remember correctly. I think they are leaving them to concentrate on other things - seems that way.

I don't think anyone can say at present how long it'll take from here on in. It's all different from the norm. :wacko:

1. Cash the check?

My N400 went in on 26 July (received 30 July in Mesquite). To date cheque not cashed - more than 8 weeks later.

According to the weekly update of progress from USCIS, TSC had reached only as far as apps received on 17 July last weekend.

A couple of threads below for July Filers and August Filers have links to the updates. TSC is very slow on N400s, they have moved only 2 days in about 5 weeks if I remember correctly. I think they are leaving them to concentrate on other things - seems that way.

I don't think anyone can say at present how long it'll take from here on in. It's all different from the norm. :wacko:

Thanks for the good info!

I guess the next question is what was the experience of TSC handling the overflow on N-400s back when there was the last fee increase?

1. Cash the check?

Thanks for the good info!

I guess the next question is what was the experience of TSC handling the overflow on N-400s back when there was the last fee increase?

Hmmmm -I can't help you with that one.

One thing I did read ,on another immigration forum yesterday, is that one of the posters there had read "somewhere" that as well as the influx of applications, there's some question of funding for temporary staff to deal with backlogs having been recently cut off by Congress. I have no idea if this is reliable information, but it fits the circumstances.

I reckon the delays in just entering data and receipting applications, especially at TSC are far beyond anything we could have expected due to simply an increase in fees. after all, only those eligible CAN apply, how many more of those could there be?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.