chrisandamye

what's the correct time estimation for London embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance and I sent in our paperwork in early May, but didnt receive the receipt in the mail till early June. The case is still pending, though. But by the time lines it looks like we should have received some news by now. Does anyone know why our case might be taking longer? Or how to track it more closely? He's British, so I dont see why it would be that long.

I also seem to be finding wide time variations in the time lines on this site. Some say that after we receive this nao2 the rest of the process with the London embassy takes about a month, others say 3.5 months. Can anyone give me advice on how to find a more definite time estimate? Ive heard horror stories of people waiting over a year for this and am really worried that might happen to us. I would appreciate any information you could offer. Thanks so much.

If your petition was approved, there's no point at looking at it online anymore (obviously your case didn't get updated online to show 'approved'). The case is no longer with USCIS - it is sent to the NVC after approval, and then sent to the consulate in London. The online information you used at the petition phase is no longer relevant.

If you have not heard anything since your approval in June, I would have definitely been calling someone by now! But at any rate, you need to figure out where your case is. I would start by calling the NVC and making sure it left there for the consulate. You'll need the case number of your petition, and I'd call either early in the a.m. or late at night. (603) 334-0700. They will be able to give you your 'new' case number, which will now begin with 'LDN'.

If it has indeed been sent to the consulate, then I would phone or email them to get a status.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Processing times at consulates vary - and 'being British' doesn't matter one iota. You're in line with everyone else going through London, or at any step of the process, for that matter. You can get a guesstimate of London processing times from this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1153253

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
If your petition was approved, there's no point at looking at it online anymore (obviously your case didn't get updated online to show 'approved'). The case is no longer with USCIS - it is sent to the NVC after approval, and then sent to the consulate in London. The online information you used at the petition phase is no longer relevant.

If you have not heard anything since your approval in June, I would have definitely been calling someone by now! But at any rate, you need to figure out where your case is. I would start by calling the NVC and making sure it left there for the consulate. You'll need the case number of your petition, and I'd call either early in the a.m. or late at night. (603) 334-0700. They will be able to give you your 'new' case number, which will now begin with 'LDN'.

If it has indeed been sent to the consulate, then I would phone or email them to get a status.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Processing times at consulates vary - and 'being British' doesn't matter one iota. You're in line with everyone else going through London, or at any step of the process, for that matter. You can get a guesstimate of London processing times from this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1153253

Another suggestion might be to email london embassy in my experience they were quick in responding just make sure you write your case number as a subject heading. I've heard phoning is extremely expensive. I waited from the beginning of Nov 06 until Jan until I heard in fact I emailed asking for an update and it was through this email that I learned about my interview on 31st Jan 07. Good Luck

Don't bother emailing London. Generally, they delete emails unread unless you have the "special" code you can only get from calling their premium rate number (£1.20/min!). You might get lucky if you put your case number in the line, but maybe not. If you really must email them, this is pretty much the only way you can ensure a response (although there are exceptions to this -- some people have gotten lucky in the past with only a case nu,ber). As Tracy said above, calling NVC is your best bet here.

Once you get the case number starting LND2007, you can call the Department of State for MUCH cheaper rates (as it's a regular US long distance call) for updates: 202 663 1225. They have just as much info as the Embassy (generally). Good luck! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
Don't bother emailing London. Generally, they delete emails unread unless you have the "special" code you can only get from calling their premium rate number (£1.20/min!). You might get lucky if you put your case number in the line, but maybe not. If you really must email them, this is pretty much the only way you can ensure a response (although there are exceptions to this -- some people have gotten lucky in the past with only a case nu,ber). As Tracy said above, calling NVC is your best bet here.

Once you get the case number starting LND2007, you can call the Department of State for MUCH cheaper rates (as it's a regular US long distance call) for updates: 202 663 1225. They have just as much info as the Embassy (generally). Good luck! :thumbs:

I had no problem with the email system at the embassy. I was actually advised by vj menbers to do so, unless there is now a change in their emiling system

I had no problem with the email system at the embassy. I was actually advised by vj menbers to do so, unless there is now a change in their emiling system

The reason why I recommended bypassing the email is that the London Embassy is notorious for being hit-or-miss in replying to emails in a timely fashion. Some people get lucky and get a prompt reply, others wait for weeks (I kid you not). Some get no reply at all. If the OP needs a quick response, email is probably not the way to go about things.

Don't get me wrong -- the email system hasn't changed, and for those who ask for and get quick replies, that's great! It's just not the only way. ;)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.